25 Years Ago The King Had Left The Room

betz

VIS Deteran
elvis.jpg

I don't understand, I thought Elvis died in August :confused: I'm easily confused :)

He did die in August, but it's in the news sooner because this will be the 25th anniversary.

You are right August 16th
I guess I'm A little Blue tonight ~ A Little Blue Hawaiian
I'm listening to some old albums and recollecting.
I actually had tickets to see him perform a week after he died,
they are in a scrapbook somewhere.

Hey Betz.. I am an Elvis fan too... I was 9 months pregnant when he died.. I cried myself silly.... My daughter was born and 25 years later she is one of the biggest Elvis fans I know.. she never saw him alive, but can tell you anything about him, the Memphis mafia, Priscilla, Lisa Marie.. she knows more than I do.. We joke and say I passed it to her before she was born..

Isn't it nice that the King has a No. l hit on his hands 25 years after his death... made my day..

Introducing children to Elvis was one of my favorite parts about Lilo & Stitch. :)
Betz, I think listening to music is one thing that can take you back to a specific time or event in your life as quick as anything else!
Enjoy your collection!!

I have a picture where DH looks like Elvis. :teeth: When DS was younger and we went in an ice cream shop with a 60sish theme, he pointed to a picture on the wall and said...Is that daddy? :teeth:

I was at a Cubs game when it was announced. :( I didn't hear the announcement but my friend's did. I didn't actually hear anything until we boarded the EL to go home and, I about lost it! I had finally seen him live at his last Chicago concert before he died! My Dad, bro & I. My Mom regrets not going to this day! She wanted to see him in Vegas, in a more mature setting. That never happened.

Buck, I agree, the best part of Lilo & Stitch was Elvis' music! It brought such a smile to my face everytime one of his songs was played! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter