2020 Watch??

To be fair DH and I only sailed with Princess once on the (old) Grand last summer. We really enjoyed everything about the cruise except the food and over the top sales pitches for art auctions, etc. We felt like the quality of food wasn't nearly as good as Royal Caribbean or Disney. We haven't sailed with anyone else to compare. Hoping to try Celebrity in the future as well and I'm willing to give Princess another try if the itinerary interests me.

We were on the Royal Princess. Hope you get a better cruise in the future

They are currently running the half-deposit offer until Feb 15 and won't likely release anything new before that ends. Add a few more days of a heads-up, and that's probably your release date.
Yeah, I see the release date being around then too...we have a 2/15-2/22 vacation to Disney World. We book a cruise every other year...last time we wanted to book, they released it during our vacation week...I think that's happening this year too!

Mid to late February sounds promising. Fall 2020 I'll be done with classes and strictly working on the dissertation. A little more freedom to pick a cruise.

Just spoke with a CM on the phone about the availability of the Hawaiian cruises. The website has been showing them on and off, and bummer, yes, they are still sold out.

Here is where it got interesting.

CM: "I'm afraid I have some bad news."
Me: "Let me guess..."
CM: "Yes, those cruise are still sold out."
Me: "So, the website is just glitching?"
CM: "Unfortunately. I recommend you call back in a month or two when the new 2020 itineraries will be released."
Me: "Sure, but aren't those Hawaiian cruises IN 2020?"
CM: "Oh, of course. We are just hoping to offer more Hawaiian itineraries in that next release."

In. That. Next. Release. That means for the summer.

If you look at DCL's Alaskan cruises in May and early June 2019, they still seem to have wide availability, and some of those are what may be replaced with the ones heading to the land of Aloha.

This does spice up the watch!

I wonder if "posting" them isn't a glitch. You know how sometimes they will post new offerings for World or Land and then pull it back down minutes later and came it was only accidental? But really they are teasing/testing reaction? (Or at least that's what it appears they are doing.)

I wonder if they are letting the Hawaii flicker with their itineraries to see if there is interest and by clicks and page view gauge HOW much. I think sacrificing Alaska trips for Hawaii is a risk and there is a bunch of unknown since most people never even got to price them before they sold out.

I wonder if "posting" them isn't a glitch. You know how sometimes they will post new offerings for World or Land and then pull it back down minutes later and came it was only accidental? But really they are teasing/testing reaction? (Or at least that's what it appears they are doing.)

I wonder if they are letting the Hawaii flicker with their itineraries to see if there is interest and by clicks and page view gauge HOW much. I think sacrificing Alaska trips for Hawaii is a risk and there is a bunch of unknown since most people never even got to price them before they sold out.
Yes, I'm pretty sure it isn't a real glitch. It keeps the cruise on the radar (no pun). Or, they might have wanted to screen the casual online depositers out. 'Call in if you really want it'.

I have to say, it was nice to be able to browse them, see the schedule and all the port times and such. I had wondered what sightseeing Disney was suggesting and so it was nice to be able to read it all without bothering folks that had booked it

I have to say, it was nice to be able to browse them, see the schedule and all the port times and such. I had wondered what sightseeing Disney was suggesting and so it was nice to be able to read it all without bothering folks that had booked it

I have yet to even get to see this page. It would be nice! :tilt:

I'm no expert, but I'm expecting Hawaii to be the new "shoulder season" for the Wonder if it continues to be popular enough. Northern repo --> Hawaii --> Alaska --> Hawaii --> Southern repo. That would put a there-and-back pair of Hawaii cruises on the Summer 2020 release, scheduled in late August or early September.

Hello! Not sure if this has been posted already, but got a sneak peak of one itinerary that will be released. If you look at the port schedules you can sometimes see the 2020 summer berthings. For example the Orkney Harbours website shows the Magic arriving in Kirkwall on August 28th, 2020. It arrives from Reykjavik and departs to Dover. Certainly could be the reverse itinerary of this summer's (July 2019) Iceland and Norway cruise! Love that the Magic is stopping in Kirkwall again!

Don't have a date yet but my family just decided to all go on a cruise on the Fantasy for August 2020. It's for my parents' 50th wedding Anniversary! Just need those dates and prices to come out!

Don't have a date yet but my family just decided to all go on a cruise on the Fantasy for August 2020. It's for my parents' 50th wedding Anniversary! Just need those dates and prices to come out!

WOW, that's a great anniversary trip! Hope it works out. I'll have to think about that for us in ten years ;)

We're doing the same for my parents' golden but the Dream Dec 2019 for only four nights since my parents got married on New Year's Eve. Didn't they know that's the most expensive time to sail DCL?!

Congrats and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter