2022 Point Chart release date?

My next goal...which I finish this for my travel times....is to look to see if any seasons had lock off premium changes.

At RIV Lock Off Premiums will have went up as 1BRs went up more than Studios came down.

Was incorrect in first thought.

RIV as a whole for the year:
Standard Lock Off Premium has decreased in 2022
Preferred Lock Off Premium has increase in 2022

Last edited:
still catching up to this thread so sorry if I'm repeating someone else; thought I'd share the season effects ...
  • 13 days around spring break shifted one season more expensive (due to Easter timing?)
  • 66 days in the summer shifter one season less expensive
  • 58 days (54 + 4) shifted one season more expensive in Oct / Nov
  • 9 days shifted one season more expensive in mid-Dec
so 80 days are up one season and 66 are down one season; though 13 days up one season may be just because of Easter's timing

disclaimer: this is for RVA but I believe most Walt Disney World DVC properties are similar

View attachment 542724

Yes, your spring dates would be due to Easter.

still catching up to this thread so sorry if I'm repeating someone else; thought I'd share the season effects ...
  • 13 days around spring break shifted one season more expensive (due to Easter timing?)
  • 66 days in the summer shifter one season less expensive
  • 58 days (54 + 4) shifted one season more expensive in Oct / Nov
  • 9 days shifted one season more expensive in mid-Dec
so 80 days are up one season and 66 are down one season; though 13 days up one season may be just because of Easter's timing

disclaimer: this is for RVA but I believe most Walt Disney World DVC properties are similar

View attachment 542724

This is the piece that is important I think in the changes and your analysis is so much better than mine! Lol

The number of days per year to spend less. and since season dates are the same as at all resorts it does apply to all WDW...was reduced.

At RIV Lock Off Premiums will have went up as 1BRs went up more than Studios came down.

Was incorrect in first thought.

RIV as a whole for the year:
Standard Lock Off Premium has decreased in 2022
Preferred Lock Off Premium has increase in 2022

Thank you! You saved me work as I had only done a few and had seen that some were less!

I do know get your point regarding total but I think it’s confusing..at least it was to me to say studios when down and 1 bedrooms up when based on seasons that isn’t what happened.

Again for the year in total all studio rooms decreased in total points. Each category saw a decrease.

On the flip side both view categories for 1BR and 2BR saw increases in points.
Makes me wonder if Disney started with the studios being higher in point cost because Disney knew people(non owners) would want to try it when it first opened and there weren't a lot of Riv owners yet. So now that there are more Riv Owners they lowered the point cost for studios to where they plan to really keep them. Just a thought. I do think Riv's studios deserve to be more in the BLT Lake view point cost and not Poly/GF studio point cost.

spring break flexes around Easter but Easter seems to be based on a combination of the solar calendar, lunar calendar, orbit of Saturn, and the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow so I couldn't figure out a reasonable pattern to move it around dynamically; thankfully, most of the periods around spring break are ~one week so moving a few days forward or backward doesn't really change the mix of Sun to Thu and Fri + Sat like moving US Thanksgiving would (being only three prime days on the point chart)
This totally made me laugh but in case anyone was wondering Easter is actually figured as the first Sunday after the first full moon after March 21.

This totally made me laugh but in case anyone was wondering Easter is actually figured as the first Sunday after the first full moon after March 21.
Actually, it’s the first Sunday after the first full moon after the vernal equinox, which isn’t always on March 21! :upsidedow

I seem to remember something about Easter within the last few years - there was dispute about the date, because the full moon occurred the same day as the equinox? Or the full moon occurred on Sunday? Can’t remember, but I think it resulted in some Christian churches celebrating Easter on different Sundays....

Actually, it’s the first Sunday after the first full moon after the vernal equinox, which isn’t always on March 21! :upsidedow
My apologies as I know this is off-topic at this point but it was my understanding that the Churches recognized March 21 (for Easter date calculations anyway) as the Vernal Equinox, regardless if the actual astronomical date happens to occur on March 20 or 22 in a specific year.

Makes me wonder if Disney started with the studios being higher in point cost because Disney knew people(non owners) would want to try it when it first opened and there weren't a lot of Riv owners yet. So now that there are more Riv Owners they lowered the point cost for studios to where they plan to really keep them. Just a thought. I do think Riv's studios deserve to be more in the BLT Lake view point cost and not Poly/GF studio point cost.

The reduction for a week in a RIV studio in summer,,,SV,,,of 16 points is a nice savings,

For someone buying with kids, that is a great thing. And, it now it is only 9 points more than LV at BLT which does bring it into line.

