2019 College Football National Championship ticket prices dropping like a rock

The only reason I could see for having lowered standards for student-athletes is that the school hopes to build a program that will be profitable one day. Otherwise, I don’t get the point.

Winning football & basketball programs increase student applications. The school can choose the cream of the crop out of those increased numbers. People want to go to schools where they can have bragging rights.

That said, I think there needs to be stricter requirements. You can't expect all athletes to meet the requirements of the typical student, but they do need to stop programs from pushing any player through & allowing athletes that could never pass the classes at the better schools to take classes at community colleges. NCAA really needs to put a stop to the pay for play scheme too. It needs to be a more level playing field.

Last edited:

saban_miami3.jpg

My kids loooooove imagine dragons. I listen to them dozens of times a week driving here and there and generally really like their music.
This is *not* a good concert!
Super glad I didn’t let the kids stay up for this

Bama fan for 54 years. Through the good, bad, and the ugly and tonight is definitely the ugly. But regardless of the outcome I still love my Tide! And yep most college football fans are loving this and that’s fine, all good things must come to an end. Every Bama fan knows at some point it will happen. If it does tonight so be it so far we are being out played by a very strong Clemson team.hopefully the second half will be better, but if not it is what is, a football game. I do know that most college programs and players would still love to have just a small amount of the success Alabama has had. ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

Back to the original subject (I thought I meant the financial aspect of the game) it's expected to lose anywhere from $8 million to $12 million for the 49ers. They might not even care because in the long run this is something they want to have as a prestige event that has been hosted by the stadium.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtba...g-the-college-football-national-championship/
As the host team for the title game, the San Francisco 49ers are also expected to endure plenty of red ink, to the tune of $8 million to $12 million, according to San Francisco 49ers president Al Guido.

“You can get highly critical of any one-event P&L without thinking about the broader business,” Guido told the Silicon Valley Business Journal last month in detailing the economics behind the game for the 49ers.

The Santa Clara Stadium Authority owns the stadium, but the 49ers operate the building. The NCAA controls most of the ticket inventory for the game, but the team expects to generate roughly $15 million in revenue from advertising, suites, concessions and its allocation of 6,000 seats to the game. Yet, the 49ers are on the hook for costs related to the event of $25 million.

The one-off loss is a drop in the bucket compared with the $1.3 billion in revenue the 49ers locked up before the stadium opened in 2014. Fans and companies commit to tickets, luxury suites and advertising expecting access to big events like Monday’s game. The 49ers have delivered. Levi’s Stadium has hosted Super Bowl 50, WrestleMania 31, Pac-12 Football Championship games annually, and concerts featuring artists like Taylor Swift, One Direction and Kenny Chesney.​

Bama fan for 54 years. Through the good, bad, and the ugly and tonight is definitely the ugly. But regardless of the outcome I still love my Tide! And yep most college football fans are loving this and that’s fine, all good things must come to an end. Every Bama fan knows at some point it will happen. If it does tonight so be it so far we are being out played by a very strong Clemson team.hopefully the second half will be better, but if not it is what is, a football game. I do know that most college programs and players would still love to have just a small amount of the success Alabama has had. ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!
Nah, not at the cost Bama has a history of.

Well, I've seen 'Bama come back and win from farther behind than this ...

But tonite I hope they don't! :jester:

(Under normal circumstances I will root for any SEC team against a non-SEC opponent, but Saban merits special dis-consideration.)

. As I’ve stated on these boards before, anyone that things that their school is above reproach is definitely wearing blinders. Bama has done things just like EVERY school , at least I can admit they aren’t perfect.

Well, I've seen 'Bama come back and win from farther behind than this ...

But tonite I hope they don't! :jester:

(Under normal circumstances I will root for any SEC team against a non-SEC opponent, but Saban merits special dis-consideration.)
I can’t do Ole Miss either. But, good news they often make it easier on me b/c it’s not an issue , lol!

. As I’ve stated on these boards before, anyone that things that their school is above reproach is definitely wearing blinders. Bama has done things just like EVERY school , at least I can admit they aren’t perfect.
That’s why they were just on probation & not bowl eligible as recently as 2005? And, that wasn’t the first time they were caught. Sorry, not every school has that egregious of a history.

ETA: I don’t think any school has had the egregious history that Bama has had.

Honestly, I can take Saban or leave him. In my opinion Gene Stallings was the classiest coach the Tide has seen.

I forget LSU is the shining light of the SEC.
Not claiming that. Just saying pretty much no one has the extensive history of rule-breaking as bama in any conference. That’s part of why ppl dislike them. It’s not b/c they’re successful.

Winning football & basketball programs increase student applications. The school can choose the cream of the crop out of those increased numbers. People want to go to schools where they can have bragging rights.

Once my alma mater started getting recognition for having a winning team, admissions increased and became much more selective than they were when I was a student. The size of the freshman class had really increased and there's been a building boom. I now get lost on campus when I visit. They're also on their second football stadium renovation. Right now they're adding luxury boxes.

I've also noticed a lot of boosterism from the local city. The city once painted the riverbank with the school logo and dyed the river purple. Buildings downtown have lit up with purple lights and stores are decorated with purple. In fact, the local fancy grocery store had a Christmas tree decorated with the school colors and school merchandise. I see people wearing the team logo and colors all over the city including people who never attended or have any other school affiliation. It's also gotten much easier to get team merchandise which of course increases the school's coffers as well.

My kids loooooove imagine dragons. I listen to them dozens of times a week driving here and there and generally really like their music.
This is *not* a good concert!
Super glad I didn’t let the kids stay up for this

That's a shame. I took my kids to their first concert earlier this year and it was Imagine Dragons. They were playing at the inauguration of the pro soccer hall of fame. We didn't care about that but I thought it would be a good chance to take them to a memorable first rock concert. It was awesome and even my middle-aged self was rocking out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts