2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Does anyone have a picture of last year’s pre-order jacket? I’m contemplating ordering one :-)

They change every year, so be aware of that. It also seems like they run small sometimes.
Agreed! I shared the link because @iheartglaciers asked for a picture of last year's jacket. I wish they shared what the jacket will look like, but I admittedly preordered anyway because FOMO is real for me... :rotfl:

Agreed! I shared the link because @iheartglaciers asked for a picture of last year's jacket. I wish they shared what the jacket will look like, but I admittedly preordered anyway because FOMO is real for me... :rotfl:

Thanks!! I just wanted to get an idea of what past jackets have looked like, though I realize they could be totally different for 2019... I'm feeling the FOMO! But I haven't bought it yet... still debating...

Thanks!! I just wanted to get an idea of what past jackets have looked like, though I realize they could be totally different for 2019... I'm feeling the FOMO! But I haven't bought it yet... still debating...

They were selling the pre-order jackets at the expo this year. Don’t know if they made too many, undersold during Pre-Sale or if this is something new they are doing??? RD changes things up too often. They’ll be selling different jackets at the expo too.

They change every year, so be aware of that. It also seems like they run small sometimes.

They run very small! I got a large and I'm a 6/8 so S/M in most things. The jacket quality was very cheap and I was sent a replacement since it was such poor quality. The jacket started pilling after two wears. I won't be buying it again.

In the past when we submitted our proof of time for the half marathon, we had to pick an estimated finish time. With this new system the only choice is less than 2:45. Is that correct? I didn't want to miss something. Thanks.

FYI for anyone interested - This year’s Dooney and Bourke bags are up on the events page and the buy products page.

In the past when we submitted our proof of time for the half marathon, we had to pick an estimated finish time. With this new system the only choice is less than 2:45. Is that correct? I didn't want to miss something. Thanks.

Yes, I've been corrected on this as I didn't register myself but you only need to submit a PoT if you expect to finish 2:45 or less. Anything above that you just select your expected finish time.

Yes, I've been corrected on this as I didn't register myself but you only need to submit a PoT if you expect to finish 2:45 or less. Anything above that you just select your expected finish time.
Right, but in the past we picked an estimated finish time: 2:01-2:15, 2:16-2:30, etc. That option is no longer there. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.

Right, but in the past we picked an estimated finish time: 2:01-2:15, 2:16-2:30, etc. That option is no longer there. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.

Right, from the screenshot Bree shared on page 36 I believe I don't think you have to select the estimated finish time anymore. Just the 2:45 or less. You didn't miss anything.

Right, from the screenshot Bree shared on page 36 I believe I don't think you have to select the estimated finish time anymore. Just the 2:45 or less. You didn't miss anything.

There's an estimated finish time in her second image, that I've pulled out here. But FIRST you choose faster or slower than 2:45, and THEN you choose the estimate, it seems.

This is what it looks like for over 2:45. There’s just a drop down box to select a finish time.

View attachment 359235

There is no second drop down box or a place to put estimated finish time for <2:45. All you enter is proof of time.

724E6CFD-6C7B-43B0-B023-B217665B57F4.png

53A42D2C-B784-40D1-B95D-E0F0C1479F5D.png

9628D8DC-9FD5-4658-8393-8C421FA3262E.png

Aha, so I was answering this question how I read it. I read it as wanting confirmation that there was only a drop down for faster than 2:45, and that’s not true.

But it seems it was wanting confirmation that for under 2:45 there wasn’t a dropdown.

I can still read the post in both ways. :)

Aha, so I was answering this question how I read it. I read it as wanting confirmation that there was only a drop down for faster than 2:45, and that’s not true.

But it seems it was wanting confirmation that for under 2:45 there wasn’t a dropdown.

I can still read the post in both ways. :)
Sorry. In my head it made sense. LOL

And I said mine wrong now that I'm re-reading it..I meant you didn't have to have PoT for over 2:45 just for under but I think ya'll got it all worked out :)

As for me I was not able to finish my half yesterday in 2:45 or less so will be sticking with the 2:45-3 range and not submitting a PoT as I finished with a 2:53 time. Still an improvement so I'll keep at it. I'm just excited to be doing my first Princess challenge. Really enjoyed the F&W Challenge in 2017 and I did my own version in Jan 2018 by doing the 10k and half although getting that 3rd medal is way better than not :) But since I'm not Dopey or Goofy I guess I will stick to the other Disney race challenges lol.

I just saw they released the themes for Star Wars races next year.... not fair...

I was thinking maybe Princess Vanellope Von Schweets (sp?), but that seems like too big of a gap between release later this month of Wreck it Ralph 2 and Princess weekend.

When the live action film Beauty & the Beast came out, that was the theme. B&B had a March release.

Disney’s March release for 2019 is Dumbo, so no good fit there. BUT, in May the live action Aladdin comes out - there’s some great theme potential there.

Live action Mulan release date: March 27, 2020.

So, there’s my really unscientific guess for the next two themes: Aladdin/Jasmine, and then Mulan.

I'm kind of baffled why Rapunzel isn't included in the Dooney and Bourke design. That caught me by surprise a bit.

I'm kind of baffled why Rapunzel isn't included in the Dooney and Bourke design. That caught me by surprise a bit.

My daughter and I have a theory about the bags. For 2018, the princesses on the bags were Ariel, Belle, Tiana, Aurora, Cinderella, Snow White, Merida, and Rapunzel. The last four were all themes for the medals (Cinderella's carriage for the challenge, Snow White for the half, Merida for the 10k, and Rapunzel for the 5k). This year the princesses on the Dooneys are Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel, Belle, Aurora, Tiana, Jasmine, and Mulan. The addition of Jasmine and Mulan makes us wonder if they will be on medals this time around. Aurora is way overdue, and it's time for Tiana as well. Purely speculation on our part, but it would be interesting if the bags provided a clue about the princesses used in 2019. I thought the pics of the 2018 Dooney bags were released after the medals were revealed last December, so I was surprised the 2019 bags were unveiled this early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!