2019 DXDP - are you allowed to share? Post your ACTUAL experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
And servers didn't make child order off kid's menu? Sometimes more adventurous kids prefer adult meals!

They had to order from the kids menu at BOG which was prix fixe. The other places we tried they were allowed to order adult apps or entrees or combinations.
We found the same to be true during our trip last year as we. at MOST restaurants, but a few (frontera Cocina, can’t remeber which others) said kids had to order from kids menus.

Going in Aug and hope to do this.Did it last year never a problem. So 1 room, 1 adult 4 children want to use to cover 6 adults and the kids.

That sounds wrong to me - only paying for one adult yet feeding ten people?? We got all excited when celebrities cheat for thousands but it's ok for us to steal a few hundred dollars??
I agree with this. It’s one thing paying for 4 adult credits per day and then sharing those credits with other adults but paying the child rate and using them for a bunch of adults is flat out cheating the system. THIS is why things will probably change for next year.

I agree with this. It’s one thing paying for 4 adult credits per day and then sharing those credits with other adults but paying the child rate and using them for a bunch of adults is flat out cheating the system. THIS is why things will probably change for next year.

Disney is well aware of this loop hole yet chooses not to close it. Let’s not judge, it just discourages people from reporting back with real experiences sharing credits.

Disney is well aware of this loop hole yet chooses not to close it. Let’s not judge, it just discourages people from reporting back with real experiences sharing credits.
That’s why it’s called a online chat forum. Everyone is allowed to put their opinions down. If you don’t like my post, you’re welcome to that, but not welcome to tell me what to say or write. This entire site is FILLED with opinions. Carry on and enjoy your Disney planning!

That’s why it’s called a online chat forum. Everyone is allowed to put their opinions down. If you don’t like my post, you’re welcome to that, but not welcome to tell me what to say or write. This entire site is FILLED with opinions. Carry on and enjoy your Disney planning!

This particular thread is for posting first hand experiences only. The moderators have been routinely deleting posts discussing/debating the topic. Yes, most of the Dis is opinions/discussion but there are several posts (like this one) where that is discouraged so people can just check facts/current practices without wading through discussion.

There is a separate thread for discussion about the deluxe dining plan where opinions are welcome.

This particular thread is for posting first hand experiences only. The moderators have been routinely deleting posts discussing/debating the topic. Yes, most of the Dis is opinions/discussion but there are several posts (like this one) where that is discouraged so people can just check facts/current practices without wading through discussion.

There is a separate thread for discussion about the deluxe dining plan where opinions are welcome.
Got it. I’ll move my opinions elsewhere! Happy planning everyone

Just as a follow up to this...I had to call back on the 4th for something else and I asked the same question just to see what kind of answer I would get. The CM transferred me to the dining department and the lady there told me that they are our credits to use however we choose, including paying for people not staying in our room or even on site if we want. So I know everyone is already aware, but they are clearly all over the place where dining credits are concerned.

As yet another follow up...I sent an email yesterday from 3 different email addresses asking the same question about sharing our credits with people not on the dining plan. After the conflicting answers over the phone I was hoping to get something back to at least one of those emails that I could print off to take with us just in case. Instead, someone called me today. She said it is totally fine to purchase meals for whoever I choose with my dining credits. She also said that doesn't mean some of the restaurants might not question it because some of them are independently owned, but that I should very clearly tell them how many meals I would like to pay for with my plan at the beginning and ask for a supervisor if necessary. She specifically said that while they are "non-transferrable", they may be used to cover the meals of others if I so choose. So the weird part...I asked her if she could possibly send me an email basically stating what she just told me so I would have it in case of any issues. She point blank told me no, that she cannot do that because the credits are non-transferrable and it could be misconstrued through email, but that the reason for the phone call was to assure me that we would be ok to go ahead with our plans as they are (in my email I had stated that if we can't do it this way we will need to drop the deluxe plan.)

So, I guess after them making it a point to call and tell me that, we'll be sticking with it...even if the fact that she wouldn't send an email seems kind of sketchy.

We're headed to disneyworld in November and added the deluxe dining plan. We've done it 3 times before with my wife and I and our 4 kids- 13, 10, 8 and 6. The kids under 9 always order off the adult menu because they prefer adult food.
I noticed they added the line on their website that kids age 3-9 will be required to eat off the children's menu where available. So I asked them yesterday via email about that because that was never the case before and they said that is their policy.

Did they change their policy or is this just a line that goes unenforced? My kids have no interest in hot dogs, chicken nuggets, etc... so Ill have to cancel the dining plan if that's really the case.

The kids under 9 thing I think is not really enforced because for the waitor, enforcing it means less tip (because you get tipped on total cost, a kids meal versus adult is a significant difference). Since on the deluxe kids and adults meals aren’t kept separate, there is no disadvantage for a waiter to ignore it.

Did they change their policy or is this just a line that goes unenforced? My kids have no interest in hot dogs, chicken nuggets, etc... so Ill have to cancel the dining plan if that's really the case.

That line has ALWAYS been on the PDF and in all Disney literature about the plans.

For now, they usually do not enforce it for QSDP and DxDDP. There have been some, but very few (like count on one hand) reports of people being told the kids had to order from the kid's menu, but they've been so sporadic that I don't even remember which restaurants these were.

You'll probably be fine, but I would keep an eye on the DIS for any changes. Believe me, if they decide to enforce this "rule," you'll see lots of commotion here.

That line has ALWAYS been on the PDF and in all Disney literature about the plans.

For now, they usually do not enforce it for QSDP and DxDDP. There have been some, but very few (like count on one hand) reports of people being told the kids had to order from the kid's menu, but they've been so sporadic that I don't even remember which restaurants these were.

You'll probably be fine, but I would keep an eye on the DIS for any changes. Believe me, if they decide to enforce this "rule," you'll see lots of commotion here.
Thanks! We've done the Deluxe plan two other times and a cast member at the DVC member services number when we were booking it the first time told me that kids could order off the adult menu if we got the deluxe plan. I guess I just never looked into it since they had gone out of their way to explain that I could do that.

The kids under 9 thing I think is not really enforced because for the waitor, enforcing it means less tip (because you get tipped on total cost, a kids meal versus adult is a significant difference). Since on the deluxe kids and adults meals aren’t kept separate, there is no disadvantage for a waiter to ignore it.

The servers follow the rules and directives of their management team. WHen they were told that guests were not allowed to order more meals than there were people on the reservation, they did not allow it. They may encourage ordering more expensive meals, etc, but they are not going to risk their jobs over allowing kids to order off of the adult menu unless they have been told it is okay to do so.

I leave next week and emailed Disney about buying 2 dinners for my cousin and her husband and this was their reply

The Disney Deluxe Dining Plan is a great way for everyone in your resort reservation ages 3 and older to enjoy dining at various locations through out your visit.

When you are dining with Guests who do not have a Disney Dining Plan, their meals would be able to be purchased separately with a different form of payment.

Idk who to believe because earlier in the day I called and they said it would be fine. So frustrating.

I leave next week and emailed Disney about buying 2 dinners for my cousin and her husband and this was their reply

Idk who to believe because earlier in the day I called and they said it would be fine. So frustrating.

It should be fine. I was so paranoid about our recent trip and had planned to cancel the dining plan, but we didn't and wound up having absolutely no issues using the credits to buy meals for up to a party of 8 adults. Just be sure to tell the server right at the beginning that you have the deluxe dining plan and have them scan one of your bands. (They will say "oh, you have two people on this plan, do you want to use 6 of your credits total and buy everyone's meal with this?") That way you can be reassured that it is covered before you start ordering your drinks and appetizers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!