2019 Disneyland After Dark Events: Sweethearts’ Nite and 90s Nite

dina444444

DIS Veteran
Disneyland After Dark—a special after-hours parks experience featuring unique entertainment, specialty food, collectible merchandise and more—returns in 2019 with two fun-filled events: Sweethearts’ Nite on Feb. 7 and 90s Nite on Mar. 7.

Both events will take place in Disneyland park after closing, with mix-in access beginning at 6 p.m. Select attractions throughout the park will also remain open exclusively for event guests! Here are more event details:

Sweethearts’ Nite
The Happiest Place on Earth transforms into the most romantic on Feb. 7 and love will certainly be in the air! Dress to impress and bring your sweetheart to enjoy:

• Love song-themed dance parties throughout the park, as well as a “Royal Ball” experience.
  • Encounters with beloved Disney couples, including Eugene and Rapunzel, Aladdin and Jasmine, and of course, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
  • Immersive photo opportunities featuring romantic scenes from iconic Disney films.
  • Sweetheart-themed décor, as well as romantic food, beverage and merchandise offerings.
  • Unlimited Disney PhotoPass digital downloads of your photos captured during the event.
90s Nite
On Mar. 7, relive fond Disney memories and party like it’s the ‘90s! Come dressed in your ‘90s-best attire and step back in time to experience:

• Special ‘90s-themed fireworks show, throwback musical entertainment and more.
  • A re-imagined Disney Afternoon Avenue with special greetings from favorite Disney characters from the ‘90s and interactive photo opportunities.
  • Decade-inspired food, beverages and merchandise.
  • A commemorative fanny pack and unlimited Disney PhotoPass digital downloads of your photos captured during the event.
Visit Disneyland.com for more details and pricing. Parking fees are not included in the ticket price. A limited quantity of tickets for both events will be available beginning next week:

• Nov. 27: Tickets on sale for Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders
  • Nov. 28: Tickets on sale for general public
Hurry and make your plans now to join us for these two Disneyland After Dark events as they will certainly be “nites” to remember.

Tickets are nonrefundable and may not be resold or used for a commercial purpose. Limit eight (8) tickets per person, and no discounts apply. Event elements including, but not limited to, attractions, experiences, entertainment, characters, menu items, merchandise, souvenirs, special offerings and services are subject to restrictions and change or cancellation without notice. No refunds given for any such changes or cancellations. Costumes are subject to Disney guidelines and should not be obstructive or offensive; please check special event costume guidelines at https://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/parks/dress/for restrictions. Disney PhotoPass service is subject to the Disney PhotoPass terms and expiration policy found at https://disneyland.disney.go.com/photopass-terms-conditions/. Online registration required and photos must be linked to your Disney account. Not responsible for missing, lost or damaged photos. Downloads are restricted to personal use by Disney account holder only and may not be used for a commercial purpose.

Source

Disneyland After Dark: Sweethearts' Nite

A Valentine’s Extravaganza

Commemorate the most romantic day of the year with a flurry of festivities that celebrate l’amour.

This February, Disneyland After Dark will present Sweethearts’ Nite, a separately ticketed evening event granting Guests special after-hours Disneyland Park access to rare Character Greetings, photo ops, entertainment, themed menu selections, merchandise, fireworks, attractions, decor and more. Join Mickey, Minnie and Disney’s cutest couples as they share their nostalgic love stories at the Happiest Place on Earth.

Availability is limited, so don’t miss this incredible chance to cherish loved ones with an extra pinch of pixie dust—it’s the grandest way to kick off Valentine’s Day!

EVENT HIGHLIGHTS

• Rare Character Encounters
    Mix, mingle and meet iconic Disney couples during this delightful love fest.
  • Say “Cherish!”
    Let our photographers take your pics against dreamy themed backdrops—including Ariel and Eric’s moonlit rowboat ride, the lantern scene from Tangled, Aladdin and Jasmine’s magic carpet ride and more.
  • Music and Dancing
    Sweep your sweetie off his or her feet at an imperial ball near “it’s a small world,” where attendees of all ages can waltz with some of the world’s best-loved Disney Characters. Plus, Guests can get into the groove with live piano music, DJ dance parties and a steel drum band too!
  • Scrumptious Eats
    Fuel your love with specialty menu items offered at select quick-service locations throughout the park.
  • Must-Have Merchandise
    Bring some of the magic home! Browse a wide selection of goodies to find the perfect gift—or treat your sweet self.
  • Fireworks Spectacular
    Light up the night with Mickey’s Mix Magic, a new nighttime show celebrating the one and only Mickey Mouse with fireworks, projections and more!
  • Sweet Keepsakes
    Receive a souvenir lanyard, credential and event-specific guide map with each ticket as well as complimentary PhotoPass digital downloads during the event. (Lanyards, credentials and maps are limited to one per ticketed person. Maps available while supplies last.)
  • Dress Your Disney Best
    Play along and don a darling outfit inspired by your favorite Disney Character. Who will you be?
EVENT DETAILS

• Disneyland Park
  • February 7, 2019
  • 9:00 PM to 1:00 AM
  • Disneyland Park mix-in begins at 6:00 PM
  • $99 per person
  • Annual Passholder pre-sale tickets available November 27, 2018
  • General Admission tickets available November 28, 2018
  • Tickets not required for children under 3 years of age
  • Limited availability while supplies last
Event elements including, but not limited to, operation of attractions, experiences, entertainment, characters, menu items, merchandise, souvenirs, special offerings and services are subject to restrictions, change or cancellation without notice. No refunds given for any such changes or cancellations.

Disneyland After Dark: 90s Nite

An Era to Remember

Fuel your nostalgia with fun festivities honoring music, movies, food, fashion and other fads that defined the decade.

This March, Disneyland After Dark will present 90s Nite, a separately ticketed evening event granting Guests of all ages special after-hours Disneyland Park access to fireworks, photo ops, Character Greetings, entertainment, collectibles, themed menu selections, event merchandise, attractions, complimentary keepsakes, décor and more.

Availability is limited, so don’t miss the chance to relive your most cherished memories—with an added pinch of pixie dust!

EVENT HIGHLIGHTS

• Exclusive Fireworks Extravaganza
    Behold an amazing pyrotechnical spectacle that lights up the night by paying tribute to the era.
  • Say “Cheese!”
    Get jiggy with it! Take in some sweet décor and pose for photographers against throwback-themed backdrops from popular 90s Disney movies and shows.
  • Rare Character Encounters
    Hobnob with beloved Disney Characters—including some from The Disney Afternoon as well as 90s feature films—during the ultimate blast from the past.
  • Off-the-Hook Entertainment
    Bust a move to pre-Y2K tunes—from live performances to a totally fly musical cruise on the Mark Twain Riverboat!
  • Slammin’ 90s Swag
    Collect an Indiana Jones Decoder Card and a Disney Afternoon Avenue Stamp map.
  • Inspired Eats
    Sink your teeth into 90s-style menu items offered at select locations throughout the park.
  • Merchandise
    Shop a sentimental selection of apparel, gifts and other goodies reminiscent of the times.
  • After-Hours Access to Attractions
    With less time waiting in line, you can enjoy some of the park’s classic attractions throughout the event.
  • Cool Keepsakes
    Receive a commemorative fanny pack, themed guide map and complimentary Disney PhotoPass digital downloads with each ticket. (Fanny packs and maps are limited to one per ticketed person—while supplies last.)
  • Dress Your 90s Best
    Don iconic garb for an immersive experience—go for the grunge with flannel or enhance any outfit by adding slap bracelets, scrunchies and other quintessential accessories.
EVENT DETAILS

• Disneyland Park
  • March 7, 2019
  • 9:00 PM to 1:00 AM
  • Disneyland Park mix-in begins at 6:00 PM
  • $99 per person
  • Annual Passholder pre-sale tickets available November 27, 2018
  • General Admission tickets available November 28, 2018
  • Tickets are not required for Guests under 3 years of age
  • Limited availability while supplies last
Event elements including, but not limited to, operation of attractions, experiences, entertainment, characters, menu items, merchandise, souvenirs, special offerings and services are subject to restrictions, change or cancellation without notice. No refunds given for any such changes or cancellations.

Darn it, its during my dates! They always get me with rare character meets...off to convince DH that we should spend another $500!

I want to do 90's night! How quickly will this sell out? I have a work thing that might conflict- should know soon. Do they often sell out during AP presale?

I want to do 90's night! How quickly will this sell out? I have a work thing that might conflict- should know soon. Do they often sell out during AP presale?
The first Star Wars one sold out the morning they went on sale. The one last January I don’t believe sold out.

For anyone that has done this After Dark event, is there really less waiting in lines for rides? And are there lots of rides open?

For anyone that has done this After Dark event, is there really less waiting in lines for rides? And are there lots of rides open?
I did the Star Wars night. The lines for rides were pretty short. The majority of people doing the event don’t do it for rides-instead they focus on rare characters, photo ops, entertainment. So that means if you want to do rides you can virtually walk-on most of them. And I think most rides were open. I know we rode Alice with only a handful of people in front of us in line and Peter Pan was about a 15 minute wait (those were the only ones we went on).

I did the one for the return of the Electric Light Parade. The rides were mostly walk on. There were some short lines for a few rides like Peter Pan. In my opinion, it's worth it to buy the ticket if you plan on just doing rides and you don't care about the event.

I really want to go to both of these. Husband is in board too. I love the idea of both themes! Sweethearts Night- Disneybounding as a couple, date night full of dancing at Disneyland, lots of other couples late at night meaning very few kids. 90s Night- my favorite characters from my childhood, get to dress up in cheesy 90s Disney clothes, “free” fannypack souvineer. Now to see if we can get tickets & a good deal on hotels. The dates around 90s Nite are looking rather booked up & expensive compared to the other event’s date/what I’m used to.

I went to the first After Dark event & pretty much every ride was still open & they all had little to no line. It’s the photo ops & specialty foods that had crazy lines the night we went.

Now to see if we can get tickets & a good deal on hotels. The dates around 90s Nite are looking rather booked up & expensive compared to the other event’s date/what I’m used to.
The Natural Products Expo is what's driving up hotels prices that week. I booked for that weekend back in April, and even booking out that far, availability was limited.

I am deliriously happy about the 90s event. I just hope that I can get tickets. It always seems that we miss special events like this (other than the Halloween Party were we specifically booked our flights so that we could come to the parties) but this time, we have been booked for our 5 days at Disney for 5 months! Woot! Happy Dance. Now, where did I stash that 90s clothing? <please let me get tickets>

Does anyone know what time these tickets will be on sale? The 90's night one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter