24 hours from now I should be arriving at WDW for my first visit

tvguy

Question anything the facts don't support.
This will be an ENTIRELY different Disney trip than the dozens of Disneyland trips over the last 52 years, and a Disney cruise. Most of it due to technology.

> Magic bands. First Disney trip where I don't have at least $1,000 in cash in my pocket. A text to our smartphones when our room is ready. No key. An app to with all our Fast Passes and dinner reservations.

> No kids. Celebrating our 35th Wedding Anniversary (with everyone else's kids).

>Bags packed. WDW packing lists from here and the web cross checked.

> Boarding passes printed (ugh, at 530 this morning)

I am not looking forward to 7 hours in a plane, or the credit card bill at the end, but here's to a seamless trip.

And to everyone here, thanks for your informative posts.

Happy Anniversary! I think you will be pleased with WDW. Different than DisneyLand, but in some ways the same. Much larger than DL though. We traveled cross country to DL, and time difference didn't bother us going out, but a tiny bit trickier coming home. Have fun!

You will have a wonderful first experience. WDW is truly a magical place.

Happy Anniversary!!!! For me no visit will ever top my first visit to WDW!!! So much magic awaits you! I hope you pick up a 1st visit pin!

This will be an ENTIRELY different Disney trip than the dozens of Disneyland trips over the last 52 years, and a Disney cruise. Most of it due to technology.

> Magic bands. First Disney trip where I don't have at least $1,000 in cash in my pocket. A text to our smartphones when our room is ready. No key. An app to with all our Fast Passes and dinner reservations.

> No kids. Celebrating our 35th Wedding Anniversary (with everyone else's kids).

I am not looking forward to 7 hours in a plane, or the credit card bill at the end, but here's to a seamless trip.

Happy Anniversary. Enjoy your trip!

Happy Anniversary :love:

Have a magical time pixiedust:

We are back after 5 rainy nights. Great trip, other than the rain which really didn't slow us down.
Some random likes, dislikes and comments from a Disney nut on his first trip to WDW.
> Spent a lot of time in transit traveling from park to park. Used the monorail, the bus, and the boats and the Express Bus.
> Loved the Express transportation service. It was well worth the $29 a person cost for the week.
> Didn't like the fact that your can only have Fast Passes in one park per day.
> Knowing Disneyland like my house in the dark made it a bit confusing at the Magic Kingdom
> Food was awesome. Including at Le Celliar Steakhouse, Grand Floridian Cafe, Tony's Town Square Restaurant, Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe and Gasparilla Island Grill.
> Caught off guard my all the alcohol being consumed in all the parks (except the MK)
> Caught off guard by the shorter operating hours at WDW as compared to DL. 9 am to no later than 11 pm as compared to 8 am to Midnight out west. And at Epcot, the World Showcase doesn't open until 11 am.
> EPCOT was amazing.
> Magic Kingdom was Great
> Animal Kingdom was good
> Disney Hollywood studios was okay.
> Pandora Flight of Passage is the best ride I have ever been on.
> Got tired of being asked if I was on a Dining Plan.
> Was amused by the sighs of relief from wait staff when I said I was NOT on a Dining plan.
> Loved the old rides that are no longer at DL. Carousel of Progress (GE Carousel of Progress at DL). Bear Country Jamboree. Tower of Terror.
> Loved the differences between Pirates, Small World, Tower of Terror, Matterhorn-Mount McKinley between WDW and DL.
> Magic bands. Other than mine falling off, and that fact we could never get the fingerprint to work at EPCOT only, they are great.
> 7+ hour cross country plane ride each way not so fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter