3/20 Show Topic - Service at WDW

The reason people pay for the college credit especially when I was there in the 90s is it kept you on your parents health insurance. The hardest part of the program for me was trying to figure out how the taking a semester off was treated with my university. (UNH) In the end I had to withdraw from my university and I took 10 credits through Central Michigan University. CMU sent something in our acceptance mail that advertised their program. Basically you paid for the number of credits you wanted. The requirements was attend all the Disney Seminars (this was also required by Disney), do an interview with someone in a different department from where you were working. I also took a few self learning classes at DU. Once we left the program we were required to write a paper about each aspect of the program (living, working, seminars). Paper length depended on number of credits. After program I reapplied to my college and transferred in credits as electives at my college. This way I was allowed to stay on parents health insurance because I was enrolled in course work.

As for CP dates I believe the spring advantage starts in January and ends in August.(If you want I could get actual program dates since they still send me email from it. ) I have heard the program just keeps getting bigger every year. I think Pete or someone on the team gave the 60 percent number. Also CPers couldn't join the union when I was there so there really wasn't many benefits for CP. Another thing to keep in mind is that besides the college program there are also cultural ambassadors, and advanced internships. Perhaps that adds to the number of temp help.
With ACA the insurance issue becomes a non factor since coverage is based on the dependents age and not if they are in school or working.

The program has changed vastly from the 90s from what I've read online and listened to in podcasts.

The programs dates run Spring (Jan - May), Spring Advantage (Jan - Aug), Fall (Aug - Jan), and Fall Advantage (May - Jan). The 5th program is the CP alumni program that runs during the summer months (May - Aug).

O.k. I've now read through all the comments. I listened to the discussion on Saturday while walking the track. I have not been back to the parks since 2000. I know I will get back there but I do worry since I have heard or read many concerns about the decline in the parks and resorts. I sometimes wonder if even reading the boards mean that people will be more aware of what to look for service wise. I also wonder when I go back if I will expect the cast members to have the same standards I did when working there. When I go back I will definitely write about my experience. The other day on my fb I saw an ad for Disney World. I started reading the comments section expecting to see some complaints about the new parking charges or just complaints in general. I didn't find any on that particular ad. Many people were saying they had good experiences. One of my friends, who was a cast member with me moved back to FL and this year bought an AP. I think I will ask her if she sees any decline. I know the prices are crazy high compared to 42 dollars for a one day ticket to the Magic Kingdom.

As for restructuring in my experience when Disney uses that term it means cuts to programming. During my advanced internship after my program was over Disney was going to restructure the Disney Institute Programs. They cut all the camp programs and many of the classes offered at the institute. The Yes program office was moved to Celebration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter