2021 cruise watch thread~!

Wondering if the Magic will make her way back to New York in 2021. She has fewer 2020 NY sailings than in the past o_O
New York departures did not sell very well in 2018 and 2019. DCL had to offer 20% discounts to fill the ship. Hence the reduction in 2020 and probably future years as well.

Do prices go up the longer you wait? Is it best to book as soon as new dates are released?
Yes, but it depends on how much demand there is for their sailings. The best price DCL will offer for that sailing will be day one. If the sailing isn't selling very well, then you'll get those offers that'll be cheaper than day one after the PIF date, but there are restrictions that come with that. If you want to go on a particular sailing, don't chance an offer coming out in the future because it isn't guaranteed.

New York departures did not sell very well in 2018 and 2019. DCL had to offer 20% discounts to fill the ship. Hence the reduction in 2020 and probably future years as well.

A big part of the reason they don’t sell well is many people who would sail DCL out of NYC in a heartbeat cannot because they are during the school year.

I currently have back to back trips book on the Fantasy and Dream for this fall but am considering cancelling the Dream cruise for a Christmas cruise in 2021 for financial reasons. I wish I could do them all though.

Noticed that Disney and Galveston have a new deal that will double the sailings from there. No doubt a result of new ships
As a Texan, I hope that's true and that a ship besides the Wonder will also sail from Galveston. I'd love to be able to just drive to and from our cruise, instead of having to fly. We prefer the Dream class ships, though, so hope that a non-classic will sail out of Galveston eventually.

As Disney adds 3 new ships (2 of which are likely to be stationed in Port Canaveral), I would expect Miami, New Orleans, and Galveston to get more cruises originating there in the winter, some of which will be the Dream and Wish class. Can these ports support Dream/Wish class ship sizes already?

Last edited:
A big part of the reason they don’t sell well is many people who would sail DCL out of NYC in a heartbeat cannot because they are during the school year.

disney tried sailing out of nyc in the summer of 2012. Didn’t work out to good for them. Was nice for the passengers thou. Huge discounts.

As Disney adds 3 new ships (which likely to be stationed in Port Canaveral), I would expect Miami, New Orleans, and Galveston to get more cruises originating there in the winter, some of which will be the Dream class. Can these ports support Dream class ship sizes already?

DCL signed a big contract with the port of Miami. Dcl will have a ship there full time. It can’t be the magic or the wonder but cam be any of the other 5 ships. Than one ship will be there for three months I think the contract was .So one ship full time and one for three months.

I also can't wait for the 2021 release dates! I would love to see what's available in the summer. Although I really really want to book another New Years cruise for 2021.

i'm waiting too....we're planning on adding a 3 night cruise on the Dream to our WDW visit.
How much time do they usually have between when the itinerary is released and when they start booking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!