2021 Point Reallocation

I mean this is a positive. If they adjusted the seasons I'm okay as long as the Seasons line up with Member demand not WDW demand (as they have since the inception of DVC, really).

This seems better than the alternative which was to raise the lockoff premium and this is the fair and right thing to do.

So seasons have changed....at AKV I see that Value Studios in the first couple weeks of September are as low as 7 points. I'll take that. If it's just moving around of seasons then it may make sense.

So seasons have changed....at AKV I see that Value Studios in the first couple weeks of September are as low as 7 points. I'll take that. If it's just moving around of seasons then it may make sense.
[/QUOTE
I saw that. I can't believe how low that is. The sad thing is that's when we like to go.. meaning it's going to be harder to snag a value room during that time.

I also am fine with this, if that's all that they did. It will take a bit more analysis than previous years to figure out if they also did something like increase the lockoff premiums. I don't feel inclined to just take them at their word that all they did was shift points around within seasons and created another 2 seasons.

Of course, it was already impossible to reserve Value Studios at AKV anyway. DID THEY REALLY HAVE TO LOWER THE COST OF VALUE STUDIOS TO PERSUADE PEOPLE TO USE THEM?

Make no mistake about it. THE LOWERING OF THE COST OF VALUE STUDIOS IN SEPTEMBER TO 7 POINTS PER DAY IS ENTIRELY, 100% A PROMOTIONAL 'SALES' MOVE. Period.

This also makes me suspicious of whether they are really making any attempt at all to balance the point, taking certain amounts from some seasons and transferring them to other season. ARE THE TOTAL POINTS REMAINING THE SAME, when you factor in the number of days in each season, the number of rooms of all kinds, that are available, and the point cost for those rooms. DOES EVERYTHING BALANCE?

Our typical time period end of February Early march has gone up at our home resort copper creek.
Studio went from 127 to 134 weekly.

Of course, it was already impossible to reserve Value Studios at AKV anyway. DID THEY REALLY HAVE TO LOWER THE COST OF VALUE STUDIOS TO PERSUADE PEOPLE TO USE THEM?

Make no mistake about it. THE LOWERING OF THE COST OF VALUE STUDIOS IN SEPTEMBER TO 7 POINTS PER DAY IS ENTIRELY, 100% A PROMOTIONAL 'SALES' MOVE. Period.

This also makes me suspicious of whether they are really making any attempt at all to balance the point, taking certain amounts from some seasons and transferring them to other season. ARE THE TOTAL POINTS REMAINING THE SAME, when you factor in the number of days in each season, the number of rooms of all kinds, that are available, and the point cost for those rooms. DOES EVERYTHING BALANCE?
Looks like they slightly increased Club level so those two categories would have been used to offset each other.

I am confused as BWV looks like everything went up or stayed the same for 2BR? It looks like the total points will have been increased.

Maybe I am missing something though.

Edit: Well everything except Sept 1-19 which I can't see making up the difference for the rest.

Looks like they slightly increased Club level so those two categories would have been used to offset each other.

Which makes little sense shifting the points between the 2 most popular categories. I know that's about the only options they have there if they are going to change either because everything else is such a large category but I don't think it's going to curb enthusiasim for concierge and it drives it even higher for the value category. :sad2:

I'm also going to guess that since they have decided to dive into the seasons that this is just the first round of changes much like 2010 and 2011 where they had to spread it out over 2 years because of bumping up against adjustment limits in a single year.

Well, since we have the theory of the Conservation Of Points, where Points can not be created or destroyed, I like the 7 seasons idea.

@KAT4DISNEY - I am also amazed at the lack of names for the seasons, I guess the figured they could not outdo "Choice Season" :)

I checked the points didn't move too much for CCV. Studios seem to have the same number of points required for the entire year in 2021 as in 2020. So they didn't try to shift points into that category. Below are the points required for the entire year for CCV in 2021, 2020, and 2019. Remember 2020 is a leap year.

YearStudio1 Bedroom2 BedroomGrand VillaCabin
2019​
6,302 12,960 16,696 44,345 41,726
2020​
6,316 12,997 16,746 44,474 41,847
2021​
6,252 12,800 16,569 43,671 41,517

Overall I'm happier with this change but I would love to see the December to take some of the slack in shifting demand and making summer less expensive. Currently they aren't truly following the DVC demand all the way (as evident by December and Summer) but perhaps this was the first effort at the changes being strung by the limit of each Use Day changing. Even though now my trips are about 20 points more expensive every year. But as an original 2020 Chart protester this is what I asked for when talking to Y a seasonal shift/change.

So it appears that DVC might have admitted they can't move points between categories. I'll have to check on the Grand Floridian with no dedicated Studios and 1 Bedrooms if they did anything there on the lockoff premium. Though CCV no movements at all.

Edit: VGF even with the possibility that Studios and 1 Beds could increase without check (cause there aren't any dedicated ones) they didn't really change the point requirements at all nor really increase the lockoff premium. I wonder if someone at DVC got in trouble for the 2020 point charts. I have to say overall I'm glad and releasing before the Annual Meeting is definitely the right thing to do. So DVC did listen I guess to all of us when we said what they were doing was wrong.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see what the totals are over the entire year. I'll let one of the websites out there handle that lol

For me personally, 2 of our usual travel times (beginning of September and May) have gone down for AKV so I like that. Beginning of Dec. has gone up a bit but that really is understandable and wasn't a huge jump.

I am confused as BWV looks like everything went up or stayed the same for 2BR? It looks like the total points will have been increased.

Maybe I am missing something though.

Edit: Well everything except Sept 1-19 which I can't see making up the difference for the rest.

May 1 - June 10 also dropped into a cheaper season (a much needed change.) At BWV 2B, those dates went from 38/45 points Standard and 43/49 Preferred in 2020 down to 32/41 S and 41/47 P in 2021.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!