2019 epcot food and wine festival dates?

still waiting.... ugh. we wanted to do a quick labor day trip but i don't want to book flights until the dates are confirmed.

I know! I'm starting to wonder if they'll postpone until after Labor day with SWGE opening up that weekend. I hope not, but it wouldn't surprise me

It does seem late that they have not released the dates yet.
I suspect the opening of SWGE has messed with the dates.
I doubt that they want the opening crowds of SWGE and F&W the same weekend. Doesn't matter much to use as we will be there in October.
Except needing to get ADRs for some of the wine pairing meals.

I don’t get the problem with opening along with SWGE, they have already warned that Star Wars availability will be limited , F&W will give folks traveling in a consolation prize if they can’t get into SWGE

I imagine that they’d like F&W to get its own coverage and not get lost in all things Star Wars. Also, pure speculation on my part, but I’d guess that all the impending Future World construction - including needing to find a new festival center or at least a home for demos - is probably adding another wrench to the typical plans and rollout. And, it’s not like the “typical” ran like a well-oiled machine even with the status quo. :rolleyes1 Hopefully it will be soon!!!

I imagine that they’d like F&W to get its own coverage and not get lost in all things Star Wars. Also, pure speculation on my part, but I’d guess that all the impending Future World construction - including needing to find a new festival center or at least a home for demos - is probably adding another wrench to the typical plans and rollout. And, it’s not like the “typical” ran like a well-oiled machine even with the status quo. :rolleyes1 Hopefully it will be soon!!!

That makes a lot of sense. If the Festival Center building is closed off, and they're doing construction on GotG and the new space restaurant in the same area, it's going to require a fair amount of reshuffling to make sure everything has a home. I'm thinking even more so that they might wait until after the Labor Day weekend with that in mind - knowing that access to SWGE is limited and that the first weekend is a holiday weekend, they may want to keep things a bit more status quo for the initial weekend to handle overflow from HS. Totally speculation of course, but as good as Disney is, they can't manufacture more space in Epcot out of thin air, and a lot is blocked off in Future World.

That makes a lot of sense. If the Festival Center building is closed off, and they're doing construction on GotG and the new space restaurant in the same area, it's going to require a fair amount of reshuffling to make sure everything has a home. I'm thinking even more so that they might wait until after the Labor Day weekend with that in mind - knowing that access to SWGE is limited and that the first weekend is a holiday weekend, they may want to keep things a bit more status quo for the initial weekend to handle overflow from HS. Totally speculation of course, but as good as Disney is, they can't manufacture more space in Epcot out of thin air, and a lot is blocked off in Future World.
But, but, but, that would make me very sad as we fly out Sept 6th. We should be celebrating our granddaughter's first birthday that weekend!

But, but, but, that would make me very sad as we fly out Sept 6th. We should be celebrating our granddaughter's first birthday that weekend!
I hope the F&W dates work out in your favor.
Your granddaughter's first birthday will be so fun, an extra-special day! :cake:

So my theory on the Festival Center is that they are seeing how Flower and Garden goes in terms of using Odyssey for some of the stuff they would usually have in the welcome center. I would assume they could use this for some of the events but then there is also the area they used to use for beer school up by the USA pavillion they could use for demos too. I just wish they would sort out the dates already. Booked for the 16th September as thought it would be well underway by then but now with GE who knows and its annoying me!

Isn't there a lot of unused space in the Innoventions buildings? I would think they would relocate some of the stuff there

Oh I'm right there with you, We fly home on Sept 4 and my DS10 was really looking forward to trying some new foods at the booths! It was one of his favorite things on our last trip.

Isn't there a lot of unused space in the Innoventions buildings? I would think they would relocate some of the stuff there

At least one of the Innoventions buildings (the one w/ Club Cool) is rumored to be slated for demolition as part of the overall Epcot refresh - but just rumor and no timing attached to it. :confused3 There is also the World Showplace building between UK & Canada. Hopefully they have a plan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter