NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

Curious to see what February 2019 holds. Hoping to do a b2b. Hoping the Magic or Wonder is sailing out of PC. We've done a b2b on them for the last few February's.

Does anyone know what time of day phone lines are likely to open for platinum bookings, when dates are released? Thanks!

Does anyone know what time of day phone lines are likely to open for platinum bookings, when dates are released? Thanks!

Platinum here too, but sorry.....just wanted to say that this is when my TA earns her commission. She sends us the itineraries before opening day for Platinum members and we tell her what we might want, or how to use our placeholder. She pretty much spends the entire day booking for her people. Believe me, I'm glad she's doing it and not us. I hear its tough to get through on opening day!

Platinum here too, but sorry.....just wanted to say that this is when my TA earns her commission. She sends us the itineraries before opening day for Platinum members and we tell her what we might want, or how to use our placeholder. She pretty much spends the entire day booking for her people. Believe me, I'm glad she's doing it and not us. I hear its tough to get through on opening day!
That sounds like more of a reason NOT to use a TA. If there really is that much competition for specific cabins on opening day, you want to be calling in the morning, not be the person who a travel agent is trying to book a cabin for 8 hours after the booking window opens. (SOMEONE has to be the last person for the TA to attempt to make a booking for!)

My TA has gotten me the exact cabin I wanted, so don't know. I believe once they call, they take care of all their clients on one call.

That sounds like more of a reason NOT to use a TA. If there really is that much competition for specific cabins on opening day, you want to be calling in the morning, not be the person who a travel agent is trying to book a cabin for 8 hours after the booking window opens. (SOMEONE has to be the last person for the TA to attempt to make a booking for!)

Not every client will have a very specific room that they want. A good TA will anticipate which bookings are the ones that need to be dealt with first (for example secret porthole room on a special itinerary) and which can be dealt with later on (just a request for a mid-ship veranda on a standard 4-night on the Dream). It ultimately is a question of how specific your wishes are and how much you trust your TA.

Actually, that's not true. I've used a TA for more than a decade and (1) they call in on a different line than the public and (2) she has never failed to get me my favorite room -- one of the "secret verandahs" each and every time, something I know I would not have accomplished by calling in on the public line since they are in such high demand. And you also get an onboard credit with a TA ;)

Actually, that's not true. I've used a TA for more than a decade and (1) they call in on a different line than the public and (2) she has never failed to get me my favorite room -- one of the "secret verandahs" each and every time, something I know I would not have accomplished by calling in on the public line since they are in such high demand. And you also get an onboard credit with a TA ;)

Not all travel agencies give onboard credit. I booked several of my DCL "Disney internet fan cruises" with a particular agency because I had to in order to be part of the group. However, I liked the travel agent I had so much that I continued to book with her for subsequent, non-group cruises.

Not all travel agencies give onboard credit. I booked several of my DCL "Disney internet fan cruises" with a particular agency because I had to in order to be part of the group. However, I liked the travel agent I had so much that I continued to book with her for subsequent, non-group cruises.

You're right - I should have worded it that "you might also get an onboard credit with a TA".

Newbie question... We just finished up our first cruise ever last week, a 3 night on the Dream and loved it so we did a placeholder booking. Can those go to a TA for when new itineraries are released? Our cruise was a gift, so I've never really looked into anything about booking cruises before.

Newbie question... We just finished up our first cruise ever last week, a 3 night on the Dream and loved it so we did a placeholder booking. Can those go to a TA for when new itineraries are released? Our cruise was a gift, so I've never really looked into anything about booking cruises before.

I believe it would need to be transferred to a TA within 30 days of booking the placeholder. And it would likely be a lower OBC given if the TA gives OBC.

Joining this thread - we have our eyes on a Norwegian fjord cruise in summer 2019!

I know there used to be a thread for prices booked when cruises opened - trying to get a sense for how current 2018 prices compare to booking right when they get released? (I'm sorry - I'm sure this is asked a million times!)

Any advice on how far in advance to choose and connect with a travel agent for booking?

Joining this thread - we have our eyes on a Norwegian fjord cruise in summer 2019!

I know there used to be a thread for prices booked when cruises opened - trying to get a sense for how current 2018 prices compare to booking right when they get released? (I'm sorry - I'm sure this is asked a million times!)

Any advice on how far in advance to choose and connect with a travel agent for booking?
The person does it in 'parts ' for the same stages that Disney releases them. This thread from last year shows the Jan-April/May releases: https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...april-may-magic-wonder-dream-fantasy.3556836/

I would suggest to connect with a TA ASAP. No one here knows when these will Ben released and you need to make sure that you and your TA are on the same page :)

Not every client will have a very specific room that they want. A good TA will anticipate which bookings are the ones that need to be dealt with first (for example secret porthole room on a special itinerary) and which can be dealt with later on (just a request for a mid-ship veranda on a standard 4-night on the Dream). It ultimately is a question of how specific your wishes are and how much you trust your TA.
Exactly, I tell my agent my preferred deck and location, always aft, and room category, she takes it from there and books it. East for me.

What is a secret verandah? Or a secret porthole?

Is there a good thread for a total newbie to the Disney Cruises? We just decided we want to do this in Spring 2019 and it looks like we will have to make some decisions soon.

What is a secret verandah? Or a secret porthole?

A secret verandah is one of the verandahs that have a slight metal piece that comes over one side of the verandah -- curving over one side to slightly cut the square corner (see photos below).

In the beginning on the old ships, they were charged regular verandah price - but then passengers started complaining that they felt it wasn't a "full" verandah -- so Disney dropped the pricing for those four rooms to the Navigator's verandah price. Personally, I think it's silly -- but love the pricing. The piece truly takes very little away from it being considered a full verandah. We especially like them because they provide a little extra shade. There are four -- two port and two starboard -- on decks 6 & 7: 6134, 6634, 7120, 7620. You will notice that the ones on Deck 6 have less of an obstruction then those on Deck 7. Here's the photos:

upload_2017-10-10_9-2-44.jpeg 7120 upload_2017-10-10_9-3-28.jpeg 6134 upload_2017-10-10_9-4-6.jpeg 6634
7120ar.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter