2024 Disneyland "After Dark" events list and dates have been posted

Anyone know if/how Magic Bands work for After Dark events? We have Sweetheart night tickets AND two day park hoppers but the PH’s are intended to be used the two days after the event. I don’t want to accidentally be using the PH’s when entering for Sweetheart’s Night.

Thinking maybe it would just be worth not using Magic Bands at all for Sweetheart Night.

Anyone know if/how Magic Bands work for After Dark events? We have Sweetheart night tickets AND two day park hoppers but the PH’s are intended to be used the two days after the event. I don’t want to accidentally be using the PH’s when entering for Sweetheart’s Night.

Thinking maybe it would just be worth not using Magic Bands at all for Sweetheart Night.
If you don't have a park reservation for the day of the SN, scanning the PH that day won't do anything - it'll be rejected at the gate. You should be fine in that regard. (If you wanted to be ultra-ultra safe, you could just scan the SN ticket's barcode on entry and use the MB once you're inside, but scanning the PH should absolutely fail if you don't have a reservation.)

To use your Magic Band for SN, you just need to switch the MB to point to the SN ticket (in the app).

Last edited:
If you don't have a park reservation for the day of the SN, scanning the PH that day won't do anything - it'll be rejected at the gate. You should be fine in that regard. (If you wanted to be ultra-ultra safe, you could just scan the SN ticket's barcode on entry and use the MB once you're inside, but scanning the PH should absolutely fail if you don't have a reservation.)

To use your Magic Band for SN, you just need to switch the MB to point to the SN ticket (in the app).

Thanks! Good points I hadn’t thought of. It also hit me I can wait to attach the PH until after the event as well so there’s no chance of using the wrong ticket (but like you said, without a reservation, it won’t matter)

So my wife and I did Sweethearts Nite on February 1st and had a great time! We flew in around 2pm from AZ and apparently missed most of the torrential rains that had been happening all day. We checked in to our hotel, got all dressed up and headed over.

This was our first After Dark event ever so while we had read up on the experience it was still gonna be new for us. We had a great time even though the rain kept coming back to ruin things. We did our first Disneybound as Mickey and Minnie. My wife got several comments about her dress but not sure my Mickey was as obvious. However, when we got a pic with the first couple, Mickey kept gesturing up and down at me and then pointing at himself so I think he got it.

We tried a few of the treats and foods available and enjoyed ourselves. I think the main bummer were the mobile orders which filled up so very fast. We were still able to get everything we wanted though.

Stuck around a couple more days to try out the Lunar Festival. It was also great, especially since we left the kids at home. We were able to take our time, wait in food lines without complaint and generally do a lot of stuff our kids normally wouldn’t be interested in.

Overall, makes me wanna come back for Star Wars too!

IMG_0794-compressed.jpegIMG_0942-compressed.jpegIMG_0945-compressed.jpegIMG_0813-compressed.jpegIMG_2558-compressed.jpegIMG_0949-compressed.jpegIMG_2537-compressed.jpegIMG_2554-compressed.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0782-compressed.jpeg
    IMG_0782-compressed.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 1

Does anyone know if the Star Wars tickets for the public go on sell sometime on the morning of the 23rd, or will is be midnight the night before?

Does anyone know if the Star Wars tickets for the public go on sell sometime on the morning of the 23rd, or will is be midnight the night before?
From the Disney Blog:
On Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2024 (no earlier than 9 a.m. PT) Inspire Key holders may purchase from a select amount of pre-sale tickets on Disneyland.com. Then, on Wednesday, Feb. 21 and Thursday, Feb. 22, all Magic Key holders will have the opportunity to purchase from a select amount of pre-sale tickets. On Friday, Feb. 23 (no earlier than 9 a.m. PT), tickets will go on sale to the general public.

So unless you are an MK holder, expect Friday the 23rd at 9am. I would plan on joining the queue before then,,, maybe 8:30.

We got the date we wanted. I am so happy, because my college-age daughter who has been battling cancer told me last night that this was on her wish board. I didn't realize it was that important to her, and only one date worked with our schedules. She was the one with the luck to get through immediately too, which made it even more special.

Now we have a Disney Cruise out of San Diego, drive up to the Grand Californian, go to Star Wars Night that night, then two days at the park. Should be amazing.

May the force be with everyone who is still trying!

Last edited:
@MonocularVision. Her disbound was fantastic. I think white gloves and/or a Mickey Ear Hat would made your disbound stronger or easier to get. It’s still really awesome that the big mouse himself got it. I'm glad you both enjoyed the night.

I was traveling for work last week so I just logged on this afternoon and there were still a lot of dates available. I booked for the 9th. This will be my first after hours party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter