2pm wedding?

floody

possibly the only groom sorting the wedding.....
do's anyone know if we have a wedding at the 2pm slot, if its counted as before 2pm or after 2pm as it changes the price on the wish book when you select before 2pm and after 2pm!!! :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

Hi Floody,

There is no actual ceremony time for 2pm. The ceremony times offered are:

10am, 12noon, 2:30pm & 5pm

therefore if you have 12noon wedding, prices are cheaper. the 2:30pm ceremony would increase the reception costs.

Congratulations from another Essex bride! Im looking at May 2010 (btw i have friends that live in Black Notley! I am in Harlow!)

Hi, my bride to be is shocked that you are from harlow!!! she comes from there and works there too, and so do i thinking about it lol!!
In reply to your answer, i've just looked at the wish book and if you have a wedding mon-thurs times are 12, 2 ,4, and 6pm. fri to sunday are10, 12, 2.30, 5 and 7.30pm. so question still stands?? hmmmmm:) :)

wow what a small world! i work in Harlow too lol

to be honest the wish book is only a guide and is not up-to-date information or prices, although they do give you a good guide.

i thought it said on the website about the ceremony times but i can only find them for escape weddings, not wishes weddings so maybe (or hopefully) they are updating this lol

i would think though that if the wedding was to start at 2pm your reception would obviously start after 2pm and therefore you would have to pay the higher prices... i think the rule of thumb is that if you had a noon wedding and started your reception at like 1:30pm or even 1:55pm that the cheaper prices would apply but as the reception is after 2pm it would be the higher prices.

The ceremony price does not change, no matter what time of day you choose your ceremony to be so the change in prices purely relates to the reception start time.

Hope that helps!

when i set up our wishbook i managed to do a escape wishbook and a seperate wishes one, you see we were going to have a escape then after speaking to someone in disney they suggested to go for wishes as by the time we added on all the extras we would reach the $10k min!!
I'm going to call tom night and see what room they have in may 2009 and hopefully get something booked.
i see your point about start time as we want the it at 2 ish then onto the floridian for reception,fireworks etc.
Where about do you work in harlow as i know most companys as i'm a truck driver!!

yes i have an escape and wishes wishbook too as we were originally going to do an escape wedding, but like you said by the time all the costs have been added up we would meet the minimums anyway.

the only thing that initially put me off the wishes was the room night minimums. i originally thought every guest would have to stay on disney and i didnt want our families to have to find the extra money to do this but upon reading it a few months later i realised the room block is number of nights, which was better for us as me and my fiance are DVC members and so would be spending 20 nights on disney property through our timeshare... my fiance's sister is also a DVC member and would have been staying for 14 nights on disney too so we easily met the room block and everyone else can continue to stay off disney.

disney are definitely the best people to speak to, good luck with that! I have to wait til november til i can book.

i work at the council so yeah anyone in Harlow would know that building lol where does your bride to be work?

Yeah i know what you mean, i was worried to but we plan to get most peope (20) in a disney hotel for the first week then to keep the cost down for the second week we are renting a villa that holds 10 and its about £50 pp!!
Whats the basic deal with the dvc? i'm kinda interested in it cos we love disney and florida so much!!
Bride to be works at a place called Gem up on the greenway bus park near the greyhound stadium. I know the council, the one up on mead park ind est? i deliver there from time to time!!

there is a section based at mead park but the main council is in the town centre itself.

the cost of dvc itself depends on how many points you purchase but the minimum points to purchase when we joined in 2006 was 160, which is enough to do a 2 week hols in a studio but you can purchase more points at any time if you want to.

dvc is better than a timeshare in the sense that as long as you have enough points, you can go on hols at any time of the year as opposed to other timeshare's where you purchase specific weeks and then can only holiday within that timescale.

different times of year are grouped together in terms of their point values and obviously staying at grand floridian would cost you more points per night than staying at key west but again the flexibility is there for you to do what you want to.

also the resorts included in dvc are worldwide so, as much as we'd love to go to florida every year, we cannot afford to so for the points we had to use last year, we spent a week in the lake district which was beautiful.

you can bank your points too but have to use them within 2 years but you can also borrow from a future year if you need to so it think it's great.

next time you're in florida i would definitely recommend spending a couple of hours looking round one of the resorts... we bought into saratoga springs in downtown disney and they picked us up from our hotel, gave us the grand tour, answered every question that we had about purchasing, gave us time so that when we got back home we could arrange our finances in order to purchase and after our visit they drove us to the front gates of magic kingdom so we could re-join our family... brilliant service and absolutely no pressure to buy (but to be honest once you've had a look around the accom it pretty much sells itself lol)

we will be staying at saratoga springs for the 1st time in september... i cant wait!

good luck with your wedding plans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter