28 January 2018 -> Disney Wonder to the Southern Caribbean!

That's not bad and the PC cruise are great, we were looking hard at it but with WBTA this year thinking we would have to wait another year. Looking forward to doing the new locks although the old locks were a good time.

We have been on every DCL WBPC since they started doing them in 2005 and don’t plan on missing one anytime soon. It is by far as of. Ow our favorite itinerary. We are sad we are not taking this cruise as we were looking forward to the maiden call in Bonaire and completing the ABC islands. Oh yes in the long run what I am losing to DCL so my anxiety levels don’t go through the roof is fine by me. Now I have to deal with my plane tickets.

Bonaire was a big reason we booked this cruise as well, its hard to get there unless you happen to be staying in Aruba. We do have a back up hotel reservation at a hotel current RCCL passengers have been using so know we have a room somewhere. Also bringing emergency space blankets in carry-on so if we end up in the airport overnight we can be comfortable.

Yes that’s why we booked as well but your comments are part of the reason we are not going. I should not have to bring emergency blankets and stuff because I might have to sleep in a airport. To me that’s not the way to go on vacation. Yes different strokes for different folks.

Finally found a board for this cruise!

Me, my wife, and our two sons (4 and 1) will be doing the B2B Southern and Eastern Caribbean itineraries, finishing the trip with 3 nights in WDW. I booked way back before last Thanksgiving to make sure we got the room we wanted, on the deck we wanted, on the side of the ship nearest Cabanas, for both cruises. I've been counting down for over 300 days!

This will be my wife and my 2nd Disney cruise, after a maiden Fantasy voyage in 2012, but we've cruised many other lines. First Disney cruise for both our boys.

I'm hoping to book my Shore Adventures this weekend. With the young children we can't be very adventurous, so city tours, island drives, and maybe beach visits are pretty much all we can do. Any suggestions?

When our boys were young, they were MOST uninterested in any type of excursion. We quickly learned to leave them in their kids programs on the ship. They were happy, entertained, fed and napped as needed, and we had an amazing time on an excursion without any hassles. Of course, our boys were 4, 5, and 8 when we learned this. You have the challenge of an even younger one, but there had been babysitting services available then ... hopefully that's still there! Maybe something like that could work for you?

It’s almost time!! Is anyone else getting excited? My countdown clock says 53 days before we leave!:flower1::yay:

Thinking of booking this cruise this week. Has there been reports of how each of these ports are after the hurricanes? I am not on FB so I can't check there. Thx Also what hotels are everyone staying at for a pre night. I see all the Hiltons are booked for the night of the 27th

MJ

Thinking of booking this cruise this week. Has there been reports of how each of these ports are after the hurricanes? I am not on FB so I can't check there. Thx Also what hotels are everyone staying at for a pre night. I see all the Hiltons are booked for the night of the 27th

MJ
We are staying at the Acacia boutique hotel. I have a friend that did the ABC Islands last month and she did not report anything was wrong about the Islands. She mentioned how beautiful Bonaire was and how it was her favorite while Aruba was her least favorite because it was extremely overpriced. Nothing about the state of the Islands though, physically.

Thank you so much....that is reassuring. Just waiting on our friend to decide if they are going and then we can book!!!

MJ

MJ

We will be dropping our back up reservation first week of January when we have another verification after the 1st. We had received a cancellation e-mail which was followed a day later stating that was an error, our reservation was still good and they were on schedule to take new guests December 20th. While we have heard from some people who checked in on the 22nd, we want to make the phone call after they have been taking other than FEMA guests for a couple weeks to ensure all is well. If you end up booking the cruise PM me and we can give you reservation info if you are in need of a room on the 27th.

MJ

We will be dropping our back up reservation first week of January when we have another verification after the 1st. We had received a cancellation e-mail which was followed a day later stating that was an error, our reservation was still good and they were on schedule to take new guests December 20th. While we have heard from some people who checked in on the 22nd, we want to make the phone call after they have been taking other than FEMA guests for a couple weeks to ensure all is well. If you end up booking the cruise PM me and we can give you reservation info if you are in need of a room on the 27th.

Thank you.....we booked!!!! It will be my husband and I plus our friends who have cruised before but never with Disney. Two of my other friends will also be onboard. We booked a 7A GTY so no cabin number yet. Getting very excited. We were able to use points for the AC Marriot Condado on Ashford Ave. I will keep close tabs on reviews and info coming out of San Juan. Surprisingly to me airfare was very reasonable on JetBlue out of EWR. I feel like we got great times and non stop flights.

Out of all our 39 DCL cruises we have never been to these Southern ports so very much looking forward to them. Well, once I did visit Aruba on a cruise but it was horrible.....for an island that never gets rain we had 4 inches of rain in about 2 hours. The streets near the port were flooded knee deep which drove all the bugs from underground to crawl up the walls of every building...it was a nightmare! That was 20 years ago so hoping for a better Aruba experience LOL!

I signed up on the other site the other day under my husband's name since I don't have FB to at least keep up to date with any reports.

Off to finish online check in!!

MJ

Welcome Aboard !

While the Magic is your favorite the Wonder is ours and we watch for any chance to sail her. We are staying aboard, along with what seems to be a thousand of our closest new friends, for the reposition back to Port Canaveral. I suspect we have cruised together before, this will be our 18th and 19th on DCL with all but 2 being on the Wonder or Magic. On our WBTA this coming September we were going to fly home our of EWR for a much lower fare until we found a round trip from MSP to JFK and back from LGA dirt cheap and we snagged first class JFK to GAT for only 500 each, totaling less than 1/2 of what Delta had for us going MSP to Heathrow and home out of EWR.

We too are looking forward to these southern islands, we have not done any of the ABC's and are very excited about Bonaire especially.

IMG_20171230_102136.jpg Sun is shining and welcoming the warm-up, happy we live in southern Minnesota instead of up norrth. We have warmed up to 11 below (-24 C) and only a light breaze so wind chill and humidity only feels like 30 below (-35 C), it was 18 below earlier this morning when we went for breakfast. COME ON FEBRUARY 27th ! ! !

Welcome Aboard !

While the Magic is your favorite the Wonder is ours and we watch for any chance to sail her. We are staying aboard, along with what seems to be a thousand of our closest new friends, for the reposition back to Port Canaveral. I suspect we have cruised together before, this will be our 18th and 19th on DCL with all but 2 being on the Wonder or Magic. On our WBTA this coming September we were going to fly home our of EWR for a much lower fare until we found a round trip from MSP to JFK and back from LGA dirt cheap and we snagged first class JFK to GAT for only 500 each, totaling less than 1/2 of what Delta had for us going MSP to Heathrow and home out of EWR.

We too are looking forward to these southern islands, we have not done any of the ABC's and are very excited about Bonaire especially.

Always feels good to get a good fare when flying!!! My friends are doing the cruise on the 21st and staying onboard for the 27th.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!