2019 Virtual Series - Marvel Themed

I’m glad I don’t like the challenge medal. I just paid for the Wine & Dine challenge. I might do the June one since I love Captain Marvel. On the other hand if it looked cooler (had characters on it), I’d get the challenge and split it with my kids.

I signed up for the Challenge today. One of my dreams is to run a Disney Half Marathon, but I've never even run a 5K. I've been on a daily workout streak for the last year though. Last March I could only jog for about 2 minutes. I'm now jogging for 20 minutes a day with little to no problem. That's still not 3 miles (I job rather slowly) but I think I can manage it now that I have these races to train for. The medals are great!!

I signed up for the June/Captain Marvel challenge! Very excited. I live in South Florida, so running indoors will be a must. Right now I’m practicing on a treadmill, but I’m looking around for an indoor track.

I’ve lost 110 lbs, and this was always a goal. I figured this is a great way to get my feet wet before signing up for the Princess 5K.

I signed up for the Challenge today. One of my dreams is to run a Disney Half Marathon, but I've never even run a 5K. I've been on a daily workout streak for the last year though. Last March I could only jog for about 2 minutes. I'm now jogging for 20 minutes a day with little to no problem. That's still not 3 miles (I job rather slowly) but I think I can manage it now that I have these races to train for. The medals are great!!
Congrats! I'd love to be able to jog for 20 minutes. still working on it - better than when I started but still no where near where I'd like to be. I've never been a runner and have never had any wind. Signing up for these is helping.......I did the virtual half in january when I started and have been keeping a rolling time. As long as the time keeps getting better I'm happy.

Congrats! I'd love to be able to jog for 20 minutes. still working on it - better than when I started but still no where near where I'd like to be. I've never been a runner and have never had any wind. Signing up for these is helping.......I did the virtual half in january when I started and have been keeping a rolling time. As long as the time keeps getting better I'm happy.
Thanks! I've been working at it daily. Nothing serious mind you, I just got better at it. This is the first time in my life working out regularly, so no one is more surprised then I am. The races will really motivate me.

Why would you ship a bib with the medals? The bib is for doing the run, so you'd want it beforehand I would think. It seems like a more environmentally friendly way that they're doing it now, anyway. Folks who want the bib for their own reasons can print them out themselves, while folks who don't aren't sent a waste piece of paper.

A printed paper bib is nowhere near the same quality as the tyvek bib. You could also say the same about the towel they've sent in previous years - the towel is for the run, it's entirely unnecessary afterwards. I happen to collect and frame my tyvek bibs.

Anyone think they will have anything special next year for "perfect" virtual short challengers? I've done all 3 challenges so far and I'm torn about this year. I'm not a Marvel fan so these medals do nothing for me but I would hate to lose my perfect status if it is going to lead to something cool for the 5th challenge next year.

Anyone think they will have anything special next year for "perfect" virtual short challengers?
This is just my opinion, but I do not think they will especially because the themes have been so different. And even if they do something special for anyone who has run all the virtual races, I do not think it will be much more than a different ribbon.

I think they try to make anniversary medals "extra" special, but even then the only difference between legacy runners and non legacy runners is that the legacy runners have a different ribbon. The medal itself has not been different for legacy runners.

I’m hoping Disney will start rolling out more virtual runs throughout the year...I’m a fan of nothing Marvel. Stinks to wait a whole other year.

Excited that the star wars virtual medals are on their way!

related but different topic - can someone point me to a thread about the resort Fun Runs? Looking for start date (or do they go all year?) and the details for each. would like to plan on doing at least one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter