2020 dining plan- credits are now adult and child specific

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from our trip to wdw. We had no problems sharing credits or using more credits than on our room (2 adults 1 child) for the dxdp.

Here is the list of restaurants and how many credits used:

Chef art smith (1a 1c)
Morimoto (2a 2c)
Ohana (4a 1c)
Crystal palace (6a 3c)
Tusker house (6a 3c)
Yak yeti (4a 1c)
Trex (3a 1c)
Coral reef (3a 2c)
Sci fi (2a 1c)
Boma (4a 1c)
Splitsville (1a 3c)

I do want to let u all know that at splitsville they let us use the child credits as if they were adult credits. We were advised to order freely as if all were same credits (except for alcoholic drinks).

Chef art smith and morimoto do not have kids appetizer on the menu but were allowed to order apps from the regular menu. Also, at sci fi kids deluxe drink can be a milkshake or adults dessert can be a milkshake.

All in all the deluxe plan was way too much food even though we shared the credits. It was a good experience but i am not sure if we would get it again.

One of the booths at epcot f&g festival could not process the dining plan because the machine was down so we had to pay $9 for 4 pieces of ravioli. I wish they had a backup because they couldnt even charge my room and my friend who was visiting ended up paying since i did not bring wallet thinking mb would be enough. It was good my kids gobbled it up but we ended up with lots of snack credits at end of trip

Just got back from our trip to wdw. We had no problems sharing credits or using more credits than on our room (2 adults 1 child) for the dxdp.

Here is the list of restaurants and how many credits used:

Chef art smith (1a 1c)
Morimoto (2a 2c)
Ohana (4a 1c)
Crystal palace (6a 3c)
Tusker house (6a 3c)
Yak yeti (4a 1c)
Trex (3a 1c)
Coral reef (3a 2c)
Sci fi (2a 1c)
Boma (4a 1c)
Splitsville (1a 3c)

I do want to let u all know that at splitsville they let us use the child credits as if they were adult credits. We were advised to order freely as if all were same credits (except for alcoholic drinks).

Chef art smith and morimoto do not have kids appetizer on the menu but were allowed to order apps from the regular menu. Also, at sci fi kids deluxe drink can be a milkshake or adults dessert can be a milkshake.

All in all the deluxe plan was way too much food even though we shared the credits. It was a good experience but i am not sure if we would get it again.

One of the booths at epcot f&g festival could not process the dining plan because the machine was down so we had to pay $9 for 4 pieces of ravioli. I wish they had a backup because they couldnt even charge my room and my friend who was visiting ended up paying since i did not bring wallet thinking mb would be enough. It was good my kids gobbled it up but we ended up with lots of snack credits at end of trip
Thanks for reporting back. How many rooms/dining plans did you have? And how many adults and children were on the plan?

I'm so glad to hear Sci-Fi has a specialty drink for kids on the plan. And the report for Splitsville is fantastic, how was the food??

Thanks for reporting back. How many rooms/dining plans did you have? And how many adults and children were on the plan?

I'm so glad to hear Sci-Fi has a specialty drink for kids on the plan. And the report for Splitsville is fantastic, how was the food??
We only had the dxdp on our room (2a 1c). The other rooms didnt have a dining plan. Many of the waitstaff were pleased they only had to run one dining plan instead of multiple rooms.

I would go back to splittsville. Service was good. Basic bar fare was good but i wouldnt recommend the fried rice (too salty) or sushi rolls (rice too soggy). I shouldve known better than to order asian dishes at a bowling alley LOL. the pizza took long to come out bc the first one they said didnt look good so they made us a new one. It was good though.

We had no problems sharing credits or using more credits than on our room (2 adults 1 child) for the dxdp.

Thanks for this information, and I think it answers my question, but to confirm: we are a family of 4, all Disney adults (my kids are teens). I cannot eat a lot at once due to a recently diagnosed medical condition. On the regular dining plan of 1 QS & 1 TS per day, my family can go to a TS restaurant & order 3 meals for 4 of us, using 3 TS credits. I would share the food of another family member. I understand an additional drink, etc would be OOP. We shouldn't expect any issues with this? Even at Signatures, understanding that we would use 6 credits there?

Trying to manage food issues for the first time while traveling is overwhelming me a bit. I appreciate the help!

Thanks for this information, and I think it answers my question, but to confirm: we are a family of 4, all Disney adults (my kids are teens). I cannot eat a lot at once due to a recently diagnosed medical condition. On the regular dining plan of 1 QS & 1 TS per day, my family can go to a TS restaurant & order 3 meals for 4 of us, using 3 TS credits. I would share the food of another family member. I understand an additional drink, etc would be OOP. We shouldn't expect any issues with this? Even at Signatures, understanding that we would use 6 credits there?

Trying to manage food issues for the first time while traveling is overwhelming me a bit. I appreciate the help!
That is totally allowed. We did it all the time on our trip this January.

I haven't used a dining plan in ages, so I'm trying to come up to speed. Forgive me if this is really redundant, but I keep finding mentions that the DxDP is different.

If we get the DxDP, child credits now have to be used for child meals (at TS and CS), correct?
Can we use an adult credit for a child meal (TS or CS)?
Can we use an adult credit to order an adult meal (TS) for a kid who's clearly too young to be a disney adult?

The change for dxdp is that in the past all credits were pooled. So you could buy the plan for your 4 yo, pay oop for this kid and use the credits on adult meals.

Now they have split the pooled credits. This is for qs and dxdp, ddp ts was already adult and child credits

yes you can purchase a meal using adult credits for a child For qs. I don’t know about TS. You cannot use an adult credit to buy a child meal.

Disney has made it so that everyone is forced to stay in their lane, so to speak

I am planning Nov 10th to 14th with 4 park days, how will my dining plan be? Will my family have 4 days of meals or 5?

I am planning Nov 10th to 14th with 4 park days, how will my dining plan be? Will my family have 4 days of meals or 5?

It goes by the nights you stay, so if you check in on the 10th and check out on the 14th, you'll have 4 nights worth of credits.

It's not calculated by park days, it's calculated by # of nights in your on-site resort. 4 nights in an onsite resort (checking in the 10th checking out the 14th) = 4 days worth of credits per person based on whatever dining plan you choose.

I know this is an old thread, Obviously this depends on when the DDP comes back... but what happened when a QS location had no child's menu? For instance many Epcot locations... can your child qs credit buy an adult meal where no child meals are offered? Thanks.

I know this is an old thread, Obviously this depends on when the DDP comes back... but what happened when a QS location had no child's menu? For instance many Epcot locations... can your child qs credit buy an adult meal where no child meals are offered? Thanks.

I seem to recall the answer was no. You couldn't use the credit at all. One of the restaurants at Magic Kingdom didn't have a child's menu when this was first announced and it took them a week or two to get one.

It’s pointless to speculate what will change when/if plan returns. Earliest we should see it return is 2022. No contracts have been negotiated for 2021 nor available in any way

to answer your question, if there was no child qs option there was no allowance to allow a child credit to purchase anything.
the plan change was in effect such a short time.

I made a reservation for CBR for May. The CM said the dining plan would be back in 2021 so she booked my reservation as a "basic package". I did not book tickets since I have an AP. I know CMs don't always have correct information but it does give me hope.

I made a reservation for CBR for May. The CM said the dining plan would be back in 2021 so she booked my reservation as a "basic package". I did not book tickets since I have an AP. I know CMs don't always have correct information but it does give me hope.
CM has no clue about anything. With no end in sight with Covid ending and social distancing there is no way they could offer the dining plan. I work in the industry and Disney has made no indication as to offering this.

Many Disney blogs indicate that inside sources think differently and feel confident that the dining plan will probably be back by the fall

Highly doubtful for fall. 2022 still seems the earliest to include w vacation packages, contract negotiations, etc. it’s a full process to bring them back. It’s not that easy. Especially w so many 3rd party contractors

this thread is closed. It’s no longer relevant. We will see what happens when/if plans are brought back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!