NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

Hawaii and Aulani were on our wish list for 2018, but DCL isn't going. We booked RCCL , Vancouver to Honolulu for September 2018. We have done this cruise before. We have found that trans Pacific was not as smooth as the Trans Atlantics we've done, but it is a way to get to see more of Hawaii than just Oahu.

Now, I'm waiting for DCL to announce WBTA for 2019.

Does Disney normally go to St. Marteen every year? If so, is it normally a specific time of the year, or does it differ?

The main issue with Disney's Hawaii ones is 'when' they hold them. They had them while kids were in school, and with those cruises being 10-15 days, it's too long to pull the kids out. If they had them during breaks...they'd probably sell better.

100% agree! This is exactly why we have never booked the Hawaiian cruise. This goes for school teachers, as they also cannot typically take two weeks off during the year.

Exactly! And this would also work with my desire to stay a couple nights at Aulani.

We flew round-trip in 2008 for our 30th. It's an exhausting 10 hours, but both flights were during the day. We packed a lot into that 24-days, including the 7-day cruise on NCL, a stay in Honolulu and a stay in Maui with a vow renewal. The thought of being able to get on the ship, tour the islands and stay on the ship to sail home just seems like a dream way to do it. Here's hoping!

We flew round-trip in 2008 for our 30th. It's an exhausting 10 hours, but both flights were during the day. We packed a lot into that 24-days, including the 7-day cruise on NCL, a stay in Honolulu and a stay in Maui with a vow renewal. The thought of being able to get on the ship, tour the islands and stay on the ship to sail home just seems like a dream way to do it. Here's hoping!

So you flew to Honolulu and NCL cruised the Hawaiian Islands?

So you flew to Honolulu and NCL cruised the Hawaiian Islands?

Yes -- they are the only line that is stationed over there and just cruises the islands (overnight in Maui), but I cannot recommend them personally -- that was the worst cruise experience we've ever had and they don't seem to have improved a whole lot since 2008, but we made the most of the ports (they did have great tours though).

We are also awaiting the (summer) 2019 itineraries and could use some help. Our immediate family has been on two DCL and don't really want to do anything shorter than 5 nights; preferably 7 nights in 2019.

We are also very hopeful that our extended family can join us in 2019 and experience some specific aspects of DCL, but also know the price is going to shock them. So, a few questions:
Is there an itinerary that leaves from Port Canaveral, is 5 nights long and includes Castaway Cay?
Does DCL sail from Galveston in summer months, and if so, would those itineraries include Castaway Cay?
Is there any approximate formula to help them understand how much to save ahead of time. I've told them we will book in early spring 2018 and each pay as they want until paid for, but it would be helpful if I could say "plan on $150 per person per night" or some sort of ballpark estimate of how much they need to spend.

We are also awaiting the (summer) 2019 itineraries and could use some help. Our immediate family has been on two DCL and don't really want to do anything shorter than 5 nights; preferably 7 nights in 2019.

We are also very hopeful that our extended family can join us in 2019 and experience some specific aspects of DCL, but also know the price is going to shock them. So, a few questions:
Is there an itinerary that leaves from Port Canaveral, is 5 nights long and includes Castaway Cay?
Does DCL sail from Galveston in summer months, and if so, would those itineraries include Castaway Cay?
Is there any approximate formula to help them understand how much to save ahead of time. I've told them we will book in early spring 2018 and each pay as they want until paid for, but it would be helpful if I could say "plan on $150 per person per night" or some sort of ballpark estimate of how much they need to spend.

The Wonder sails to/from Galveston on their way to/from Alaska where the Wonder spends the summer months. So DCL only does Galveston in the cooler months. A friend and her DD were on the Wonder for Christmas last winter and had a great time. They encountered fog as they left Galveston but the rest of the cruise had perfect weather.

I'm tuning in here! Just snagged the onboard rebooking deal and hoping to get an early 2019 booking as soon as they're released.

Really hoping I can get a decent price on the WBPC navigators verandah. Ill be securing a placeholder during my October cruise.

Originally thought about booking a Northern Europe cruise in 2019, but after looking at the pics and trip reports from Alaska I'm more inclined to book that one now, plus I think DH would really love Alaska.

So again, the "norm" for release for spring 2019 "might" be October?

So again, the "norm" for release for spring 2019 "might" be October?

Yes, my guess (from previous years' experiences) is somewhere between 9/28 and 11/9.

I explained it all in the first post of this thread (and I keep that first post updated with info as it comes out).

Am I reading it wrong or does the first post imply that the Winter 2019 dates will be released before the Summer 2019 dates? Or are you classing 'Winter' as the beginning of year?! I genuinely think I'm going date blind trying to figure out when I could book!!

Am I reading it wrong or does the first post imply that the Winter 2019 dates will be released before the Summer 2019 dates? Or are you classing 'Winter' as the beginning of year?! I genuinely think I'm going date blind trying to figure out when I could book!!

Winter = beginning of the year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter