2019 Summer Ticket Availability?

pkrieger2287

Senior Editor - DVC Fan
Does anyone know when tickets will be released for Summer 2019? Right now I only see available tickets through March 2019.

Thanks!

We bought our tickets for July from a 3rd party vendor since Universal didn’t have our dates available yet.

I'm not sure what you mean. If your talking about Universal Orlando they don't use a date system like WDW does. You can go buy your tickets right now for use anytime. The only ones with restrictions are the buy 2 get 2 days free which need to be used by May 31 2019. Unless I'm not understanding the question correctly.

When I go on their website and try to buy a 1 day 2 park ticket with Express I only have options through March.

Maybe the Express is the issue?

Ok, I see what your talking about now and sorry I don't know how they release the express pass schedule. You are choosing the Park Ticket + Express Combo button... You do have to choose dates that the express passes will be used, but this is not for the park ticket itself.

You can buy just the park tickets now and then add the express pass once they are released. Or, depending on how many people and if its possible you may want to look into staying at one of the deluxe on property resorts as they have Express built into the resort price. Also, one nights stay at the resort would get you 2 days of express pass for everyone on the reservation so you could even look into just a throw away room.

Ok, I see what your talking about now and sorry I don't know how they release the express pass schedule. You are choosing the Park Ticket + Express Combo button... You do have to choose dates that the express passes will be used, but this is not for the park ticket itself.

You can buy just the park tickets now and then add the express pass once they are released. Or, depending on how many people and if its possible you may want to look into staying at one of the deluxe on property resorts as they have Express built into the resort price. Also, one nights stay at the resort would get you 2 days of express pass for everyone on the reservation so you could even look into just a throw away room.

So we have 4 people and are staying all week on Disney property. You’re saying it may be cheaper if we actually book one night at a Universal Resort, even if we don’t stay there?

So we have 4 people and are staying all week on Disney property. You’re saying it may be cheaper if we actually book one night at a Universal Resort, even if we don’t stay there?

Yep

1 night @ Loews Royal Pacific for 2 adults/2kids ~$450 (depending on date and discount) which includes Unlimited Express Pass for all 4 for checkin and checkout days.

4 express passes for 2 days, at least $800 (rates aren't available for July yet).

Yes indeed. What are your dates and how many days at universal would you do?... Ill check it out.

Actually just realized the dates don't exactly matter because we cant see express pass pricing past May assuming you are going after that.

I looked at the last possible day you could grab an express / ticket combo with was May 8th 2019.

- 2 Day 2 Park Ticket with Express Combo is $1,819.96. (4 Adults)

If you grab the tickets + the hotel room it is about $300 cheaper.

2 park 2 day tickets for 4 adults = $1099.96
Room at Royal Pacific for 1 night = $437.62
------------
$1537.58

Ticket EP Combo $1819.96
Ticket & Room $1537.58
------------
$282.38 <---- what you would be saving.

Obvioulsy this will change a bit depending on pricing on your specific dates, but doing the room + tickets seems like a better value. You also get the bonus of having a hotel room on site that's a boat ride away in case you need a mid day break.

I have never understood the concept of a throwaway room. IMO Portofino, royal pacific, HRH are true deluxe resorts.

Appears you are staying @ AK-J. Not sure if you have booked on DVC points or thru CRO, but it’s so easy to do a spit stay. Gives you the best of both ‘worlds’. If you are able to modify your reservation, I urge you to consider lopping off the last night you have booked at WDW.

One night at the end of your trip will give you your arrival and departure day having FOTL at the deluxe properties.

Notice i said at the ‘end’ of your trip. If you start out onsite at U, you will surely find yourself standing in line @ WDW wishing for the same accommodation lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter