2020 Tropical Storms/Hurricanes

My family is in the path as well. I had friends evacuate from Lafayette but family in Jennings and Lake Arthur that stayed - they are currently being hammered. My family in Alexandria is next

Yet again, the earlier models said this storm would be a CAT 1 and then weaken to a strong TS at landfall. As of this AM, it appears to be CAT 2 at landfall. I feel like a broken record stating this, but whatever the forecast strength is at ~3-5 days out, add 2 levels.

I'm worried about my NOLA family and friends being caught off guard. Many have not been paying attention because they've been dodging bullets for a long time.

We did such a good job prepping for the others that we only had some yard cleanup to do. I am not expecting too much to happen here, though. Maybe some gusts this evening.

@LSUmiss check in when you can!
We’re good! Thanks for checking! I’m just so annoyed! Thought after the last one that we got lucky this season...but...! Then woke up this morning to the forecast that it could be a 2! As of 10am, it’s back down to a strong 1. At least if we lose power, tomorrow is supposed to be cool. I can’t believe I’m even typing that sentence! Hopefully y’all do t get too much up there. Stay safe!

I'm worried about my NOLA family and friends being caught off guard. Many have not been paying attention because they've been dodging bullets for a long time.

We did such a good job prepping for the others that we only had some yard cleanup to do. I am not expecting too much to happen here, though. Maybe some gusts this evening.
Yeah the biggest thing is a lot of ppl I know (including me), didn’t prepare to be out of power for a long time. But, worst case scenario we’ll go to BR or somewhere to get supplies if stores here stay closed. But, usually, unless it’s like a Katrina (which it shouldn’t be), somewhere in town is able to open in a day or 2. I remember it was the downtown Rouses for Isaac.

We’re good! Thanks for checking! I’m just so annoyed! Thought after the last one that we got lucky this season...but...! Then woke up this morning to the forecast that it could be a 2! As of 10am, it’s back down to a strong 1. At least if we lose power, tomorrow is supposed to be cool. I can’t believe I’m even typing that sentence! Hopefully y’all do t get too much up there. Stay safe!

Yes thank god for cooler temps this time of year! Let us know how you make out. :hug:

Yes thank god for cooler temps this time of year! Let us know how you make out. :hug:
I will! I just remodeled my house so I’m going to be SO mad if I have damage inside. They literally just finished Monday! This house has never flooded even for Katrina though (knock on wood). But I also don’t want to have to pay for a new roof 😔. It’s a fast moving storm so hoping it gets in & out quickly. And of course the center is supposed to be over us at about 10pm. I hate nighttime landfalls.

I will! I just remodeled my house so I’m going to be SO mad if I have damage inside. They literally just finished Monday! This house has never flooded even for Katrina though (knock on wood). But I also don’t want to have to pay for a new roof 😔. It’s a fast moving storm so hoping it gets in & out quickly. And of course the center is supposed to be over us at about 10pm. I hate nighttime landfalls.

Yes night ones are the worst. We literally had siding repair done YESTERDAY, so I am hoping nothing happens to it.

Well, my friends in Metarie and Kenner are hunkered down. I don't know if Slidell will take a direct hit, but it doesn't look good. Stay safe Who Dat nation!

My friend had to literally walk out of work without permission. She works in Nola. People are in serious denial today.

Zeta is close to cat 3 level.

My friend had to literally walk out of work without permission. She works in Nola. People are in serious denial today.

Zeta is close to cat 3 level.
I know! Watching the news about 2 hours ago & meteorologist was saying employers really need to let their employees go now! Wind starting now. Freaking me out b/c Katrina was a cat 3. So aggravating that they’re so bad at predicting these things. We would have left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!