The other thing is that now there are less weeks during the year to stay in a SV studio under the current 125 minimum for direct perks, it does allow DVD to get new owners to buy more points,

Summer is now under 150 which may encourage people to buy thar!

I do think Riv's studios deserve to be more in the BLT Lake view point cost and not Poly/GF studio point cost.

Except RIV was never in line with GF/POLY to start with on Studios it was already less expensive and already more in line with BLT. Also what this does is start a potential imbalance 1BR Preferred at RIV if the continue to shift points from Studio to 1BR. Studios will go first pretty much 365 so as such if they are balancing it should not be giving a further discount on rooms already booking first.

Charts are normalized to Preferred View Riviera

You can see a fairly significant 7%-10% range across the Studios (outside Season 6) between VGF/RIV but in the 1BR you are noticing it shrink down to a 4%-6% range. If you are trying to compare the two resorts. I think many would agree an over 2x price increase of Studio to 1BR is a little steep of a difference.

If you don't want to balance between Studio/1BR/2BR that is fine but if you do balance its strange to be taking points from Studios and moving them to 1BR.

Last edited:

I seem to remember something about Easter within the last few years - there was dispute about the date, because the full moon occurred the same day as the equinox? Or the full moon occurred on Sunday? Can’t remember, but I think it resulted in some Christian churches celebrating Easter on different Sundays....
It's actually slightly more complicated than that, and it also depends on if you are Orthodox or not (as they use different calendars). A good explanation is here:
https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/determining-easter-date.html

It's actually slightly more complicated than that, and it also depends on if you are Orthodox or not (as they use different calendars). A good explanation is here:
https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/determining-easter-date.html
Thank you for this! Yes, I think I was remembering 2019, when the Orthodox church celebrated Easter on a different Sunday than the others. As @i<3riviera says above, it's complicated! I'm from New Orleans and still have family there, so of course the date of Easter each year is important because it sets the date for Mardi Gras. I'm happy that I can ask any internet search engine to give me those dates for the next few years, because I don't want to have to calculate them!

Except RIV was never in line with GF/POLY to start with on Studios it was already less expensive and already more in line with BLT. Also what this does is start a potential imbalance 1BR Preferred at RIV if the continue to shift points from Studio to 1BR. Studios will go first pretty much 365 so as such if they are balancing it should not be giving a further discount on rooms already booking first.

Charts are normalized to Preferred View Riviera
View attachment 542847

View attachment 542848

View attachment 542849

You can see a fairly significant 7%-10% range across the Studios (outside Season 6) between VGF/RIV but in the 1BR you are noticing it shrink down to a 4%-6% range. If you are trying to compare the two resorts. I think many would agree an over 2x price increase of Studio to 1BR is a little steep of a difference.

If you don't want to balance between Studio/1BR/2BR that is fine but if you do balance its strange to be taking points from Studios and moving them to 1BR.
I think when we go(End of June/beg of july) a week at a RIV SV Studio was 160 for this year and Poly was 167 and BLT SV 139 LK 153. <--- are 2020 Point Charts. I think for 2021 RIV SV is 146 and BLT LV is 148 for those dates. So for our time its more in line. I equate BLT LV to RIV SV and BLT TPV to RIV Pref and POLY LV.

I think when we go(End of June/beg of july) a week at a RIV SV Studio was 160 for this year and Poly was 167 and BLT SV 139 LK 153. <--- are 2020 Point Charts. I think for 2021 RIV SV is 146 and BLT LV is 148 for those dates. So for our time its more in line. I equate BLT LV to RIV SV and BLT TPV to RIV Pref and POLY LV.

So in Magic Season for a week in Lake/Preferred (Jun 11-Aug 15)
RIV: 160/190
Poly: 169/199
BLT: 139/153/183

Its a little hard to do 1:1 with BLT vs RIV for the following reasons:
  • RIV has Tower Studios which are significantly less than BLT
  • BLT has less Standard rooms % wise than RIV (its like 20% standard rooms at BLT vs 25% at RIV) so more people get that category
  • BLT has Theme Park View which is more expensive than RIV most of the year

As for POLY they have a ton of points buried and hidden in Bungalows which make approximately 25% of owners without a room to book unless they have the 1k-2k+ points needed to book a vacation in the Bungalows.

Riviera is viewed as a superior resort to Bay Lake so its going to be more expensive. You don't need to agree but thats how its pegged.

2020 Point Charts Variation
Baseline is RIV Preferred Studio

Baseline is RIV Standard Studio

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!