!

StrwLady

DIS Veteran
...hmmm I don't know what happened to my subject line. I guess I hit something and deleted it. Sorry about that...

On Wednesday I leave for Disney for 12 nights. I don't know if I am more excited about Disney or the roll in shower at the Pop! LOL

I am now 6 1/2 weeks post Achilles tendon reconstruction surgery and have not had a "Real bath/shower in all that time" I normally was sitting in a chair bathing out of a bucket or sitting on the side of the tub facing outward. Last week I got my cast off and am in a walking boot but I still needed to sit on the side of the tub although this time facing inward.

At Disney I will have a roll in shower (already set up with special reservations) and I can not wait until I can take a REAL shower. Sure I won't be able to stand but knowing I can take a shower without worrying about water flooding the bathroom will be such a relief :)

My trip was originally planned June 3rd but had to be pushed back because of the surgery. Recovery has been tough and I am so looking forward to getting away. :)

As an ankle surgery "survivior", I highly recommend a shower chair. I had my ankle reconstructed. The idea of not taking a real shower drove me crazy. With the shower chair, I could take a real shower as soon as the cast came off. The chair can be folded up & taken anywhere which I did. I couldn't stand long enough for a regular shower for a while. It really helped

As an ankle surgery "survivior", I highly recommend a shower chair. I had my ankle reconstructed. The idea of not taking a real shower drove me crazy. With the shower chair, I could take a real shower as soon as the cast came off. The chair can be folded up & taken anywhere which I did. I couldn't stand long enough for a regular shower for a while. It really helped

We are considering buying one once back from Disney. I will see my Dr 2 days after we get back from the trip and then will know if any restrictions are lifted. I didn't want to rush into buying once seeing this surgery had nickled and dimed us to death. (Dr orders bedside commode and insurance wouldn't pay for it, we needed to buy wheel chair ramp to get into the house and other convenience items for the time I was in the cast). I think it is likely we will buy one seeing I have at least 3 months in the walking boot.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

My insurance paid for my shower chair. I don't know how much that they cost. I'm lucky because I'm a Health Care Provider so I have gotten things for discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter