2021 50th Anniversary and Timing

Raven01

Proud Momma to DD
I'm planning another trip, and originally thought of October 2020.

Now I'm thinking we should wait until February 2021, so we get the 50th Anniversary celebration as well.

Does anyone have any idea of those will make a difference? Will everything be completed by October 2020 anyway?

Thanks!

Disney has not yet announced when the 50th anniversary celebration will begin. WDW’s grand opening was October 1, 1971. IMO I think it will begin on October 1, 2021 and run through 2022. As of now it is any body’s guess.

Disney has not yet announced when the 50th anniversary celebration will begin. WDW’s grand opening was October 1, 1971. IMO I think it will begin on October 1, 2021 and run through 2022. As of now it is any body’s guess.

I agree with you. I am not certain when all the new attractions are projected to open, so you may have something open between Oct 2020 & Feb 2021. But I really don’t think you will see any official 50th anniversary activities or merchandise before Oct 1st. Disney tends to have a big kick off on the actual anniversary & continue from there.

If you look at Disneyland’s 60th, the celebration started a couple months before the actual birthday of Disneyland. It ran from May 2015 to September 2016, so for about 15 months or so. I would expect Disneyworld to follow suit. They’ll probably start the celebration after Labor Day 2021 and run it up until the holidays of 2022.

I'm planning another trip, and originally thought of October 2020.

Now I'm thinking we should wait until February 2021, so we get the 50th Anniversary celebration as well.

Does anyone have any idea of those will make a difference? Will everything be completed by October 2020 anyway?

Thanks!
The expectation is the celebration will begin Summer 2021 and run into 2022.

No not everything will be done by October 2020. The parks are never complete as it is.

Visit the completion date thread for a full list of confirmed dates.

I am actually considering waiting until 2022. Its possible the celebration could run until then as well, not to mention EPCOT is going to be a mess for most of 2021. We will see what D23 brings for parks and resorts.

I am actually considering waiting until 2022. Its possible the celebration could run until then as well, not to mention EPCOT is going to be a mess for most of 2021. We will see what D23 brings for parks and resorts.

Good point about EPCOT. Definitely won't be fully ready to go for the actual 50th (though Guardians and Rat, etc. should be done by then)

Seems like the celebrations run for like 15 months or so, so i am thinking like June 2021 until October 2022 and then they get the 40th of EPCOT in there on Oct 1 2022, sort of end with that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter