2020 Star Wars/Disney World Races - trying to plan

BTArunner

#BTA
Hello all
New here
Now, I know Disney has not announced dates for 2020 races yet, and probably wont for a good 3-5 months.

We are trying to plan a family vacation, and as with most Disney vacations , We do them around races (Wine and Dine, Dopey), and want to plan out 2020 Family vacation around the (potential) Star Wars Challenge Race

Looking at other races, you can generally guess when they will be time wise, but the last two years with Star Wars they have been at the beginning of the month (for 2019), the end of the month (2017), etc
Basically, different times.

I was wondering if anyone knew the formula. Are they arranged around Easter Weekend? Some other benchmark?

We can book the hotel 499 days out, and want to, but want some educated guess on the correct weekends.

Thank you!

Hello all
New here
Now, I know Disney has not announced dates for 2020 races yet, and probably wont for a good 3-5 months.

We are trying to plan a family vacation, and as with most Disney vacations , We do them around races (Wine and Dine, Dopey), and want to plan out 2020 Family vacation around the (potential) Star Wars Challenge Race

Looking at other races, you can generally guess when they will be time wise, but the last two years with Star Wars they have been at the beginning of the month (for 2019), the end of the month (2017), etc
Basically, different times.

I was wondering if anyone knew the formula. Are they arranged around Easter Weekend? Some other benchmark?

We can book the hotel 499 days out, and want to, but want some educated guess on the correct weekends.

Thank you!
Star Wars half weekend is always placed around Easter to not interfere with those crowds.

Thanks.
Is it just a guess if it would be before or after? (Easter is on the 12th in 2020, and I would guess they would do the race weekend the following week, but of course that would be just a guess by me. The 5th would seem early, but it is that weekend in 2019, so who knows.)

Thanks.
Is it just a guess if it would be before or after? (Easter is on the 12th in 2020, and I would guess they would do the race weekend the following week, but of course that would be just a guess by me. The 5th would seem early, but it is that weekend in 2019, so who knows.)
I would guess after but you never know.

I was wondering about this as well. My best guess is that it would be the weekend of April 24-26, but it could be the weekend before that one.

If you're concerned about hotel availability, you could always hedge your bets and book both weekends. You'd be tying up the $200 per room deposit, but you'll get that back when you cancel the extra weekend once they announce the dates.

Hi I was wondering about this as well. I believe it will be the 5th Anniversary Race. We ran the inaugural and thought it would be fun to run that race. I’m trying to make up my mind between 2019 wine and dine or 2020 Star Wars. I can’t do both $$$

Hi! Looks like it's going to be April 17-19 so I'll be there. Will do the challenge (and maybe the virtual challenge too) as well as Paris in 2020 :)

Late to the game here but I read somewhere that the 2020 Star Wars 1/2 marathon was going to be April 16th-19th, can this be confirmed? I am surprised in these dates since Easter and spring break will be April 12th-18th. Hoping to run in 2021 (I know, forever away) and I really hope that dates don't fall like that again.

Late to the game here but I read somewhere that the 2020 Star Wars 1/2 marathon was going to be April 16th-19th, can this be confirmed? I am surprised in these dates since Easter and spring break will be April 12th-18th. Hoping to run in 2021 (I know, forever away) and I really hope that dates don't fall like that again.
Yes those are the dates for 2020.

Everyone has different spring breaks. This weekend changes dates almost every year so I would expect them to move a bit in 2021.

I’m wondering with it overlapping with Easter where it will fall with AP blackouts as my friend is super excited and wants to run in 2020 but I’m not wanting to shell out $$$$ to stay on property if we can’t do anything but run and go to Disney Springs

I’m wondering with it overlapping with Easter where it will fall with AP blackouts as my friend is super excited and wants to run in 2020 but I’m not wanting to shell out $$$$ to stay on property if we can’t do anything but run and go to Disney Springs
It fell during an AP blockout window in the past and WDW lifted the blockout eventually. No guarantee that'll happen again, though, especially if crowd levels are up due to SWGE being open. I have a Silver AP and am assuming I'll need to upgrade for 2020 or skip the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!