3 Reservations cancelled-Now this?

WilsonFlyer

DIS Veteran
I've got to say that I'm a little appalled with the information coming in today that we cannot apply our distressed points (all current June 2019 UY, in our case) to existing reservations.

We are blessed to have enough points each year to, for the most part; make the reservations we want for each year. Blessed, yes; but by design too. We, like many of you; paid for that privilege.

I have 181 points in limbo from chasing 3 different reservations since Easter (all now cancelled). They are still sitting (as of today) in my current UY (2019) that ends Sunday. I have made yet the 4th pushed reservation from our Easter trip for August 1-8 in the hopes of getting that trip in before school starts back here. I made it with 2020 points because I had them and the accommodations we wanted/were willing to settle for were available. However, and this is a huge "however;" we would have likely never used 2020 points to make that reservation had we known we could not later apply those distressed points to it, essentially replacing most of it with those points. This is essentially our F&G/Easter trip. In August. Through no fault of our own, nor Disney's and I get that.

So now as I understand it, I have to take the risk of losing that reservation and release it and make a new one in order to use those points. That seems grossly unfair to me and not in anybody's best interest to do it that way. I didn't need to involve MS here while they're so busy at all. I made my reservation, and simply planned to call them when things calm down sometime before our trip and simply have the intended points applied. Now, it seems, I have to become part of the kaos because the longer I wait, at least it seems to me; the more likely we are to lose that reservation during the release in the transition (ie-less rooms available and more people demanding them as time passes).

I'm not sure about y'all, but that whole process seems grossly unfair and equally unnecessary because I don't understand why that whole process/policy serves any greater good to the system. Anybody want to lend any insight as to what I am apparently missing here?

Last edited:
Not disagreeing with you but want to report that I had a very successful call with MS yesterday. I was on redial for about 30 minutes before they answered then in the queue for about 50 minutes. (I just put phone on speaker and went about life). When it was finally my turn, I made my request, she said let me see what I can do, and then came back 2-3 minutes later to tell me it was done. She did more than I thought she would be able to toward saving 409 points.

I'm hearing more that it applies to the 2018 extended points and I think the info coming about the odd report of late banking of 2019 points will be found to be incorrect. I'm actually of the wait and see on the 2018 points too but I suspect it will end up being that the 2019 points can be applied to the existing reservations. Keep in mind that there always has been the odd CM or two around that has stated that can't be done so no real reason to think they aren't still working and giving out that misinformation.

It sounds like 2018 banked points that were extended will not be able to be used for existing reservations.
Your June 2019 points do not fall into that category. Your points were effectively allowed to be "late banked". I would think banked points could be used for an existing reservation.

It sounds like 2018 banked points that were extended will not be able to be used for existing reservations.
Your June 2019 points do not fall into that category. Your points were effectively allowed to be "late banked". I would think banked points could be used for an existing reservation.
This is how I've been told. The 2018 extended points will not be able to be used for existing reservations. Late banked 2019 should show up in your dashboard and can be used just like any other set of regularly banked points. You should be able to have these reallocated.

The reports have been this applies to banked 2018 points, it sounds like the points that members will be given to use may not be their own points as someone was told that DVC is gifting them to the owner foe the extension after their own ones expire,

I think, right now, 2019 UY points have been reported to be going back and will be in your account.

For June UY, the June 5th date was given at the end of April, so I think we will know next week.

I've got to say that I'm a little appalled with the information coming in today that we cannot apply our distressed points (all current June 2019 UY, in our case) to existing reservations.

We are blessed to have enough points each year to, for the most part; make the reservations we want for each year. Blessed, yes; but by design too. We, like many of you; paid for that privilege.

I have 181 points in limbo from chasing 3 different reservations since Easter (all now cancelled). They are still sitting (as of today) in my current UY (2019) that ends Sunday. I have made yet the 4th pushed reservation from our Easter trip for August 1-8 in the hopes of getting that trip in before school starts back here. I made it with 2020 points because I had them and the accommodations we wanted/were willing to settle for were available. However, and this is a huge "however;" we would have likely never used 2020 points to make that reservation had we known we could not later apply those distressed points to it, essentially replacing most of it with those points. This is essentially our F&G/Easter trip. In August. Through no fault of our own, nor Disney's and I get that.

So now as I understand it, I have to take the risk of losing that reservation and release it and make a new one in order to use those points. That seems grossly unfair to me and not in anybody's best interest to do it that way. I didn't need to involve MS here while they're so busy at all. I made my reservation, and simply planned to call them when things calm down sometime before our trip and simply have the intended points applied. Now, it seems, I have to become part of the kaos because the longer I wait, at least it seems to me; the more likely we are to lose that reservation during the release in the transition (ie-less rooms available and more people demanding them as time passes).

I'm not sure about y'all, but that whole process seems grossly unfair and equally unnecessary because I don't understand why that whole process/policy serves any greater good to the system. Anybody want to lend any insight as to what I am apparently missing here?
I am disgusted by this also. It's just unreal

The reports have been this applies to banked 2018 points, it sounds like the points that members will be given to use may not be their own points as someone was told that DVC is gifting them to the owner foe the extension after their own ones expire,
If they are not the members points, then in addition to not being able to use them for an existing reservation, I would assume they can not be deposited into RCI. Hopefully DVC will clarify before the June 17th deadline for Aug UY's to deposit into RCI without restriction.

If they are not the members points, then in addition to not being able to use them for an existing reservation, I would assume they can not be deposited into RCI. Hopefully DVC will clarify before the June 17th deadline for Aug UY's to deposit into RCI without restriction.

I am not really sure, but everything that has been said, and the rules of using, do lead me to believe they are the points DVD has that they use for cash bookings and instead are allowing members to access...vs, just giving owners of 2018 points no options

Again, not going to be useful for all if these indeed do have the restrictions being reported.

I will say I am seeing lots of changes daily in rooms so it is possible all won’t be lost, I do agree with many that these polices should be detailed in an email to members, given how difficult it is to get in contact with them.

Next week, we should begin to get answers for April and June UY as those points were to be available for booking June 5th.

I was told the same thing, there was nothing they could do. You need to put in a wait list, keep checking back or risk losing the reservation. We can't reallocate points to an existing reservation. ☹

I was told the same thing, there was nothing they could do. You need to put in a wait list, keep checking back or risk losing the reservation. We can't reallocate points to an existing reservation. ☹

Just to verify, These are the 2018 points extended to November 30th, not 2019 points being given the year.

Not disagreeing with you but want to report that I had a very successful call with MS yesterday. I was on redial for about 30 minutes before they answered then in the queue for about 50 minutes. (I just put phone on speaker and went about life). When it was finally my turn, I made my request, she said let me see what I can do, and then came back 2-3 minutes later to tell me it was done. She did more than I thought she would be able to toward saving 409 points.
are you June UY too??

One of my contracts has a June UY as well. I have 89 current points from that June 2019 UY from my trip that was cancelled last week that expire tomorrow. I have spoken to MS 3 times in the last month, as well as a chat (have the transcript), that says that there will be no problem using those "late banked" points to replace current 2020 points used for my fall reservation. You just have to wait until MS gets them moved to your 2020 UY to use them, which should happen by June 5th, from what I was told...again, multiple times.

The only way I could see a problem is if you have multiple contracts, and are trying to use them for a reservation made using the 11 month home booking advanatage from another property's contract. Otherwise, there should be no problem at all.

One of my contracts has a June UY as well. I have 89 current points from that June 2019 UY from my trip that was cancelled last week that expire tomorrow. I have spoken to MS 3 times in the last month, as well as a chat (have the transcript), that says that there will be no problem using those "late banked" points to replace current 2020 points used for my fall reservation. You just have to wait until MS gets them moved to your 2020 UY to use them, which should happen by June 5th, from what I was told...again, multiple times.

The only way I could see a problem is if you have multiple contracts, and are trying to use them for a reservation made using the 11 month home booking advanatage from another property's contract. Otherwise, there should be no problem at all.

I think the key to all of this is that each type of points will have different rules,

It does seem that the restrIction about only being placed in new is for the 2018 points,

I mean, they can certainly change the rules any time and not allow it because they used the term extended one year vs, saying we are allowing those points to be banked beyond the deadline,

But, from all reports, 2019 UY points will show up online and once they do, it seems normal rules will apply.

At least we have only a week left before we get real reports of what can be done

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter