25th Anniversary

Dixielady908

Grandma's Little Princess
:confused: In May of 04, will be celebrating our 25 Anniversary. The last few times we were at Disney we stayed at POR. We have been trying to decide where we would like to stay this trip. I love POR the grounds are great, but were thinking about Animal Kingdom, or Fort Wilderness lodge. Now with the rehab, this really adds to my confusion, any suggestions out there?

Hi Dixielady908, welcome to the DIS. I'm so glad you found us and decided to join us.

Well, POR is a "moderate" resort and AKL (Animal Kingdom Lodge) and WL(Wilderness Lodge) are both deluxe resorts. So there is quite a price differential there.

I've never stayed at WL before. I have experienced AKL in a Savannah view room and it was just magical, truly. It was a very long walk from the elevators but it was very special. I loved sitting on my balcony and watching the giraffes and zebras snacking :)

I have read lots of reviews of the Wilderness Lodge and most people just love it there, I just haven't stayed there yet. I really should do something about that shouldn't I? ;)

Congratulations on celebrating your 25th wedding anniversary. 25 years of marriage is quite an accomplishment in this day and age. My husband and I went to Las Vegas for our 25th. That was in 1996, the DIS didn't exist yet, or I would have begged for a trip to WDW :)

Good luck choosing a celebratory resort :)

Katholyn

congrads, we are going this year in may for our 25th 25-31/may
We tried and had reservations for Riverside but got bumped up to Animal kingdom. WE really wanted to have the quiet of Port Orleans. Here is hoping animals are quiet at night !!!!!!!!

Congrats on your 25th...When you get back you have to let me know how AK is.
Have a great trip and anniversary.

what are you going for - the convience of the boat to DD - then try OKW - it is quiet, laid back and very nice. the only problem is that the studio has only 2 queen beds - to get a kingbed you need a 1-bedroom (more money)

for romance - then WL - now there are cabins at FW - so make sure you know which you are asking for.

WL has king beds in their regular rooms. WL has something that POR does not (neither does OKW) - room service!!!

You can watch the fireworks over the MK (if they are showing) from the beach here (for a better view go to the Polyn), you can also see the Electric Water Parade from the beach - you can only see these things from a MK resort - well a good view anyway.

I think WL is very romantic - but everyone has different taste.

Congratulations to all you 25 year couples. You are quite the inspiration! We're heading down June 5 to celebrate both our May 8 Anniversary, number 10, and the birth of our first child, expected in late September. I look forward to celebrating our 25th Anniversary and our first child's 15th Birthday in 2018!

Pat

Well Congratulations to you also, 10 years is a great accomplishment and also congrads on the up coming birth of your first child. Look at all the future fun at Disney bring your kids to enjoy.
Have a great trip, and anniversary.

Denise

Welcome and congratulations on your upcoming anniversary. Each resort has its own charm. I think the Epcot resort area is wonderful if you are considering deluxe resorts. A stroll around Crescent Lake after watching Illuminations is a nice relaxing way to end an evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter