2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great reviews and photos!
Thanks for sharing.
@Chisoxcollector - thank you for all your pictures and comments. I am getting very hungry!
Thanks for sharing your pictures and thoughts!

My pleasure!

I attended an event or 2 with him in years past and he's tremendous. Amazing story-teller, fascinating perspective, and seems to be an all-around great person. I'm regretting not purchasing a ticket for his event as well. I hope you enjoy. And love the sortable list and ratings of 2019 items linked in your signature!! I will use that as a guide on my next visit for sure.
Andrew Zimmern is the one chef that we make a point of seeing every year. We were disappointed he wasn't here last year.

Thanks for the kind words regarding the sortable table in my signature. I couldn't figure out a way to list everything with pictures here. So that was my solution! Also, I just added prices to all of the items in the table.

Last edited:
Damn, that looks cool. Sadly, the only Sunday night we're there is completely booked already. I guess it's not surprising given the low cost and the fact that the MNF game is the Patriots.

Thinking about doing less of the booths and instead doing the Mexican Tequila Pairing now I've seen the menu has no nuts in the dishes (not allergic just hate them). There might not even be any availability, but it does happen on my birthday, which might be a great day to do it.

I'm doing the tailgate on Sunday, Bears/Redskins. I'm encouraged by the review. I understand this event was free last year, though.

We were back at it again today. Today we tried 10 new items (meaning we haven't had them this year), bringing our total to 55 items tried this year.

Ropa Vieja Empanada (Islands of the Caribbean) - 8.0 - Tastes exactly like last year. Somewhat crispy, with tasty shredded beef inside. Tomato aioli helps keep it from being too dry.

ropa_vieja_empanada.jpg

Wuxi Spareribs (China) - 7.5 - Very meaty and tender. Flavor was pretty good but not great. There is a hint of sweetness.

wuxi_spareribs.jpg

Quesito (Islands of the Caribbean) - 7.5 - Flaky, with lots of cream cheese inside. I wish there was more guava sauce.

quesito.jpg

Croissant aux Escargots (France) - 7.0 - Not as garlicky or buttery as I remembered. Still pretty good.

croissant_aux_escargots.jpg

New Brunswick Slider (Hops & Barley) - 7.0 - This would be an 8.0 if it wasn't drowning in the horseradish sauce. The meat was tender and flavorful, and the fried onions added a nice crunch.

new_brunswick_slider.jpg

Teriyaki Chicken Bun (Japan) - 7.0 - I didn't try this, but my wife said "It's okay. It's sweet and savory with a heavy ginger flavor".

teriyaki_chicken_bun.jpg

Piri Piri Skewered Shrimp (Africa) - 7.0 - These tasted heavily of paprika. I like paprika, so they were okay. Unfortunately, they were quite overcooked and rubbery.

piri_piri_skewered_shrimp.jpg

Fromage Montage Cheesecake (Shimmering Sips) - 7.0 - This is the reward for completing Emile's Fromage Montage. It's tiny, like two bites worth. It tastes like regular cheesecake with a white chocolate disc on top.

fromage_montage_cheesecake.jpg

Frangipane Peach Tart (Sommerfest) - 6.5 - Wasn't quite sweet enough for me. The peach is from a can.

frangipane_peach_tart.jpg

Roasted Irish Sausage (Ireland) - 5.5 - My wife and I both didn't care for this. Had a weird spice profile going on.

roasted_irish_sausage.jpg
Was the empanada spicy at all? Thanks!

Hi, does anyone know of a printable checklist with all of the booths and food? Trying to organize my “must try list” before I get to the parks with my three lovely, but very needy and distracting, kids. I have looked and am not finding anything. Thanks!

Hi, does anyone know of a printable checklist with all of the booths and food? Trying to organize my “must try list” before I get to the parks with my three lovely, but very needy and distracting, kids. I have looked and am not finding anything. Thanks!
There is a great app that someone told me about. It is not official, but it is excellent. Just search for it in your App Store. It has a map and you can check off items you’d like to try or have tried already.

I’m having a real quandary. I’m trying to plan a “last minute” solo trip over Veterans Day weekend and considering the Parisian Breakfast vs. Parisian Afternoon. My concerns on the breakfast is that it’s carb heavy and there won’t be enough savory options. I’m also worried I will be too stuffed to enjoy booths. My concerns on the afternoon are mainly that I’m allergic to tree nuts and I’ve heard macarons are served, plus how long it takes. This is my one trip to the fest this year and trying to make the most of it with all the crowds is making me anxious.

I will be staying at Beach Club though and as an alternative am wondering if I shouldn’t just skip these events altogether and try the Ale & Compass breakfast buffet instead. Anyone been to these events and have an opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter