2019 Wine & Dine and new Fall discounts - anyone get through?? What are the discounts?

Grendalynn

Self Proclaimed DIS Veteran
Hey Runners! I am curious to know if anyone was able to get through and make new, or update their current reservations, for Wine & Dine race weekend? We have a package at CB already and was hoping to snag a discount. Free Dining is not an option, but curious to know what others got if anything... Thanks! Happy Running!

Last edited:
I did a general search on the passholder discount for the weekend and was only getting a handful of resorts to show up - DAK Lodge, Contemporary, Coronado, and Grand Floridian were the ones I remember seeing and all still in the $400+ a night range.

I checked for Pop Century: my existing room-only rate that I booked in February is much cheaper than the discounted rate offered today.

So they raised the prices at Pop so much this year that February's rack rate easily beats today's discounted rate!

I checked for Pop Century: my existing room-only rate that I booked in February is much cheaper than the discounted rate offered today.

So they raised the prices at Pop so much this year that February's rack rate easily beats today's discounted rate!
Yea, someone on Facebook didn't believe me when I said that I was paying around $130/night for Pop for the weekend of W&D. Gotta admit I was shocked when I was looking at Star Wars weekend and Pop was closer to $250/night.

Yea, someone on Facebook didn't believe me when I said that I was paying around $130/night for Pop for the weekend of W&D. Gotta admit I was shocked when I was looking at Star Wars weekend and Pop was closer to $250/night.

Woah. Pop is $250/night for Star Wars??!

I was actually just talking with Groups today to get pricing for that weekend (a la the group rate I got for Marathon Weekend) and Pop came back at $160/night plus taxes and fees.

I was actually just talking with Groups today to get pricing for that weekend (a la the group rate I got for Marathon Weekend) and Pop came back at $160/night plus taxes and fees.
Yeah Pop was crazy for SW Weekend. I was considering it but definitely not at that price.

Yep, when looking at Thurs-Mon that weekend it is showing as $247/night on the Disney site.

I booked 4 nights at Pop starting Saturday of SW race weekend and rates were: Sat-$250, Sun-$183, Mon-Tues-$171. Kind of alarming. I usually have a car so the new gondolas may not be worth this huge price jump for me. Still deciding what to do.

Same, we booked in I think March and our TA checked for us, we still got a better rate than the current discounts.

I snagged a Garden View room at BWI last week and yesterday was only able to apply the new discount to one of my three nights (I checked for the discount when I split up my stay and since it was the same room, guest services combined them for me) :sad2: I'm hoping things will open up as we get closer.

I'm in a Little Mermaid room at AOA so no discount for me. I checked briefly yesterday to see if anything good popped up, but I think I'm good where I am. I haven't stayed at AOA yet and looking forward to it.

I snagged a Garden View room at BWI last week and yesterday was only able to apply the new discount to one of my three nights (I checked for the discount when I split up my stay and since it was the same room, guest services combined them for me) :sad2: I'm hoping things will open up as we get closer.
So, you only have one confirmation number? I didn't think they did that if it was two room rates/categories.

So, you only have one confirmation number? I didn't think they did that if it was two room rates/categories.

So it's actually the same confirmation number I had originally! The reservation was for 11/1 - 11/4 and I split it up into 11/1-11/3 and 11/3-11/4 and checked for the discount, and both came up as available with the Garden View room. I think the 11/1-11/3 was a glitch, but it was showing as the discount so they combined the two for me since it was showing the same rate at the same category room.

@Keels: are you looking at any other resorts for group pricing during Star Wars?

I'm so glad I booked Pop way back in Feb/Mar for W&D! Especially since it's unusual for me to book resorts so far out (I usually book accommodation something like 1-2 months in advance).

I still haven't booked flights. Have been looking at flight prices and was considering flying on other dates to get cheaper flight prices. Then looked at the cost if I were to rebook my Pop stay and realised I wouldn't save anything overall as Pop was either sold out (thus having to go to other resorts) or was showing more expensive room rates compared to what I'd booked!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!