24 hours of freedom

tinaw

<font color=CC33CC>If you hear a funny little "cho
My parents will be joining us for the first 5 days of our trip. On the fourth day they have offered to take our DD for a 24 hr. period. They will take her AK and she will stay in their room with them that night and the night before!:smooth:

So, with 24 hrs free time what would you do?

There is one MAJOR stipulation. DH is a HUGE lions football fan (don't ask me why!) and has made me promise to go to ESPN for lunch and to watch the game. I know it takes a huge chunk out of the day, but it is important to him ( it's the only thing he has asked for for himself during the whole trip, the rest of the time he just goes with the flow) plus if I get bored I'll just go wonder around the boardwalk for a while.

Here is my tentative schedule:
Sleep In!
We are not breakfast people so skip that!
Go to Espn for lunch and game
Return to hotel for a swim and to change
Dinner not sure where- don't want to eat at PI but maybe somewhere closer to it
PI for a little fun

Anybody got any better ideas?
Or any suggestions for dinner? DH would not got V&A if I promised to watch 5,000 football games. Definately not his style

The restaurant at the top of the Contemporary, California Grill is very romantic (especially if you get a window table during the fireworks if you're into that). Portabello Yacht Club in DTD is romantic as is Fulton's Crab House in DTD. We like (my husband and I are going on our fifth trip alone in 10 days, don't cry for the kids they've been there at least twice a year for the past 8 yrs), Le cellier in Canada in Epcot as well as San Angel Inn in Mexico, Epcot. Have fun, enjoy your 24 hrs. and remember a hot dog and beer at Fantasmic can be romantic also!

If you guys like steak, The Yachtsmen Steakhouse at the Yacht Club is fantastic.We also enjoy the Adventurers Club and the Comedy Club at PI. If you do end up over near the MK around dinnertime, try to get toward the shore of Bay Lake around 9PM and watch he Electric Water Pageant. It can be very romantic to lay on the beach at the Poly;)

I find it hard to disagree with any suggestion to eat The Yachtsman. California Grill is also a great suggestion.

However, if you are going to PI you might want to just do Wolfgang Puck Express or House of Blues. House of Blues is a neat place & we have eaten there a couple of times. The food & service have been good both times. The wait might be a little long.

Have fun!

Who are the Lions playing that week? If you're there Oct. 12 they have a bye week. Being a fellow Lions die hard, I know how your husband feels. Last time I was at Disney I took my fiancee to the ESPN Club and watched the hated Buckeyes get a lucky call in OT against Miami. But that's a story for a different day... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter