2019 reservations

MaggiesMomNJ

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know when Disney opens up resort reservations for 2019? We had an awesome time at GF but it killed me to leave without a trip booked (of course my hubby thinks I am nuts).

You can book room only now, only via phone. The rate quoted will be based on the current year's highest prices. It will likely be sometime in June or July before the rates for 2019 are finalized and published, and then available online.

You can book room-only up to 499 days out, which today would be around August 2. Someone on the resort parking thread said she just made three reservations, I'm guessing within that time period, and will actively monitor and modify them into 2019, 2020, and I think 2020. It was posted within the last two days if you want to search. Look in pages 90-93 of that thread.

I also heard if you book before the 21st of March(tomorrow) you don't have to pay the new parking fees. After tomorrow all new reservation will have to pay fee.

That's interesting...we are from NJ so no car but it was all over the local news there re: the parking fees.

So do you pay $200 or is it the first night (which is a lot more)?

Room Only = 1 night rate
Package = $200

And if you're booking now for 2019 that 1 night deposit will he the highest 1 nigjt rack rate from this year. So most likely more than $200.

I booked yesterday, I really want to go in August 2019 and stay at a deluxe and have a package deal with tickets and dining. Since yesterday was the last day to book without having to pay the parking fee when arriving, I booked.

Last year, prices for the following year came out in June. Previous to that, it was always August.

Yesterday, I was only able to book until July 2019 for room only. When the 2019 pricing comes out this year, I can modify the reservation to a package. Since package deposits are $200 and room only deposits are equivalent to 1 night rack rate of the resort you choose, I booked at an All Star resort and only gave a deposit of $165. When real package pricing comes out, I will change my dates and resort (Modify the reservation and keep the free parking).

Ok...I called and was told that I do have to pay the full night which is unfortunately $750.

The CM said that when packages come out, I have to cancel the RO and they will refund the credit card and then I can pay again for the package?? We really just want to start saving so I am wondering if it is better to open up a new bank account just for the trip so the money is set aside.

Ok...I called and was told that I do have to pay the full night which is unfortunately $750.

The CM said that when packages come out, I have to cancel the RO and they will refund the credit card and then I can pay again for the package??

That is correct.

We really just want to start saving so I am wondering if it is better to open up a new bank account just for the trip so the money is set aside.

Why not book now, keep it a Room Only and purchase discounted tickets?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!