2019 College Football National Championship ticket prices dropping like a rock

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/ncaa-football-news-college-football-playoff-2018-national-championship-ticket-prices-are-plummeting/

I read elsewhere that there are tickets on StubHub for $175. I guess the appeal of Alabama vs Clemson yet again is wearing off. Since it’s local, I’ve been hearing commercials for the game all the time, including one where “fans” are discussing who they believe will be playing. The most unlikely is someone proposing San Jose State, with “that could happen”. Another says “Alabama vs Clemson. Again.” then another voice chiming in “Not again.”

Outside of Alabama and Clemson fans, who is really all that interested. For me I’m just paying attention because it’s local.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/ncaa-football-news-college-football-playoff-2018-national-championship-ticket-prices-are-plummeting/

I read elsewhere that there are tickets on StubHub for $175. I guess the appeal of Alabama vs Clemson yet again is wearing off. Since it’s local, I’ve been hearing commercials for the game all the time, including one where “fans” are discussing who they believe will be playing. The most unlikely is someone proposing San Jose State, with “that could happen”. Another says “Alabama vs Clemson. Again.” then another voice chiming in “Not again.”

Outside of Alabama and Clemson fans, who is really all that interested. For me I’m just paying attention because it’s local.

I’m a Notre Dame alum, so.... sigh. I’m less interested now than I was a few days ago. But I’ll be watching and rooting hard for Clemson.

I am definitely over it! But, I also think part of the issue is the distance for both schools. Their fans may have been more willing to travel to a closer venue.

we go to a lot of road games, they are not cheap. The ticket price is the least of the cost. Not many can afford back to back games. Notre Dame would have gotten a lot of fans from people who live local, but Clemson and Bama, not so much.

we go to a lot of road games, they are not cheap. The ticket price is the least of the cost. Not many can afford back to back games. Notre Dame would have gotten a lot of fans from people who live local, but Clemson and Bama, not so much.
I agree. The current playoff system is just not working IMO. One main reason is that it’s 2 post season games. If we ever get there again, I wouldn’t spend the $ on the playoff but wait & see if we make the champ. Not spending double to travel etc.

Same old same old. I could care less about watching Alabama and Clemson, again. This is what the 3rd time since the inception? Great for them, but I wouldn't pay any money. And to be stuck in that awful stadium makes it even worse.

To be honest I miss the old days. Just give me the bowl games and I'd be happy.

The people most able to go to the game, the locals, aren't interested in who is playing and the people most willing to go to the game, fans of the two teams, are the least able with the long flights and the like.

Most of the lesser joke bowl games were sparsely attended. I don't know if these figures were tickets sold/given away or butts in seats. The non-Cotton Bowl game in the Cotton Bowl that was cancelled couldn't have had more than 10,000 there.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/coll...tball-bowl-game-attendance-2018-18-1.24180893

If I was local in Santa Clara I might consider going if the price continued to drop to maybe $100.

Last edited:
I agree. The current playoff system is just not working IMO. One main reason is that it’s 2 post season games. If we ever get there again, I wouldn’t spend the $ on the playoff but wait & see if we make the champ. Not spending double to travel etc.
Within 5 years, there will likely be three postseason rounds. Hopefully the first round will be on-campus?

Come on? They even lost the bowl game last night & had 2 losses. Pp said Big 10 too.

I know he did - that's ridiculous so I didn't bother entertaining it. Georgia is the only possible snub and while they didn't make a great case, I stand by the thought that they wouldn't have been humiliated like ND.

I know he did - that's ridiculous so I didn't bother entertaining it. Georgia is the only possible snub and while they didn't make a great case, I stand by the thought that they wouldn't have been humiliated like ND.
I don’t think Ohio St got snubbed this yr either, but it’s kinda hard to have that argument after UGA lost to TX in the sugar. So now they’re a 3 loss team.

ETA: They might not have gotten humilated in the playoff game like ND, but they would have been humiliated by Bama.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter