2020 Tropical Storms/Hurricanes

Tough call to make. My friend lives uptown and although her neighborhood doesn't flood, she doesn't want to be trapped in.
Yeah kinda same here. But packing up a 2 yr, a Golden retriever, a dach & a cat is no easy task either!

Yeah kinda same here. But packing up a 2 yr, a Golden retriever, a dach & a cat is no easy task either!

It’s such a pain. That’s why I didn’t move back to Nola!
Still waiting on word from my family there. I think my brother is going north.

Good luck to all in LA/MS. I remember the insane traffic mess the year before Katrina. I can't remember which hurricane it was for, maybe Ivan. Hubby worked in New Orleans, but we lived in Baton Rouge, It took him 9 1/2 hours to get home. Had no idea the interstates would be so dreadful. My mom drove from Houma to Baton Rouge, took about 4 hrs. If hubby had gone to Houma first, then BR, would've been quicker. I think it was after that, they started contra flow. Then the storm hit as a cat 1.....you never know....next year, Katrina did not hit as a 1. Definitely a pain to pack up pets, everything, and find good place to get to. Anyway, good luck w storm prep, and hope this one doesn't intensify,

Good luck to all in LA/MS. I remember the insane traffic mess the year before Katrina. I can't remember which hurricane it was for, maybe Ivan. Hubby worked in New Orleans, but we lived in Baton Rouge, It took him 9 1/2 hours to get home. Had no idea the interstates would be so dreadful. My mom drove from Houma to Baton Rouge, took about 4 hrs. If hubby had gone to Houma first, then BR, would've been quicker. I think it was after that, they started contra flow. Then the storm hit as a cat 1.....you never know....next year, Katrina did not hit as a 1. Definitely a pain to pack up pets, everything, and find good place to get to. Anyway, good luck w storm prep, and hope this one doesn't intensify,
Yes. It was Ivan. It’s why so many didn’t leave for Katrina. I sat in that traffic for 11 hours to go from Nola to BR. That was with contra flow. Contra flow has been around a while. Doesn’t seem to help much 😔. Anyway, got our plan now so I feel ok. Will leave & go to friends house in BR if city tell us we should or have to go. Good news is they have a whole house generator so we will have power!

Yes. It was Ivan. It’s why so many didn’t leave for Katrina. I sat in that traffic for 11 hours to go from Nola to BR. That was with contra flow. Contra flow has been around a while. Doesn’t seem to help much 😔. Anyway, got our plan now so I feel ok. Will leave & go to friends house in BR if city tell us we should or have to go. Good news is they have a whole house generator so we will have power!

The 4pm update shows minimal impact to BR. Hoping we don’t lose power.

Looks like Louisiana is gonna get spared

Now all of a sudden where my friends and parents live might get the worst of it (fl panhandle)

I'm still in shock over how much has changed in 2 days. Sending good vibes to you and your people!

Thanks, it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't crawling slower than a snail.

One of my friends just texted me their backyard is already flooding. And this is the beginning of it

Thanks, it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't crawling slower than a snail.

One of my friends just texted me their backyard is already flooding. And this is the beginning of it
Memories (bad!) of Harvey - good luck to your family and friends!

My sister and her friends forfeited their rental cost (nonrefundable if no mandatory evacuation order) and left Orange Beach yesterday. I’m glad!

Dang, getting a lot of vids from the coast where my friends are, they're getting hammered. Their not built to take a lot of rain like this, just built for wind. There's gonna be a lot of flooding

Won't be like Houston/Harvey bad, but still not ideal

As of 6pm my mom had said they had gotten 9 inches. I'm guessing it's above 14 by now. Non stop storms. Looks like it's making landfall inbetween Mobile and Pensacola (family and friends are about 1 hour east of Pensacola)

We had a relatively small hurricane just park itself off our coast in the early 2000s. It just. kept. raining. We very fortunately did not have bad flooding in our neighborhood, but the ground was so saturated and the wind just bad enough that a LOT of trees came down. We lost our garage to a large water oak and were without power for a few days. My next-door neighbor had both of his cars totaled. The area was visibly transformed with so many nice, big trees gone. I hope everyone stays safe.

Seeing updates and pics from friends on facebook

Not good :(

In the 22 years I've lived there, never saw it flood this bad. And we've had Cat 3-5 hurricanes roll through

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts