2019 DXDP - are you allowed to share? Post your ACTUAL experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

We were there June 15th-23rd, 3 people in one room with deluxe and 2 people in another room with no dining plan. All adults. We all shared our credits, booking 2 table service per day (usually a late breakfast and dinner each day) and used snack credits as a lunch or breakfast as the “third meal”. No problems at all at any restaurants for sharing.

Honestly, have to say, it was WAY too much food for 5 people to share 3 peoples credits. I was actually shocked. I think the heat played into it as well. Towards the end, the thought of getting 5 apps, 5 entrees and 5 desserts not to mention a cocktail was making us all a little sick. I do like having everything payed off early, but we will never do deluxe again. We were all super uncomfortable after each meal. Just my two cents worth!

I can think of only one work around for sharing credits at Via Napoli. And that would be to have have two guest go in and order the biggest pizza there, pay with their two credits and box up what is left of it and take it on out of the establishment. Let friends/family/other guest who you are vacationing with eat it either back at your resort, or somewhere else in Epcot. Not sure if I would go out of my way to do this, but if two people had like a "date" night away from the kids or other family members for one night, this could work out to your advantage by taking left overs back to your room. Just a thought.

Just back, June 28th - July 7th, had no issues sharing dining credits with our second room that had no dining plan. It worked out great! A couple of times, the server would ask how many credits as the room was less people than the amount of guest having dinner. I just acknowledged they are on a different room and I'm sharing credits with my party at the table.

so glad to hear this, now hoping for free dining bounceback for late August into early September 2020....... prayers!

More questions about sharing DDP credits! If you are on Deluxe Dining Plan, in a TS restaurant (for instance Yak and Yeti) every adult can order an appetizer, an entree, a dessert and a drink ¿correct? In that case, if we are 4 adults with Deluxe Dining Plan, is it possible to order food for 3 or 2 and share? For instance, if we are not really hungry, could 4 adults order 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 2 desserts and 2 drinks (+water) and pay with 2TS credits??
absolutely, we do it all the time......... portions are huge!

so glad to hear this, now hoping for free dining bounceback for late August into early September 2020....... prayers!

I'm hoping to hear this also! Has anyone that's just gone to wdw with the 2019 free dining package found out what bouncebacks are being offered at this time to those with free dining?

Hi there,
I'm following along on this. I've shared credits with people not in my room successfully other years, and I was about to add the DxDP to my reservation to Dec, but I only want to do it if I can share with others. For reference, we are staying on our DVC points 1st room 2A/2C will have the DxDP, and the second room also 2A/2C will not have a dining plan. A new issue for us this trip will be that one child has severe food allergies (it's his first trip). I'm planning to keep an eye on this thread before adding the plan to our reservation (and email disney to hopefully have a positive response in hand in case there are issues).

Hi there,
I'm following along on this. I've shared credits with people not in my room successfully other years, and I was about to add the DxDP to my reservation to Dec, but I only want to do it if I can share with others. For reference, we are staying on our DVC points 1st room 2A/2C will have the DxDP, and the second room also 2A/2C will not have a dining plan. A new issue for us this trip will be that one child has severe food allergies (it's his first trip). I'm planning to keep an eye on this thread before adding the plan to our reservation (and email disney to hopefully have a positive response in hand in case there are issues).

Why is the allergy an issue in regards to which plan you choose?

As you can see from this thread, there have been no issues since the new year. And that it seems is due to some overeager managers, not a change in how the plan operates.

Sorry, I didn't really mean the allergies affects which plan we choose. But it is something that I need to think about somewhat. Maybe this wasn't the right place to post it, but I was thinking about two things at once. The sharing the DxDP was one thing, and the child with allergies is the second thing that I never dealt with before. The reason it is connected to the dining plan thought, is that the child with the allergies will be 2.5 years old at the time of the trip. That age is expected to eat of parents plate, except that won't work in this case since the child has allergies. Of course the parent could order the allergy-friendly meal and the kid could eat it, but then the parent doesn't really get what they want. It's not a big deal, just something I was thinking about, and I realize this isn't the correct forum to discuss it.

Feel free to start your own thread here or in the DISabilities board

Short answer, the child will be fine at buffets, they will guide you to what is safe or make something soecial

At all other restaurants you will need to order and pay for a special meal.

Last day here. Zero issues sharing at
Storybook dining
Chef Mickeys
Coral reef
Yak and Yeti
Rainforest cafe
T. rex cafe
Morimoto
Sci fi
Crystal palace
Garden grull
Planet Hollywood

Just seeing this post...haven't read any of the others on this thread.

Are you saying you paid out of pocket and shared meals at Storybook and Crystal Palace etc?!!?!
How many people in your party and how many meals did you buy?

Quick update! We just left today and had a great trip. We shared our credits successfully the whole time without any problems. We ate at Ohana, Crystal Palace, Be our guest, 1900, tusker House, Tiffins, artist point, and chef Mickey.

Just reading the end of this thread...I am confused...how can you share meals that everyone is supposed to have a meal...like at a buffet? What am I missing? I thought in order to make a reservation everyone at the table of a buffet has to pay?

Just reading the end of this thread...I am confused...how can you share meals that everyone is supposed to have a meal...like at a buffet? What am I missing? I thought in order to make a reservation everyone at the table of a buffet has to pay?
They don't mean sharing the meal. They mean one room used their DxDP credits to pay for people on another room reservation. They are sharing the DxDP credits between two rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!