2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Put down the deposit today! We'll be at POFQ for 6 nights. So glad I decided to use a TA again because I won't have to worry about registration day, especially since everyone in the group is running.

Put down the deposit today! We'll be at POFQ for 6 nights. So glad I decided to use a TA again because I won't have to worry about registration day, especially since everyone in the group is running.
How do you find a good ta for the rd events?

How do you find a good ta for the rd events?

I found my TA when I wanted to run PHM 2018 and it was sold out. I found his name through RD but the Disney Marketplace on FB has a ton of advertisers. I recommend someone who is an official runDisney TA, there are only about 15 or so. I can't post my TA's name but if you're really interested you can PM me.

I think I may have finally convinced myself that I need to do the 2019 princess half as my 1st Disney race!
Any recommendations on DVC accommodations from experience? Our home resorts are OKW, SS, BC, and GF.

If you're looking to watch the runners, GF is a great choice. Plus you have the monorail. If the course is the same, I believe the 10k goes past BC.

I've decided to do the Fairy Tale Challenge in 2019! It will be my first challenge :)

My friends will want to do the 10K and it might be the last year we get to Princess weekend together so I want to run with them BUT I really want to run through the castle and Magic Kingdom!

If you're looking to watch the runners, GF is a great choice. Plus you have the monorail. If the course is the same, I believe the 10k goes past BC.

We stayed at Beach Club for Princess weekend this year and it was great! My family was able to come outside and watch me run past during the 10K, and the drive to the start for both the 10K and the Half was short and easy.

I was home sick yesterday. Silver ling... I was able to call United and get my flight to Orlando booked. I had been tracking it for weeks and I knew exactly what flight worked. I won a bunch of United miles a few years back and I needed to use them. When 2/21 was finally open... that flight combo wasn't listed. Each segment was paired with different flights, but not together. It was there Wednesday and Friday- just not Thursday. But, I called and they were able to create it for us so we are set. Bonus- I needed to clear out the miles because United is not the best option from Phoenix... so we are flying first class! It is the red eye... hope that isn't a mistake, but we are going with it. It is basically the only flight that worked within our schedules.

We went to goodwill today looking for camping pans. Someone’s Great Aunt Ida must have donated her sweater/sweatshirt/jacket hybrid and it was marked down to $1. It is ugly as heck, but it seems warm so I snagged it for a throwaway! Felt like a score!

Hello! I know the race is geared toward women, but I’m a racing fool and this fits nicely into my race calendar next year. Someone told me that guys aren’t allowed in the front corrals. Is this true? Even if you are running in the 1:20s? Not a deal breaker, but I was just wondering. Thanks!

Hello! I know the race is geared toward women, but I’m a racing fool and this fits nicely into my race calendar next year. Someone told me that guys aren’t allowed in the front corrals. Is this true? Even if you are running in the 1:20s? Not a deal breaker, but I was just wondering. Thanks!

Guys are not allowed in corral A, but can be in corral B. Not much of a sacrifice because A (and the elites in front of A) only have a few hundred women. I don’t think starting in B will be a problem for you; there’s still quite a bit of running room for the first few miles. You can get there early and get into the front of the corral if needed.

Guys are not allowed in corral A, but can be in corral B. Not much of a sacrifice because A (and the elites in front of A) only have a few hundred women. I don’t think starting in B will be a problem for you; there’s still quite a bit of running room for the first few miles. You can get there early and get into the front of the corral if needed.
That changed this year. Men were in Corral A with the new larger corrals

Well hello there to all the rundisney princesses on here. I have definitely had the itch to sign up for another race. Baby #2 is due in August so I am not doing any races until November and I am in conservative mode these days. We had the prefect overcast 59 degree weather this morning and I would have loved to be running rather than working.

So how about a distraction for all of us? Anyone want to start talking about the best outfits that we saw for this year (or others)? Maybe we can stir up some great ideas for everyone and pass the time to the June sign up window. Don't get me wrong, the guys group dressed in full princess costume it a strong one, but I am partial to the super unique. How about yall?

Congrats on the new addition! This is my first Princess race. I bought an Ariel costume resale on Facebook already. Not super creative, I know, but she's my favorite! I may make DH a simple Eric costume- although we aren't likely running together. He wants one that says "Why are all these princesses chasing me?" so I was thinking having that make on the back of a white shirt and adding a red sash.

So how about a distraction for all of us? Anyone want to start talking about the best outfits that we saw for this year (or others)? Maybe we can stir up some great ideas for everyone and pass the time to the June sign up window. Don't get me wrong, the guys group dressed in full princess costume it a strong one, but I am partial to the super unique. How about yall?

2018 was my first runDisney event, so I was excited to see how committed everyone was to their costumes! I’ve gone done themed runs in the past, but nothing compares to the runDisney crowd!

The most memorable costume I saw was a woman who dressed as Tamatoa from Moana in the 5K. Her costume was phenomenal! Every piece was so detailed. She wore a “shiny” shell on her back the whole time, and I think it even lit up!

This is all over the marathon weekend thread, but it affects Princess as well, from the Princess's rundisney page -

UPDATE REGARDING REGISTRATION DATES. We are working to create a more streamlined race registration experience for runDisney participants. As a result, registration for the 2018-19 Walt Disney World race event weekends will be temporarily delayed; however, all races are still scheduled for this season as planned. Registration for this summer's Virtual Running Shorts Series and the June 5K will open on Thursday, April 12, 2018 at noon ET. We apologize for the delay and will have more information to share on June 1 regarding registration for all remaining races.

This is all over the marathon weekend thread, but it affects Princess as well, from the Princess's rundisney page -

UPDATE REGARDING REGISTRATION DATES. We are working to create a more streamlined race registration experience for runDisney participants. As a result, registration for the 2018-19 Walt Disney World race event weekends will be temporarily delayed; however, all races are still scheduled for this season as planned. Registration for this summer's Virtual Running Shorts Series and the June 5K will open on Thursday, April 12, 2018 at noon ET. We apologize for the delay and will have more information to share on June 1 regarding registration for all remaining races.

I saw that today and was like, seriously? I wonder if they are ditching Active and trying to take it in house? I guess I better go catch up on the Marathon thread. With the cruise we're taking next year I'm pushing that weekend (or rather a full/Dopey experience) out again so I haven't kept up on it.

OMG, I am having Star Wars Light Side flash backs from last year....

OMG, I am having Star Wars Light Side flash backs from last year....
But it says all scheduled as planned so I'm pretty sure they aren't canceling at least this time (Lightside fiasco was not good PR for sure!) :) I'm not doing Princess 2019, but it's on my radar for 2020 since I've never done it so I hope it sticks around.

I saw that today and was like, seriously? I wonder if they are ditching Active and trying to take it in house? I guess I better go catch up on the Marathon thread. With the cruise we're taking next year I'm pushing that weekend (or rather a full/Dopey experience) out again so I haven't kept up on it.

I was wondering the same thing especially since so many people were saying they thought the fraudulent credit card activity during PHM weekend was due to a hack through active.com.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter