3 days in Shanghai Disneyland enough?

doombuggy

Has visited every Disney park in the world
would 3 days be enough for this park? We are planning a trip to China and Japan next October for a milestone birthday. We plan to start in Shanghai for a few days (probably around 4) before moving on to Tokyo and then Kyoto. We will be hitting both Disney parks in Tokyo also.

What is there to see around Shanghai itself and within the confines of the 144 hrs visa?
https://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/free-transit-144hour.htm

Any tips welcome as we start planning. Thanks!

Are you visiting Beijing also? There is a lot to see in Beijing (Great Wall, forbidden city, summer palace, etc.) and some beautiful rural areas of China as well. All of those are outside of the 144 hour visa. May be worth exploring your options with a full visa.

Yes, I would say 3 days should be enough

I didn't find much of note in Shanghai itself. I don't feel like I missed out by only having an afternoon there.

I think 3 days is plenty! We spent 2 days there and we were able to do most things. I would have liked 3 to spend more time looking at all the details.

3 days in the Parks is definitely enough! We were able to knock off everything including watching the castle show & parade daily. I highly recommend splitting the park up, Day 1: do all of Tomorrowland and start into Fantasyland/Main st, Day 2: start on the opposite side and work inwards, Day 3 do things you've missed/more running around. Park is HUGE and if you try to backtrack across it every day you'll lose out on a lot of time!!

As for the city, we did it basically all in 1 day, then used 1 day to go to a river town outside of the city. In our 1 day we were able to see the Yuyuan gardens, the Bund, Pudong, Disney Store, and return to the Bund at night. Our second night after the river town we did the Tiazifang (spelling is probably not right) shopping/dining alleyways.

You could definitely do it all in the 144hr visa, and it will save you a good chunk of money! My visa was $200 CAD but we had like, 24hrs over in Shanghai and also did Beijing to see the Great Wall & such!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter