2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been to wdw over 50 times & first time doing f & w 😳😳 we had the best time & best food!! It was 6 of us & this is going to b our annual thing now🍷
This past sat was a down pour in the am but we were prepared with rain jackets & Uber drop off, it turned out to b the prettiest, breezist day🌴
Bare with me posting these pics

Attachments

• 1BB7BC20-6D7B-4A71-8AC6-FFE77D4B607F.jpeg
    1BB7BC20-6D7B-4A71-8AC6-FFE77D4B607F.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 9370E72B-2D6F-42CA-AC9E-1D33749B60A7.jpeg
    9370E72B-2D6F-42CA-AC9E-1D33749B60A7.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 60523E2D-136F-435F-B3F6-C781D2C53C48.jpeg
    60523E2D-136F-435F-B3F6-C781D2C53C48.jpeg
    25.1 KB · Views: 42
  • E18E00B7-C861-485A-8535-E0969D2DC1F9.jpeg
    E18E00B7-C861-485A-8535-E0969D2DC1F9.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 59A56DBB-E4F0-4408-B006-607848A73C81.jpeg
    59A56DBB-E4F0-4408-B006-607848A73C81.jpeg
    38.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 4548340A-0519-40BB-9550-EBDB79A8E3F3.jpeg
    4548340A-0519-40BB-9550-EBDB79A8E3F3.jpeg
    29.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 37E8963B-97FF-4923-8E67-3407A509F337.jpeg
    37E8963B-97FF-4923-8E67-3407A509F337.jpeg
    25.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 2127BBBC-C638-46E6-B06D-3F4B0A22D618.jpeg
    2127BBBC-C638-46E6-B06D-3F4B0A22D618.jpeg
    28.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 4D1451BE-058D-4FDB-8918-64FF09BF8658.jpeg
    4D1451BE-058D-4FDB-8918-64FF09BF8658.jpeg
    24.9 KB · Views: 34
  • A27B01D8-6CD0-428B-A306-45729FFABEDF.jpeg
    A27B01D8-6CD0-428B-A306-45729FFABEDF.jpeg
    32.4 KB · Views: 32
More pics
Italy was our favorite with the ravioli & Italian margarita
-France- escargot croissant
-maple cheesecake - everything @ cheese studio was good
-oh the Bailey shake in Ireland 😋
- scallops & seafood dip

Attachments

• F6025FB3-18E0-4F18-B2A8-5AD33ECA76FB.jpeg
    F6025FB3-18E0-4F18-B2A8-5AD33ECA76FB.jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 3C62EB22-AD1B-4222-B5D5-2B34960E5C84.jpeg
    3C62EB22-AD1B-4222-B5D5-2B34960E5C84.jpeg
    25 KB · Views: 32
  • 52660CB8-E84A-4E2D-BF6C-EAAF85F663A7.jpeg
    52660CB8-E84A-4E2D-BF6C-EAAF85F663A7.jpeg
    30.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 682E64B4-2C7E-4471-9806-34222966A82D.jpeg
    682E64B4-2C7E-4471-9806-34222966A82D.jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 960F88A4-738A-45AC-83D1-76332A296D33.jpeg
    960F88A4-738A-45AC-83D1-76332A296D33.jpeg
    24.1 KB · Views: 32
  • A2C936B1-513D-412B-A5B1-73F54CC02E6B.jpeg
    A2C936B1-513D-412B-A5B1-73F54CC02E6B.jpeg
    23.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 8203B0CC-BF14-40A1-BDCB-F28A1AF42B54.jpeg
    8203B0CC-BF14-40A1-BDCB-F28A1AF42B54.jpeg
    19.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 260D814A-FF77-44FF-83DF-BF28EA64A21C.jpeg
    260D814A-FF77-44FF-83DF-BF28EA64A21C.jpeg
    15.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 75300C8C-ADA0-48A8-AC05-FDDB01898636.jpeg
    75300C8C-ADA0-48A8-AC05-FDDB01898636.jpeg
    22.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 83346F22-254C-43EC-939D-C080A9CB36D2.jpeg
    83346F22-254C-43EC-939D-C080A9CB36D2.jpeg
    31.3 KB · Views: 26
Does anyone know if the Bailey’s & Guinness shake has chocolate in it? I know they sprinkle chocolate shavings on it, but I’m asking about if it’s mixed in the actual shake. My sis-in-law would love it but she is allergic to chocolate. I’m hoping we can get one without the shavings that she can enjoy. Thanks!

Does anyone know if the Bailey’s & Guinness shake has chocolate in it? I know they sprinkle chocolate shavings on it, but I’m asking about if it’s mixed in the actual shake. My sis-in-law would love it but she is allergic to chocolate. I’m hoping we can get one without the shavings that she can enjoy. Thanks!
It has chocolate syrup in it

Funny memory popped up on my Facebook this morning from my 2013 F&W trip:

“One glass of French Champagne for $12.50. One glass of sparkling brut from Argentina for $2.50. Looks like that math degree from Fordham is finally paying off.”

A wine sample from a booth for $2.50. Those were the days! I think the champagne from the booth in France is now $14. Not a bad increase in 6 years.

Can you please tell me the locations where I can buy the Remy Scavenger Hunt Map? We always enter through IG and the store near there was sold out last year and we had to go alllll the way to the festival center. Thanks!

Can you please tell me the locations where I can buy the Remy Scavenger Hunt Map? We always enter through IG and the store near there was sold out last year and we had to go alllll the way to the festival center. Thanks!

They still had them in stock at the store at the IG as of yesterday. Also available in at least one of the two stores where Future World meets World Showcase. I believe these are the only places to redeem for the prize. Not sure if the map only is available elsewhere. No Festival Center this year.

They still had them in stock at the store at the IG as of yesterday. Also available in at least one of the two stores where Future World meets World Showcase. I believe these are the only places to redeem for the prize. Not sure if the map only is available elsewhere. No Festival Center this year.
Thank you so much. I really hope we can buy at the IG location. We start the hunt as soon as we walk in! By chance, do you know of an easy answer key to where Remy is for each location (even just - he's on the festival booth or he's in the country?). Thanks again!

I went last night after work and saw the funniest thing. There were 3 guys in front of me that ordered 6 Red Stripe beers. After they are given the total, one of the guys says "This is the best deal ever!". Once they receive their pours that same guy said "$4.50 for these cups? This is the worst deal ever"

We were there last weekend. I think this was a new item bc I don’t remember it but I could be wrong. It was a surprise favorite of mine of the festival.
Morocco- Strip steak green shermoula flatbread. It looked more like a Mexican taco. It was delicious. I actually skipped something else the next day to get it again.
I also really enjoyed the Aulani sunrise drink- Hawaii. I like the souvenir cup it came in. It was refreshing on a HOT day.
We also rode the gondolas over to HS. I was a little nervous but they were a nice ride. It was a hot day. There was a nice breeze, not sure what it’ll be like in the summer.
Cant wait til next year!!

I attended a few F&W events this past week and thought I’d share a bit for anyone curious about these events for the future.

First up was the Tailgate Tasting hosted by ESPN’s Monday Night Football. Held on select Sundays at 6:30pm in the World ShowPlace pavilion (between the UK and Canada); the official event description is below:

Get ready to host the best Monday Night Football viewing party on the block!
During this 45-minute program, you’ll enjoy a flight of 3 sample-sized food items, served with a complementary beverage tasting, inspired by the cities playing in the Monday night game each week. The best part—you’ll get a chance to learn from culinary experts how to make these dishes at home!

While a free event in 2018 (I didn’t attend last year), it was $19 this year. Some context, I am not a football fan. Like not really at all. But I AM a fan of the snack food that tends to go along with watching and I generally love cooking demonstrations and learning about different dishes. I was already planning to be in Epcot that day and the two teams playing were both from New England (NY Jets & Patriots), where I’m originally from, so I hoped that I’d get some comfort food and was also interested in trying out a new event.

Spoiler alert: I didn’t love it and probably wouldn’t do it again.

I think I arrived at World ShowPlace somewhere around ~6 and as with the other events being held there, there was a line forming outside. Cast members went through the line and checked names off the list. You didn’t receive any paper ticket or anything. I am not sure why I was surprised given the event title, but I was surprised by how many were wearing team jerseys.

I think they opened the doors ~6:15 or 6:20. We entered single file and a host asked your party size (much like entering an attraction) and then directed you to a table. At each table the beverage samples were already poured and there was a team apron hanging over each chair. They were evenly distributed alternating the team each chair. There were several at our table who wanted the other team's apron. One went to try to switch with an apron on an open chair and was shut down by a CM ... but that CM later brought her the apron she wanted explaining that they couldn't allow a swapping free for all or it would be chaos. I'm not sure if the others were able to switch theirs or not. So bottom line, I wouldn't count on being able to get your team's apron.

The aprons are polyester and are reversible and have what I understand is a funny "inside joke" from each team on one side and an ESPN logo on the other side. I thought the aprons were a really great touch but I can see being disappointed if you weren't able to get "your" team's. The consensus at our table was that they should have been able to indicate who they were rooting for when they registered. You can see the host wearing the Patriot's apron in the next photo.

The host I've seen do other WDW events but not F&W events. He was very engaging, super high energy, and very into audience participation. He came into the audience several times over the course of the ~40 minute event to talk with different attendees. I'd like to see him host other food & wine events in the future but I will say it didn't seem like he had a lot of culinary knowledge … he would basically read the beverage description verbatim and even commented that he didn't know what something meant and went to a beer connoisseur in the audience for commentary. But all in all he was a very good host who improvised, kept things moving and adapted well as things happened -- definitely not an easy skill!!

IMG-8665 (2).JPG

The featured chef was a WDW chef; I forget where he was currently working. They mentioned that he had done a few of these events in past weeks. He had a great sense of humor and kept his composure when a couple of things went wrong in his prep but it was a bit obvious that he was earlier in his career and still learning about doing demos and what to mention/explain etc. Also the set-up isn't great for demos. There's no stovetop or anything to actually cook so the chef can only do the prep and in terms of a camera it's only shown on the screen in the upper left.

The menu, unfortunately, just didn't appeal to me but that is a matter of individual taste. I think the others at the table really enjoyed the items we had. I did like the apple bar but the other two just weren't for me. The menu is below. In terms of portion size, as advertised it is sample-size so I wouldn't plan on this event serving as dinner on its own.
  • New England Seafood Mac and Cheese cakes with Clam Sauce paired with Once Upon a Vine The Fairest Chardonnay
  • High Octane BBQ Chicken Legs with Onion Fries paired with Blue Point Mad Sea'd Sea Salt Watermelon Lager
  • North East Apple Crumb Bars paired with Ciderboy Madbark Apple Cider

The event depends a fair bit on audience participation and there wasn't a ton of it in this session so I felt for the host and chef who tried to keep things going. It felt a little awkward to me at a couple of points.

At the end of the presentation (~40-45 min) there was an option to go over to the side of the room where you had an option to step in front of a "green screen" and film your own Monday Night Football commercial. I assume they emailed you the video (I didn't stay). This was really cute for big fans and probably the only point where wearing your team gear really came into play.

So, all in all, for me -- not a big football fan so neutral about an apron, not interested in making a video, not a big fan of the menu that evening (which you don't know until you get there) -- I probably wouldn't do the event again.

Last edited:
Next on my list last week was the Italian Food, Wine vs. Beer Pairing. OMG -- so good. In short, I can completely understand why this event consistently gets rave reviews and is relatively tough to reserve. It's well-deserved and I will, for sure, be back next year. I'd go back again this year if there was availability and I could get time off!

For any not familiar, this event is $99 and offered on select Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:30-4:15pm at Via Napoli. The official description:
Discover authentic Italian dishes with an original twist—expertly prepared and served with regional beverages.
Guests choose culinary delights from an amazing menu filled with robust flavors adored the world over. Sit down to a 5-course gourmet meal paired with the chef’s own impeccable selection of Italian wines and craft beer—all chosen to complement his/her original recipes.
One taste is all it takes to see why Italian cuisine warms the heart and satisfies the palate. Mangiare!

The general theme is that for each of the courses, you vote as to whether the selected wine or beer was the better pairing and at the end one (wine or beer) "wins" … but really everyone wins because the food and beverage is just that good! The entire staff was knowledgeable and there was a friendly competition going on between the ladies presenting the wine and the beer. I'll also note that refills were freely available if anything that you particularly enjoyed.

The event was to begin at 1:30 and I think I walked up ~1:05 or so. There was a host stand set up outside to the right of the regular entrance and I (correctly) assumed that was the line. Around 1:15 or so they started checking in parties one by one. You checked in, then stepped to the side where their typical outdoor tables are. Parties were called individually by a host and brought to their assigned table just as in the restaurant. Either while waiting or when your host brought you in, each guest received a glass of white sangria.

Sitting down to this, you pretty much know it's going to be a fun afternoon!
Seating was assigned (the event was held in the side room -- to the right as you walk up if you can envision it) and I must say that I completely lucked out in the table department. I was a solo party sat with a party of 4 and 3, respectively (table of 8), -- they were all beyond delightful and we were all old friends by the end of the lunch. I'm going to slightly amend the famous Julia Child quote and say that "people who love Disney and love to eat are the best people."

One of my favorite things about these F&W events is discovering new dishes and especially discovering that I actually like something I could have sworn I didn't. Eggplant would fall into that latter category. I was disappointed when I saw it on the menu but it was delicious! I suppose it's tough to go wrong when fried and served in cream sauce...

Anyone else see the hidden Mickey's in my pizza?? I know some don't like the Via Napoli pizza but I love it and this was as good as it ever is.

The third course was my least favorite and a little "fishy" for my taste but still good

Next came a cheese course ... I was full after the pizza so this was a welcome "break"

I didn't expect to like the dessert not really being a sweets person and not liking pistachio but I was wrong... again, delicious!

I can't recall if I voted wine or beer course by course but I surprised myself by choosing the beer for at least two courses when I'd generally consider myself a wine drinker. As I said, there was a friendly competition between the two ladies presenting the wine and beer and it made for a fun environment overall. The room definitely got progressively louder and louder as the drinks were flowing. I thought the hosts did a nice job of quieting people down to listen to the presentation when the time came.

The event ran right up to 4:15 and upon leaving we were each gifted with a small box of Italian cookies as a favor to take home. The hospitality at this event overall was impressive. I'm not just talking about the ease with which refills were provided but also the general friendliness of the staff. I did the Italian Regional Lunch at Tutto Gusto last year and while I also loved that and would do that event again as well, there were no (or begrudging) refills and servers seemed much more formal. Very different vibes for two events in the same pavilion and same operating company.

I had zero appetite for dinner this evening so definitely plan accordingly if booking this event in the future.

Also, for anyone curious, a couple of people at my table had dietary restrictions and someone came out to talk with each of them about their restrictions in detail and they received modified dishes, as appropriate.

That's all the details I can think of. I LOVED this event. My tablemates, the food, the service, the beer and wine... all made for a perfect afternoon. Highly recommend.

Last edited:
Having a great time at food & wine! We have the Parisian breakfast at 9:15am Saturday & I was wondering if anyone could point me to a resource for how to get to the parks during the run Disney events? DHS opens at 6am but the 10K starts at 5:30am. Even the road closure map is pretty low-tech & they don’t have anything on the RD website that says like “take the bus to DHS and then the gondola to Epcot” or whatever. Thanks! Here’s some pics of what we’ve eaten! Pro tip, be sure to check out the cider thing in Canada! They were all delicious and it’s indoors in the AC.449003449004449005449006449007

For those of you who ate only or primarily from the festival food booths during a day at EPCoT, how many snacks would you estimate you purchased? Or, to put it another way, how many festival snacks are equivalent to a day's worth of food?

For context, I am planning to attend the International Festival of the Holidays, and spend at least one day at EPCoT eating all of the amazing festival booth food! I'll be on the DDP and I'm wondering approximately how many snack credits to budget for that day.

Sorry if this has already been answered, I couldn't find it but 70 pages is a lot of posts to go through!

For those of you who ate only or primarily from the festival food booths during a day at EPCoT, how many snacks would you estimate you purchased? Or, to put it another way, how many festival snacks are equivalent to a day's worth of food?

I ate 5 in one day as a single traveler, and of course that didn't count a small breakfast as the booths aren't open then. I don't tend to eat large meals, and paired a savory dish with a sweet one a little later. It also would depend on the dish you order, as some were quite large, some were small.

ETA: As I recall the Holiday food booths had some full-size entree items (bigger than the Food and Wine portions), and some smaller items too, so that may change things.

I ate 5 in one day as a single traveler, and of course that didn't count a small breakfast as the booths aren't open then. I don't tend to eat large meals, and paired a savory dish with a sweet one a little later. It also would depend on the dish you order, as some were quite large, some were small.

ETA: As I recall the Holiday food booths had some full-size entree items (bigger than the Food and Wine portions), and some smaller items too, so that may change things.
Thank you! This gives me a starting point, so it is extremely helpful. I'm sure once I get there, how many I actually use will change (I tend to not plan out my snack credits as carefully as my TS or QS credits anyway), but I didn't even know where to start guessing!

Having a great time at food & wine! We have the Parisian breakfast at 9:15am Saturday & I was wondering if anyone could point me to a resource for how to get to the parks during the run Disney events? DHS opens at 6am but the 10K starts at 5:30am. Even the road closure map is pretty low-tech & they don’t have anything on the RD website that says like “take the bus to DHS and then the gondola to Epcot” or whatever. Thanks! Here’s some pics of what we’ve eaten! Pro tip, be sure to check out the cider thing in Canada! They were all delicious and it’s indoors in the AC.View attachment 449003View attachment 449004View attachment 449005View attachment 449006View attachment 449007
Where are you staying? The IG should open at 9 this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter