NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

Am I reading it wrong or does the first post imply that the Winter 2019 dates will be released before the Summer 2019 dates? Or are you classing 'Winter' as the beginning of year?! I genuinely think I'm going date blind trying to figure out when I could book!!

They are probably referring to winter being January through April 2019.

Yes, my guess (from previous years' experiences) is somewhere between 9/28 and 11/9.

I explained it all in the first post of this thread (and I keep that first post updated with info as it comes out).
When were they released last year?

Originally thought about booking a Northern Europe cruise in 2019, but after looking at the pics and trip reports from Alaska I'm more inclined to book that one now, plus I think DH would really love Alaska.
Alaska was amazing!!!! My families favorite vacation followed by a week at Aulani.

Am I reading it wrong or does the first post imply that the Winter 2019 dates will be released before the Summer 2019 dates? Or are you classing 'Winter' as the beginning of year?! I genuinely think I'm going date blind trying to figure out when I could book!!

Yes, the wording follows how DCL tends to word their announcements. The definition of "winter" is in the first post:

"Winter": first cruise in the new year up to April/May (not including spring Panama Canal and Transatlantic)

Earlier it was posted that the 2019 prices would not show up on the internet until the general public could book. What is the rationale for that? It seems like it just makes it more difficult for their repeat customers to determine what choices they want. (Plus ties up their phone operators longer while people ask for different combinations of cabins and cruise dates).

I did my very first DCL in May 2017 and while I was onboard, the Fall 2018 sailings opened up. Was not sure why people were standing on line like they were ready to ride Space Mountain so I ignored the rush at first. Since I was such a rookie, I had to be schooled by my
much learned tablemates on what to do and how to do it ASAP! . I finally decided to sign up for the WBTA in Sept. 2018 but was but almost missed out!
Now I am a bit wiser, so when I stumbled upon this thread I was very happy. I would love to do a Panama cruise or a Mediterranean one in the future
so I may just do a place holder when I am on board in 2018. Is that a wise choice?? o_O

I did my very first DCL in May 2017 and while I was onboard, the Fall 2018 sailings opened up. Was not sure why people were standing on line like they were ready to ride Space Mountain so I ignored the rush at first. Since I was such a rookie, I had to be schooled by my
much learned tablemates on what to do and how to do it ASAP! . I finally decided to sign up for the WBTA in Sept. 2018 but was but almost missed out!
Now I am a bit wiser, so when I stumbled upon this thread I was very happy. I would love to do a Panama cruise or a Mediterranean one in the future
so I may just do a place holder when I am on board in 2018. Is that a wise choice?? o_O

If you think there is a decent chance you will be cruising within the next two years, it is always wise to book a placeholder while onboard to lock in the discount and onboard credit.

Interesting ? We want to plan a 7 day cruise feb/march 2019 , so I'll be following this forum

I'm following along. I'd like a good itinerary for summer 2019, but there is one in 2018 that looks good to me. Not sure if I should just go ahead and book that one or wait and see what's up for 2019. Oh, and kicking myself for not booking a placeholder cruise last spring. :sad:

I'm following along. I'd like a good itinerary for summer 2019, but there is one in 2018 that looks good to me. Not sure if I should just go ahead and book that one or wait and see what's up for 2019. Oh, and kicking myself for not booking a placeholder cruise last spring. :sad:

You could always book what you are thinking about for 2018 now. DCL deposits are fully refundable up to the day you have to make the full payment. Depending on which cruise you are looking at, the full payment day for 2018 could be after the 2019 itineraries are announced. Then you can just move the booking to 2019. If you let me know which 2018 cruise you are looking at, I can help figuring out how that timing would work in your case.

Hubby and I are looking for the Alaska cruises in July 2019....we have been on 3 Disney cruises but its been soooo long ago; like way back when there was only the magic and the wonder! Anyways.... our 25th anniversary is 2019 and Alaska is on our bucket list and we are so spoiled by Disney, it has to be a Disney ship that takes us there. Since we have sailed before I guess that makes us Silver? members? I'm looking forward to when they release the dates so we can book.... hoping for a 9 day itinerary. Any advice while I wait for the release? Should I book through a travel agent like dreams or through Costco or simply on my own? Also is there a thread that will tell me more about categories on board the ship? We will definitely want a verandah stateroom.... thanks all! Glad I found this thread!

Hubby and I are looking for the Alaska cruises in July 2019....we have been on 3 Disney cruises but its been soooo long ago; like way back when there was only the magic and the wonder! Anyways.... our 25th anniversary is 2019 and Alaska is on our bucket list and we are so spoiled by Disney, it has to be a Disney ship that takes us there. Since we have sailed before I guess that makes us Silver? members? I'm looking forward to when they release the dates so we can book.... hoping for a 9 day itinerary. Any advice while I wait for the release? Should I book through a travel agent like dreams or through Costco or simply on my own? Also is there a thread that will tell me more about categories on board the ship? We will definitely want a verandah stateroom.... thanks all! Glad I found this thread!
We're looking for a similar trip for our 30th. This board is very helpful.

Yes, you are Silver after your first cruise until after your fifth cruise.

The 9-day itinerary is very rare. I would not count on it.

As to the question about travel agency or not there are various opinions. I would suggest to use the search field and search for Costco or Dreams Unlimited and you will find plenty of threads. The search field automatically is set so that it only searches in the cruise board. Same for cabins, search for Alaska stateroom.

Earlier it was posted that the 2019 prices would not show up on the internet until the general public could book. What is the rationale for that? It seems like it just makes it more difficult for their repeat customers to determine what choices they want. (Plus ties up their phone operators longer while people ask for different combinations of cabins and cruise dates).
They're posted elsewhere. Someone should be posting a link when it happens with everything they've released. Not the room type, but dates and sailing destinations/ports. Generally if you're a repeat customer, you already have a decent idea of what category you prefer to stay in.

Just came back from Alaska on our first Disney cruise. We did a placeholder on board and would like to book a July 2019 sailing to celebrate our daughter's 13th birthday. Would appreciate any recommendations on Eastern vs. Western Caribbean. We had such a great time on our Alaskan cruise, I can't imagine sailing with anyone else!

You could always book what you are thinking about for 2018 now. DCL deposits are fully refundable up to the day you have to make the full payment. Depending on which cruise you are looking at, the full payment day for 2018 could be after the 2019 itineraries are announced. Then you can just move the booking to 2019. If you let me know which 2018 cruise you are looking at, I can help figuring out how that timing would work in your case.

Considering the Aug Magic that goes to Iceland, but not certain enough to book at this point.

Considering the Aug Magic that goes to Iceland, but not certain enough to book at this point.

Since the European cruises have a 120 day PIF date, you would have to pay this cruise in full by mid April. So, if they keep following the current pattern, my guess for the Summer 2019 itinerary release dates would be anytime between February 15, 2018 and April 5, 2018. With that you should be able to move your cruise booking from 2018 to 2019 if they release a better itinerary without any penalty.

The itinerary seems to be quite popular as prices have gone up quite a bit: https://touringplans.com/disney-cruise-line/tools/fare-tracker?utf8=✓&cruise=1581&roomcat=05B&og=8

So, I would recommend to book this now to get a foot in the door and then see if you want to move (or just cancel) before the PIF date.

Hope this helps!!

I'd love to do a Norway type itinerary with Disney, but we just can't talk ourselves into spending that kind of money when we could get the same itinerary for half the price on another line :worried:

Hanging out in here too. Hoping for a 5 day Halloween on the High Seas Baja Cruise for Sept/Oct 2019. :hmghost:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter