2019 Disneyland Paris Marathon Weekend

Vacation money is in, so I wanted to go and pay. And I cannot find the reservation!
I have several upcoming reservations, and in the e-mail you get from DLP is only the confirmation number and the link to download the reservation. In one e-mail the link doesn't work, I get an error message, so my brain thinks: That must be the one I am looking for!
Luckily it's almost 9:00 and the callcenter opens. I call, explain my situation, give the confirmation number I think is the right one... is it the number for my last reservation in April :P the girl starts looking by name and finds the right one. I've already made the reservation in November last year. But I didn't look that far back in my mailbox. I got an error, assumed that was the one, and didn't look any further... We have a laugh about it, the girl processes my CC details and my reservation is paid in full :)

The stress of May is over, so I am finally able to start focussing on training for the run weekend. I have downloaded the Runkeeper app, last year I wasn't very happy with Nike+, I've looked into 16 week training schedules for half marathons. I'm good to go!

Yes, I had the email doesn't state the date! Why?? I also have too many confirmation email to search through :P

I think it's so absurd, I don't know any hotel/airline/etc. who only has a download link in their confirmation e-mails.
That's also the case on the website, I have to open each booking in the list to find the right one...

I wish I worked at Disney on their customer journey and e-mail communication... there is so much work to be done there!

Disneyland Paris just have released a video on Facebook with the medals for this year and I absolutely love them, I love Rapunzel so really happy with the 10K, but also the 31 and 36K are very nice and I love the straps, Aladdin has the magic carpet, Rapunzel has the lanterns and the Kids medal features Peter Pan with Big Ben on the strap :)

*edit*... not sure what's going on, either the images are huge, or this size... Ah well, I'm sure we will get a press release any moment with better pictures (these are screenshots from the video)

AHHHH! I guess this means I should get started with my training :D

I am doing DLP as part of the Castle to Chateau challenge and figured if I was already making the trip over from Canada I had to go all in and signed up for all 3 races.

I did the 2019 Princess weekend and received the Fairy Tale Challenge medal featuring Jasmine, I guess my Disney medals collection will be full of Aladdin!

I am loving the Rapunzel 10km medal and the fact that each of the ribbons correspond so well with each medal. Aladdin's face looks a little off on the 31k challenge...

I am so excited for the half medal, Mickey and Minnie! It's adorable!! And the reason this is all happening, that beautiful Castle to Chateau medal 😁 It's perfect and I can't wait to have my own after finishing this challenge!!

Next thing is to (attempt) to patiently for the DLP race weekend email with our next instructions

Absolutely stunning. I'm totally thrilled with the medals!!! I'm excited to get my registration link, hopefully those will be out soon.

Just paid off the balance on my package with DLP - admittedly it's a few weeks before it's actually due, but my credit card bill just came in and it wasn't as bad as I'd feared, so thought I'd get it all settled while I had the cash!

Also starting to get a bit more serious about my training - ran my first 5km in a couple of months at the weekend and probably going out tonight for a similar distance again. How's everyone else's preparations going?

Do love the design of the medals this year. A friend has somehow got me to sign up to the 36k challenge - worrying thing is I'm a much more avid runner than her and even I'm nervous 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter