2019 Dapper Day Spring Outing

mre200200

Joe Flowers
Twice a year at Disneyland, the unofficial Dapper Day has everyone dressing in their finest. It's an opportunity to enjoy Disneyland the way you imagine it was years ago, when people treated it as something special.
DapperDay-104.jpg

DapperDay-100.jpg

There isn't a line at security, but as usual, we decided to walk in through Downtown Disney.
DapperDay-101.jpg

There were no lines to get into the park either. Also a good sign.
I wasn't sure how long the outfits would last today, so I wanted to make sure we got family photos early. With the castle under construction, the next best place to take photos is the floral Mickey at the entrance. While we waited in line, Ian reviewed the map to plan out our day.
DapperDay-102.jpg

Fifteen minutes later and it's our turn. Maybe today more than other days it's the photo locations that are going to be busier than normal. We had a great Photopass Photographer named George Michael who took lots of photos with lots of poses for us.
DapperDay-103.jpg

DapperDay-105.jpg

I love having the photopass photos because it means I get to be in them!
DapperDay-106.jpg

The trees all around the resort are in bloom and are beautifully pink. Alli's outfit celebrates pink and flowers, so we have to pose her for at least one photo in front of them.
DapperDay-107.jpg

It's certainly a beautiful spring day here at Disneyland. Let's go on rides!
DapperDay-108.jpg

As with most days at Disneyland, it starts back in Toon Town. Gadget's Go-Coaster is a fun ride for both kids. First Ian and I rode together.
DapperDay-109.jpg

Alli - Daddy we have to go again!
DapperDay-110.jpg

She get's so much joy out of this ride. We'd be going again and again if we didn't have other things to get to.
DapperDay-111.jpg

Alli - Daddy, I'll drive you.
Thanks Alli. She was actually a pretty good driver.
DapperDay-112.jpg

Just outside, they still get a kick out of the interactivity of Toon Town. The dalmatian above the fire house is their favorite though. Alli get's so excited about ringing the bell and running away to see the puppy pop up and bark at her. Ian's enjoying himself on the fire truck.
DapperDay-113.jpg

And here's the video. Portrait mode video just works better in some instances.

While making our way towards Frontierland, the carrousel was basically a walk-on.
DapperDay-114.jpg

Slow down there horse!
DapperDay-115.jpg

Today we're meeting up with some good friends from Arizona. Matt, Amy, and Charlotte are here celebrating Dapper Day as well. They're bounding as characters from Lilo & Stitch. Charlotte is Stitch, Amy is Lilo, and Matt is Cobra Bubbles (the social worker).
DapperDay-116.jpg

While we were chatting near the churro cart, Cast Member Marisa came over to us, tell us that Mickey and Minnie had a special gift for the kids today.
DapperDay-117.jpg

They got such a kick out of it! Thank you Marisa!
DapperDay-118.jpg

Ever since we got back from Walt Disney World for Spring Break (the write-up for that is coming), Ian's been wanting to go on bigger and bigger rides. There's only 2 here at Disneyland he's too short for, Indy and the Incredicoaster. Indy is only 46" so he's wanting to see how close he is to it.
DapperDay-119.jpg

Alli and Charlotte were becoming fast friends.
DapperDay-120.jpg

Where should we go next?
DapperDay-121.jpg

How about the Haunted Mansion. Both kids really enjoyed an older friend to play with.
DapperDay-122.jpg

Charlotte holding both of them close while we wait in the Haunted Mansion lobby.
DapperDay-123.jpg

And they all rode together through the mansion.
DapperDay-124.jpg

The three traveled as a trio everywhere they went. Like Winnie the Pooh.
DapperDay-125.jpg

And enjoyed riding together too.

As is tradition, any ride on Pooh ends in Pooh Corner, and today we got to watch them make M&M rice krispy Mickeys.
DapperDay-127.jpg

That one looks good, that one looks good. Alright kids, you can pick whatever you like.
DapperDay-128.jpg

Comparing their treats.
DapperDay-129.jpg

A cupcake for Ian (the boy loves his cake). And caramel apples for the girls.
DapperDay-130.jpg

This is the second or third cupcake we've bought now from Disney, and if we can remember it's going to be the last. The cake has been dry and dense. It make look pretty, but it doesn't taste the best.
DapperDay-131.jpg

The caramel apples though are delicious. Expensive. But delicious.
DapperDay-132.jpg

Before we split for lunch, we've got to get a group photo. In front of the stained glass leading into Club 33.
DapperDay-133.jpg

The kids said their goodbyes. Matt, Amy, and Charlotte had reservations for Cafe Orleans.
DapperDay-134.jpg

Having no reservations, we went next door to the French Market. The kids split a kids meal of noodles and red sauce, with lots of napkins tucked into their collars to protect their clothes. Theresa had jambalaya which she enjoyed. I had a bread bowl of corn chowder. The chowder itself is sweet and delicious. And once I let the kids taste it, they wanted bite after bite.
Perhaps I'm spoiled having the bread over at California Adventure so often. There it's always fresh with a nice crust to it. This is the second time I've had a bread bowl at Disneyland now, and both have been disappointing. Almost like it was yesterday's bread.
DapperDay-135.jpg

Well I know who likes old bread. And so do the kids. They claimed it as theirs and after lunch they headed over to the Rivers of America.
DapperDay-136.jpg

There they found a couple ducks that enjoy old bread.
DapperDay-137.jpg

Time to ride Big Thunder Mountain!
DapperDay-138.jpg

Once finished with Big Thunder, it was time to meet back up with our friends. They've been apart for so long!
DapperDay-139.jpg

So many of the rides today have had short lines. And even the rides that have 30 minute waits had nearly immediate fastpasses. Today was wonderful for rides.
DapperDay-140.jpg

Queued up for Star Tours.
DapperDay-141.jpg

DapperDay-142.jpg

Again, a ride with a 20 minute wait, but an immediate fastpass. Why aren't people taking advantage of the fastpasses today?
DapperDay-143.jpg

DapperDay-144.jpg

We just have time for one more attraction.
DapperDay-145.jpg

Just missed the train.
DapperDay-146.jpg

Watching the drivers at Autopia.
DapperDay-147.jpg

Everyone enjoyed their grand-circle tour of Disney.
DapperDay-148.jpg

The grapevines around Autopia are starting to put on tiny grapes. T will be keeping an eye on these in the coming weeks.
DapperDay-149.jpg

It's starting to get late in the afternoon and time to head out. We've got to get home. Our friends have to drive back to Arizona. The monorail will drop us off near the Disneyland hotel and give us a shorter walk back to the car.
DapperDay-150.jpg

The kids enjoyed themselves while we waited.

It's here! Only one running today.
DapperDay-151.jpg

DapperDay-152.jpg

DapperDay-153.jpg

Time to say our goodbyes. It was great hanging out with you guys today!
DapperDay-154.jpg

Dapper Day was a lot of fun today. I really enjoy seeing everyone dressed up, especially the people who bound as Disney characters.

Next week we'll have another fun adventure at Disneyland as we celebrate Easter!

Thank you for sharing! Beautiful pictures! Do many people dress up for Dapper Day?

I have to agree on the cupcake thing. They are so cute, but they don't taste good at all. I can't figure that one out. It seems like oftentimes my kids don't care what a treat tastes like. A cookie is a cookie and a cupcake is a cupcake and any and all treats are tasty. But they take one bite of a Disneyland cupcake and they are done. We have tried them several times, thinking surely they aren't that bad...but we won't be buying any more.

Thank you for sharing! Beautiful pictures! Do many people dress up for Dapper Day?

I have to agree on the cupcake thing. They are so cute, but they don't taste good at all. I can't figure that one out. It seems like oftentimes my kids don't care what a treat tastes like. A cookie is a cookie and a cupcake is a cupcake and any and all treats are tasty. But they take one bite of a Disneyland cupcake and they are done. We have tried them several times, thinking surely they aren't that bad...but we won't be buying any more.

So many people dress up for Dapper Day. Half the fun is people watching. Seeing if someone happened to bound as your favorite character, and yes, I saw someone dressed as my favorite. A woman was dressed in Hercules' colors with a baby Pegasus in her arms.

I wouldn't think cake could be messed up, but somehow, they manage. We'll stick to caramel apples and marshmallow wands.

Your family is lovely. :goodvibes

Thanks! We have a lot of fun together.

Love this TR!! So great to see you guys again. I sorted Day 1 on the drive back after we swapped drivers. Nearly bested our best time, but only did it in 4hrs 59 mins this time. If only food hadn't taken so long at the Flying J fuel stop.

So much fun! You guys all look great, and that is awesome that the lines were short for you!

Great trip report! Your little ones are so adorable and are such mini-me's of you both. Love seeing pictures of Disneyland, they hold me over till our next trip!

What a fun trip report! You take wonderful pictures, and captured so many great moments :) I love all of your dapper outfits, and your kiddos are just adorable!

How fun to meet up with Dis friends too!

One of these years I will make it down there for a Dapper day! They look like so much fun. Thanks for sharing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter