2nd Phone Call...More Info, More Confusing

Petals & Pixie Dust

DIS Veteran
So, I found myself having all sorts of questions today...See what happens when I don't have school work to keep my mind occupied??? :rotfl:
So, I decide I'm going to call DFTWs..The first call to them was kind of a dud. I have no clue who I got on the phone-but she was less then excited. Ok fine, I'm a ways out, no big deal really. When I show them $$$ they will show enthusiasm. Right?

Well, I started thinking, having questions, and decided heck-the same girl can't possibly answer twice right? So, I call DFTW and get a great woman (I can't remember he name and forgot to write it down) and now that I think about it there are some things that don't add up.

For example, I was VERY SPECIFIC that I was having an ESCAPE wedding. No questions-our guest list is 6-8 people long...8 if the grandparents make it to the wedding. That's not changing. I made that clear. Next, I asked about what isn't included. What are the little things I'm going to have to consider while planning this. Not a big fan of financial surprises. She explains that I'll need an officiant ($100), License ($100) and a 4 night stay (no problem) The costs in the () are what this person told me they were. Seems reasonable.
Next, I asked about the Rolls Royce. For some reason, I've wanted this since I was a kid. I wanted to know if we got the limo for our guests or if we were substituting and not getting the limo. She told me you can substitute the RR and get credit for not using the limo. OK. Again, sounds reasonable.

She kept saying that "You can always substitute but not take away"

OK. So, this leads me to my next question. Photography. I don't want Disney Photo. Sorry. Not willing to take the chance. I wasn't going to tell her that though. So, she says, "You can substitute but not take away. So, you would still get the photography-you'd have 2 there. Disney can do the getting ready part, the ceremony, after, but it has to be the same day." Um ok...this is news to me and I've been reading these boards for awhile. Anyone have any insight to that? I wouldn't mind a honeymoon shoot or something, but I'm not willing to risk my photography that day-Sorry.

The next thing she states is that I can call 18 months out and get my name in the computer. Everything will be confirmed 12 months out. This is news to me. I thought I had to call 12 and confirm 8. :confused3 I wasn't going to second guess it...Now I really wish I had gotten her name...Oh well...

Anyone have a different experience? Something to compare the info to? Lurkeyloo???? The things she said just don't make sense with what is on the board...or maybe it's the little things that get forgotten... :confused3

TIA

OK, first off, the people who answer that first call are I am sure great at their jobs, but they do not always have the correct information. I have seen more people post here agonizing over things they were told by the Sales Lead Associates that were completely inaccurate. Most of the basic info they give you is correct, but definitely take it with a grain of salt. (That said, there is a lot of misinformation on this board too, so don't go in all guns ablazin' with "I read on the DIS boards that..." ;) )

For an Escape wedding, it is your Wedding Coordinators (first a sales coordinator, then a service coordinator) who will have the correct answers. For example, unless something has changed very recently, you cannot swap the limo for anything except maybe a limo ride during a different part of your stay. The Rolls Royce will cost extra. Now, if this is a recent change, then hooray! But I'd definitely confirm that with your Wedding Coordinator when you get one.

Regarding photography, "you can substitute but not take away" means you can either skip the Disney photog and have an abbreviated honeymoon shoot in exchange or you can skip the Disney photog and get nothing - you won't get a credit on the price of the Escape package for not using Disney photography.

You are not going to be forced to have a Disney photographer at your Escape wedding - in fact, Disney has historically discouraged people who wanted to use the included photographer and their own outside photographer simultaneously.

Regarding booking - you can book the outside venues at 12 months. Only the Wedding Pavilion forces you to wait 8 months to book.

I know it can be very hard to wait to make plans, but only your Wedding Coordinator will be able to give you the most accurate information. :thumbsup2

OK, first off, the people who answer that first call are I am sure great at their jobs, but they do not always have the correct information. I have seen more people post here agonizing over things they were told by the Sales Lead Associates that were completely inaccurate. Most of the basic info they give you is correct, but definitely take it with a grain of salt. (That said, there is a lot of misinformation on this board too, so don't go in all guns ablazin' with "I read on the DIS boards that..." ;) )

For an Escape wedding, it is your Wedding Coordinators (first a sales coordinator, then a service coordinator) who will have the correct answers. For example, unless something has changed very recently, you cannot swap the limo for anything except maybe a limo ride during a different part of your stay. The Rolls Royce will cost extra. Now, if this is a recent change, then hooray! But I'd definitely confirm that with your Wedding Coordinator when you get one.

Regarding photography, "you can substitute but not take away" means you can either skip the Disney photog and have an abbreviated honeymoon shoot in exchange or you can skip the Disney photog and get nothing - you won't get a credit on the price of the Escape package for not using Disney photography.

You are not going to be forced to have a Disney photographer at your Escape wedding - in fact, Disney has historically discouraged people who wanted to use the included photographer and their own outside photographer simultaneously.

Regarding booking - you can book the outside venues at 12 months. Only the Wedding Pavilion forces you to wait 8 months to book.

I know it can be very hard to wait to make plans, but only your Wedding Coordinator will be able to give you the most accurate information. :thumbsup2

Thank you.
She either heard 1/2 of what I said or wasn't totally paying attention to what she was saying. I specifically said we wanted the WP-BUT we don't care about what date or time. (DF won't budge on that-which is fine)
I also was very specific about being an Escape.
I have the "plans" picked out. I'm just not sure what to do about the timing...I think that's the hardest part. Yeah there are little things-I'm allowing myself to stress over flowers...b/c I can...and the dress...but really there isn't much more that isn't already picked out or damn near close to it. My mom keeps asking-"Are you sure you don't want to do this sooner?" :rotfl: I quit my job in May to be able to finish school. I graduate in May 2009. If DF had waited until Graduation to give me my ring-It would give us a year and a half to plan. When I tell her that she says it makes sense. I think she is more excited than I am! :lmao: I also tell her that we need to save $$$ (I'd :love: to stay at GF) She understands that too.

Again, thanks for the insight. I think about how fast the last 2 years have gone (when I went back to finish school) and graduation is around the corner! :scared1: Then out to get another adult job and get married....It's a little surreal really.
:3dglasses

How great to have your mom onboard and your plans humming along! You're right - the time really will fly by. :goodvibes

How great to have your mom onboard and your plans humming along! You're right - the time really will fly by. :goodvibes

Sometimes great...sometimes a challenge. :rotfl: If she could have it her way I'd have a wedding I would hate here b/c she could invite all of the people that have ever invited her to a shower, wedding, etc...:lmao: I finally got her to say, "I don't care where you're getting married-just that you get married!" :rotfl: Don't get me wrong-I'm lucky to have her...but I want something small and she wants the pomp and circumstance :eek: She's finally seeing that there is a much better reaction when you tell people "My daughter is getting married at Disney." So, she still has her bragging rights. ;) :goodvibes ;)

Incidentally, a couple of girls lately seem to have had problems subbing the honeymoon shoot, it seems they might not want to offer this as an option any more. In which case if you don't use them on the day, you would lose out. However, I was told near the start of my planning that the Disney photographer and outside photographer can't both be used at the same time, so I guess you'd have to use them for different parts of the day, couldn't have them both together.
I wanted to use the Disney photographer for our dessert party instead, but they wouldn't allow this, they are just for the ceremony footage. Lots of little rules........

Incidentally, a couple of girls lately seem to have had problems subbing the honeymoon shoot, it seems they might not want to offer this as an option any more. In which case if you don't use them on the day, you would lose out. However, I was told near the start of my planning that the Disney photographer and outside photographer can't both be used at the same time, so I guess you'd have to use them for different parts of the day, couldn't have them both together.
I wanted to use the Disney photographer for our dessert party instead, but they wouldn't allow this, they are just for the ceremony footage. Lots of little rules........

This may sound really snobby :snooty: ...but I'd rather KNOW what I am getting in terms of photography rather than allow it to be a shot in the dark. This day only happens once and I'm not willing to risk it.
Don't get me wrong, some of the pics that people have posted have been ok, but there have only been a few that I have really been impressed with. They can take their photography-charge me for it-whatever, but I will get someone from the outside. I have no problem telling them that either.
Flame away if needed :cool2:

However, if they are so certain to allow you to "substitute but not take away" What if you did the honeymoon shoot the same day?

Sometimes great...sometimes a challenge. :rotfl: If she could have it her way I'd have a wedding I would hate here b/c she could invite all of the people that have ever invited her to a shower, wedding, etc...:lmao: I finally got her to say, "I don't care where you're getting married-just that you get married!" :rotfl: Don't get me wrong-I'm lucky to have her...but I want something small and she wants the pomp and circumstance :eek: She's finally seeing that there is a much better reaction when you tell people "My daughter is getting married at Disney." So, she still has her bragging rights. ;) :goodvibes ;)

My mom was the same way. My sister eloped so she had all her wedding dreams tied up in me. In the end she loved our disney wedding and even asked for the Disney photobook (we used DPS for our pics) for her christmas present so she can show it off to more people.

BTW - even though we did use Disney for our photography, I completely understand why other brides wouldn't. We were really happy with our pics, but there are plenty of brides that aren't. It wasn't a big thing to me for whatever reason (I have no eye for different styles of photography, etc) but if it is for you no one on here will flame you for wanting outside photography.

She's finally seeing that there is a much better reaction when you tell people "My daughter is getting married at Disney." So, she still has her bragging rights. ;) :goodvibes ;)

My mom is finally realizing this too!!! I think she tries to mention it to people more and more now just for that reason!:rotfl: ...it's actually kind of cute!! (my mom is 83, so she's just pretty darn cute anyway!)

It is VERY confusing in the beginning, but Carrie (Lurkylo) is right. You will need to ask your coordinator everything and definitely....TAKE NOTES everytime you talk to them or print out every e-mail, it will help you if you forget something (take it from me!)

My mom was the same way. My sister eloped so she had all her wedding dreams tied up in me. In the end she loved our disney wedding and even asked for the Disney photobook (we used DPS for our pics) for her christmas present so she can show it off to more people.

BTW - even though we did use Disney for our photography, I completely understand why other brides wouldn't. We were really happy with our pics, but there are plenty of brides that aren't. It wasn't a big thing to me for whatever reason (I have no eye for different styles of photography, etc) but if it is for you no one on here will flame you for wanting outside photography.

Yeah- but you had PAUL! He did a great job and he isn't there anymore :sad2:
We are going to WDW/DCL in Feb. I am sure this will be the trip that finalizes her worries. I'm hoping to get her to the WP and to look around a bit. It will be tempting to go to the parks-we are only going to be in WDW for a day...but at least she will get to see things...

My mom is finally realizing this too!!! I think she tries to mention it to people more and more now just for that reason!:rotfl: ...it's actually kind of cute!! (my mom is 83, so she's just pretty darn cute anyway!)

It is VERY confusing in the beginning, but Carrie (Lurkylo) is right. You will need to ask your coordinator everything and definitely....TAKE NOTES everytime you talk to them or print out every e-mail, it will help you if you forget something (take it from me!)

We were at a dinner recently and there was another bride there. She asked what our favors were and I replied "Mouse Ears." My mother pipes up and says "They are getting married at Disney." :rotfl2: She follows this up with "Aren't those a dust collector?" My reply was that DF's mom always wanted a pair and that its a great photo op with everyone wearing them. She said, "Well then mouse ears it is." End of discussion :rotfl: I think the other bride thought we were nuts. :lmao:

I've been taking notes...and will try to call 18 months out...Hey-she told me to right? Then, when they say I have to wait 12 month out and 8 to confirm it won't be that big of deal-I'll expect it. But yes, I'll take notes, print emails...I've already got the book started...Well, right now it's a folder...Need to get a binder...As long as I still get to plan (a bit OCD about this) I'm good. It's an addiction. I can't help it. If there is a 12 step program they need to shut it down. Some people smoke, some drink, I plan. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter