2BR for Cash

WDW LOVR

WDW Makes us smile. Why do we never have enou
We're in the process of putting together a 9 night trip in June splitting the stay between OWK and BWV. Obviously part of this time period is over a weekend and the thought of a gozillion points for a 2 BR on Fri and Sat night is not appealing.

So we're going to pay cash for Fri and Sat. We have Sunday thru Thurs for points at BW and wanted to reserve Fri and Sat for cash there. When I called the CM told me that a 2 BR at BW was not available for cash in June when I need it. She also said that it may free up in the future so I got the cash nights at OKW instead (which is ok because we're staying at OKW for 3 nights on points).

My question is, what is everyone's experience with when a 2 BR may be freed up for cash at BWV? I don't want to bother MS once a week seeing if the days are now available, but I also would like to move the cash days there if we could (all 5 of us going enjoy Epcot and MGM the most, that's why we'd like to stay there if we could). Do the rooms open up for cash 3 months ahead? 6 months? 1 month? Anyone know?

There really is no way to predict.

The cash rooms that are booked via MS (whether for rack or with the 25% member discount) come from member inventory. MS will not release any rooms for cash rental until/unless it is determined that the rooms will not be needed for points reservations. No one here knows how they determine that - we suspect that they have some type of "formula" based on historical data and current trends.

You'll have to call back periodically.

Another option is to book the rooms via CRO (if there is availability). You can cross reference the CRO reservation with the MS reservation. You may have to check out and then back in again between the two reservations, but it is quite unlikely that you will have to move/change rooms.

You could cancel the CRO reservation if MS is able to book a room for you on cash. Of course the advantage it booking through MS (aside from the 25% discount, when available) is that your reservataion will appear as one continuous reservation - no checking out & back in again and no changing of rooms is required.

Best wishes -

Thanks Carol. I figured that was the case, but I thought I'd ask.

Maybe try in a month or so. I just booked a weekend night at BCV for May, and got the discount. Only thing is, they told me i can not get a lock off 2 bedroom on cash discount, it has to be a dedicated 2 bedroom. She also told me i may have to change rooms, i hope that isnt true!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter