NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

My TA has me give her a first, second, and third room choice prior to booking.

We just sent our TA a list of our 9 preferred rooms for the Fantasy so all we need to do is give her the dates once they become available. 8th deck is my new favorite on the dream class ships.
We're only silver so we get a few days to ponder before we can book.

I see that the one and only 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise in 2018 is almost all booked up. Do they normally only have one per year? Or was this one just a fluke?

I see that the one and only 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise in 2018 is almost all booked up. Do they normally only have one per year? Or was this one just a fluke?

For quite some time they did not have anything longer than 5 nights on the Mexican Riviera. So, the one 7 night one was already an improvement.

We just sent our TA a list of our 9 preferred rooms for the Fantasy so all we need to do is give her the dates once they become available. 8th deck is my new favorite on the dream class ships.
We're only silver so we get a few days to ponder before we can book.

That's how we do it, too. She knows my preferred rooms, and I just tell her what itineraries I am interested in and what months. Here's hoping we can afford something in 2019 -- I'll be retiring and it would be a nice retirement gift, plus I want to (finally) use my platinum benefits.

I checked my confirmation email from last year, they were released the week of Oct 27? because that is the date I have for booking.

Oh ok so it was late October, was thinking it was early October last year... hopefully we hear something next week

Anyone remember how much lead time we get with the announcement before booking opens for Platinum members? If it opens the same time as last year, we may see an announcement tomorrow or Friday *crosses fingers*

Anyone remember how much lead time we get with the announcement before booking opens for Platinum members? If it opens the same time as last year, we may see an announcement tomorrow or Friday *crosses fingers*

Not sure if the new castaway club rules were functioning last year, but now platinum opens on a dedicated day, even before gold.

Not sure if the new castaway club rules were functioning last year, but now platinum opens on a dedicated day, even before gold.
So Plat Day 1, Gold Day 2, Silver Day 3, Open to everyone Day 4. For them to open to everyone Thurs or Fri, they would have to open to platinum on a Mon or Tues, which means they would make the announcement the week before (not on a Sat/Sun).

Just speculating, does that sound about right?

So if you are booking your first Platinum cruise (your 11th cruise), do you get to book on Day 1 or Day 2? Really the question is when do you become platinum? Is it the day after you get off your 10th cruise, or the first day of your 11th cruise? I know they say it is after your 10th cruise, so I am hoping...

So if you are booking your first Platinum cruise (your 11th cruise), do you get to book on Day 1 or Day 2? Really the question is when do you become platinum? Is it the day after you get off your 10th cruise, or the first day of your 11th cruise? I know they say it is after your 10th cruise, so I am hoping...
When you are off your 10th cruise, you are considered platinum (I think). Booking opened up in May while we were on the transatlantic cruise and we weren't considered silver (TA was our first cruise) until after we got off the cruise. So I would assume it would be after your 10th cruise was finished?

When you are off your 10th cruise, you are considered platinum (I think). Booking opened up in May while we were on the transatlantic cruise and we weren't considered silver (TA was our first cruise) until after we got off the cruise. So I would assume it would be after your 10th cruise was finished?

Yes, that is correct. As soon as you finish the 10th cruise, you will see the little dial on your Castaway Club page change to show you are Platinum :)

All the info about how booking works (or how it worked in he past, of course DCL can change it up every time) is in post #1, historical release dates are in post #3.

Last year was end of October, the year before it was early October.

I would expect itineraries to be announced on a Thursday with bookings opening on a Monday (for Platinum). That would align with the last round of releases under the new booking priority process. So, I would expect that to be either a week or two weeks from today.

My money was on the announcement coming out today. Boo.

I was hoping today, but now that it's PM in the east coast I'm not betting on it. Could be tomorrow or a Friday I suppose. They wouldn't have to leave that extra day in. Or, they could shock us and do a Monday and open bookings on Wednesday (Platinum) and the following Monday for the general population.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter