2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been so long since I've posted!! We haven't visited in 4 years but it feels like a lifetime ago and now we are brining our 2 year old son for the first time.
So pumped for food and wine but I'm a bit rusty, snack credits at the festival with the dinning plan, I remember a strategy of over/under a certain amount being "worth" the snack credit vs paying out of pocket, was it $5? Anyone have their own strategy with this?

It's been so long since I've posted!! We haven't visited in 4 years but it feels like a lifetime ago and now we are brining our 2 year old son for the first time.
So pumped for food and wine but I'm a bit rusty, snack credits at the festival with the dinning plan, I remember a strategy of over/under a certain amount being "worth" the snack credit vs paying out of pocket, was it $5? Anyone have their own strategy with this?
Between $5 and $5.50 is usually the threshold for us. Anything over that, we use snack credits. Though, if we have a lot of credits left towards the end of the trip, we’ll use them on most things.

I’d love to get a variety of folks’ opinions on their three favorite F&W dishes this year. I’m curious about savory dishes only. Any takers???

We started planning our September 6-13 trip a year early last year-never been to Disney during Fall and wanted to go during Food and Wine and MNSSHP. Even though Galaxy's Edge has dampened our spirits- I am so excited to be going! And I read this thread about the 2018 festival last year, so I know it will be so helpful!
Wow, I could have written this but for the fact we leave this Sunday. SWGE opening sooner than expected bummed us, but more because we are bringing a friend for her first visit. I’m über excited for F&W as we’ve traditionally been there a week too early. Looking forward to gaining some weight 💕

I’d love to get a variety of folks’ opinions on their three favorite F&W dishes this year. I’m curious about savory dishes only. Any takers???
So far, our favorites were:
1. Filet from Canada, we get this every Food and Wine and 9 times out of 10 it's been perfect. One time it was slightly overdone but still tasty.
2. Jerk Chicken from Islands of the Caribbean. This had a wonderful spice and I much prefer the sliced chicken to the chicken lolipop they had last year. Usually Disney "dumbs down" spice, IMO and the things they label as spicy are not. This one is spicy. There was a Jerk Spiced Grouper at Flower and Garden a few years ago that was delicious and this year's chicken reminds me of it.
3. Charred Chimichurri Skirt Steak from Flavors from Fire was good. I couldn't eat the corn cake because I'm gluten free, but the steak portion was really good and the chimichurri sauce had a lot of flavor.

Hi! Soooooooooo excited to begin reading about all the food!!!!! Is there any way to order the Food and Wine little booklets and have them shipped to my house? I'd love to have them as part of the surprise for the kids!

Hi! Soooooooooo excited to begin reading about all the food!!!!! Is there any way to order the Food and Wine little booklets and have them shipped to my house? I'd love to have them as part of the surprise for the kids!
No. But if you have time, maybe A fellow DISer can get them and send.

Wow, I could have written this but for the fact we leave this Sunday. SWGE opening sooner than expected bummed us, but more because we are bringing a friend for her first visit. I’m über excited for F&W as we’ve traditionally been there a week too early. Looking forward to gaining some weight 💕
And now, in retrospect, my oldest grandson LOVED Galaxy's Edge! That area was not overcrowded. I wound up being glad it was opened! We still had short wait times for everything, including F&W booths. Our longest wait was 45 minutes for Smuggler's Run, and for a brand new ride I call that minimal as well. Our only crowds were at the MNSSHP, but I think we accomplished as much as could be expected there as well. I have 8 passport stamps in my F&W passport-I ran out of room to hold more food long before I ran out of time!

And now, in retrospect, my oldest grandson LOVED Galaxy's Edge! That area was not overcrowded. I wound up being glad it was opened! We still had short wait times for everything, including F&W booths. Our longest wait was 45 minutes for Smuggler's Run, and for a brand new ride I call that minimal as well. Our only crowds were at the MNSSHP, but I think we accomplished as much as could be expected there as well. I have 8 passport stamps in my F&W passport-I ran out of room to hold more food long before I ran out of time!
Yorkie, thanks so much!

Has anyone done a Sunday Brunch with the chef yet? I’m used to the process at the Festival Center where you go early, get a wrist band for book signing/picture, then check in, then get in line. We would usually get there by 9am and there would already be a wristband line. I assume it’s different since I’ve seen reports that non ticket holders aren’t even allowed in the building. What is the process for check in? And are there book signings/photo opportunities afterwards?

Thanks!!

Has anyone done a Sunday Brunch with the chef yet? I’m used to the process at the Festival Center where you go early, get a wrist band for book signing/picture, then check in, then get in line. We would usually get there by 9am and there would already be a wristband line. I assume it’s different since I’ve seen reports that non ticket holders aren’t even allowed in the building. What is the process for check in? And are there book signings/photo opportunities afterwards?

Thanks!!
Are you attending the brunch or “just” looking for a photo or to get a book signed? If you’re attending the brunch, a photo/signing opp is included. Last year (also in World ShowPlace) they called people up table by table at the end to take a photo with the chef, get a book signed etc. No wristband necessary as the only people in the building are brunch attendees and the photo backdrop is right there.

Last year the chef was also doing a signing later in the day over in the Festival Center for those who hadn’t done the brunch. I’m not sure how/where they’d do that this year but doesn’t mean it isn’t happening. I’m not sure if you needed a wristband for that either or just got in line and they cut it off at some point.

As to what time to arrive, I’m not sure. I’m going tomorrow and was planning to be in the area ~11 (event begins at 11:30). I’ve seen some reports that a CM isn’t outside World ShowPlace until ~30 min ahead of the event and that after you check in the building itself doesn’t open until the event starts so you’re waiting in the heat, rain etc. BUT I’m not sure if checking in early MAY get you a better seat? I’ll report back tomorrow night!

Last edited:
Are you attending the brunch or “just” looking for a photo or to get a book signed?

We’re attending. We didn’t go to F&W last year but in previous years to get pictures/book signed there was a separate queue managed via wristbands which anyone could get: no separate signing for attendees.

I’m thrilled to hear this has changed: now we don’t have to get there at 9am to get a wrist band.

That would be great if you would report back tomorrow. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter