2018 - the year of getting the most use out of my AP! Completed 2/14

Couple of updates for our trip - 9 days away!

I managed to find a cheaper rental car price so where we were paying $183 we are now only paying $136. I think when I first booked it was looking like the car was going to cost $250! So it really pays off to keep checking back and also checking the discounts they release close to the day. Since most don't require a deposit or any cc info to book its super easy to book the car and cancel without repercussions.

We are definitely going to try to make the Morimoto Asia reservation the night we fly in. And looking at the menu I think we actually will like quite a few things on there so I'm really hoping we make the reservation!

On our last day I thought we would just grab a breakfast at Captain Cooks but I talked to my Mom and told her I had a Kona lunch reservation and she was like oh no let's do that! Which I suppose its more fun to end the trip with a table service than a quick service and it will probably cost close to the same anyway with my Tables In Wonderland card so hopefully its good!

I also order the Oh Mickey! purse from Disney.com yesterday and hoping it makes it in time! It should but you never know!

And this week is all about getting the last minute ears put together! I think my favorite pair Ive made is a Coco themed pair for my sister, they are turning out SO cute!

I also need to start packing because I do not like waiting until the last minute to do it. Especially because next week I will be getting my hair and nails done, getting a spray tan and watching Mean Girls with my friends on Wednesday Oct 3 so I don't think I'll have much spare time next week!

I'm so excited! Except I'm not sure when we'll have another girls trip so I almost don't want it to fly by!

Omg omg omg! I am SO happy right now. So our flights to Orlando were very expensive, $300 each way. Thankfully I had enough SW points (thanks to the cc) to purchase two of the flights on points and then my Mom and sister split the third flight cost. I was checking the site constantly (in incognito of course and not logged into my Rapid Rewards account) hoping the flights would go down at some point since we fly SW so often I would be more than happy to take a credit for a future flight instead of knowing we paid $900 just to get to Orlando!

Well today, 8 days out from our flight, the prices dropped to $150 for two flights! So I rebooked the flights booked on points since points never expire and received 22,000 points back! That's basically another round-trip flight to Florida (when flights aren't $300 each way :rotfl:). And since I took the last two at $150 for the point flights I then checked the flight we paid for in cash and was still able to get a refund of $53 for my flight! Even though my Mom and sister split the cost of this flight I booked it in my name because I know that I will definitely use the flight credit in the next year either on my (hoping!) September trip to Disney or our trip to Aruba in July and there's a higher chance that they won't so it just made sense this way. And the refunds from these flights can only be used for the person the flight was booked. Plus I still technically gave up $300 in SW points for both of their flights so we're even haha

I will definitely keep checking the prices until we go but even if this is the best I get I am so thrilled! :cheer2::banana::cool1:

Your trip is so close! So awesome that you got some money back for your flights! Makes me want to double check for our upcoming trip!!! Have so much fun! I hope you will do a trip report, it sounds likes its going to be an awesome trip!

Your trip is so close! So awesome that you got some money back for your flights! Makes me want to double check for our upcoming trip!!! Have so much fun! I hope you will do a trip report, it sounds likes its going to be an awesome trip!

If you fly SW its definitely worth checking since you just click change flight on the website and don't have to pay anything to change them! So if its cheaper that all goes back to you in the form of a SW credit good for one year (points get refunded too and never expire). You can also sign up for airhint which will send you emails for price changes for SW so it will do the work for you so you don't always have to check but I use both methods! haha

And I definitely plan on doing a TR! They help cure my Disney blues!

Well we are officially home from our trip! And I definitely have the Disney blues! What is it about Disney trips that they just fly by??? Just last Friday I was getting ready to head to the airport and now I'm back to reality!

We had such an amazing trip and I can't wait to write a TR about it! I'll probably finish my current one before I start the next one though. I don't think I can handle all that at once!

Thankfully to help my Disney blues I'm only 63 days out from my trip in December! Monday will be my FP day! (I wish it would have fallen on a Sunday haha) Also, spoiler alert, I loved Morimoto Asia so much on this previous trip that I booked it for DH and I for lunch! I think he will love it too!

So I booked our fastpasses on Monday for December. Unfortunately I couldn't get anything for SDD (ill admit I woke up 5 minutes late so it could have been entirely my fault) but I will try up until the trip to find one for us!

Also! With all of the Storybook dining reservations opened up today I was able to get one! I am so excited for this. I know the menu is supposed to be not as great but I think it will be a cool experience! At first I booked for 12/16 (opening day), I could book a 4:10PM or a 6:00PM. If we did the 4:10PM one we would miss our Mine Train FP before MVMCP and if we did the 6:00PM one we would have to go back and forth from MK and potentially miss an hour of the party. Then, a 12/17 spot opened up that would work for us after the Candlelight processional at 7:00PM! But wait! We were leaving 12/17 at night to fly home. Well I texted DH all three options and he was like well how much would it cost to stay the extra night? And since I had enough Hyatt hotel points (if I paid $24 for an additional 1,000 points) it would only cost us the $24 AND we'd get $62 back on our Southwest flights by flying out the next morning. SO here's the new plan!

Friday 12/14 -
Land at ~7:30 - take the Magical Express to Port Orleans French Quarter
Take boat to Disney Springs - Shop/Chef Art Smith's Homecoming 10:30PM (hopefully there will be less of a boat issue this time than our last experience. If its taking too long we'll just uber but I'm hoping we won't have to since this is the major benefit of staying at POFQ!)
Drinks at Raglan Road and The Edison
Uber back to resort

Saturday 12/15 -
Take boat to Disney Springs
The Void - Wreck it Ralph (hopefully this will be open - we LOVED the Star Wars one!)
Lunch at 1:00PM at Morimoto Asia (I think Dan will LOVE this place. We go to a local sushi place all the time that is very good and hard to beat and Morimotos definitely competes!)
Uber to DHS - FP TSMM 2:45PM-3:45PM, RNR 3:45PM-4:45PM, TOT 4:45PM-5:45PM
Probably will grab a midday snack at Baseline Taphouse
See all of the Christmas decorations and shows on TOT
If I can't snag a SDD we'll have to head there at night and wait in line because its becoming one of my favorite rides!
Dinner at Cali Grill at 9:45 - trying to find an earlier time but if not we'll just head there once we get ready and get some predinner drinks

Sunday 12/16 -
Lunch this day is up in the air - I currently have Kona Cafe and Sebastian's booked. I need to watch a few reviews on Sebastian's before I know for sure if I'm going to keep it. As much as I want to try a new place if we do Kona then we will be on the monorail loop for MVMCP and we could stop at GF to see the gingerbread house along the way. If not it will be an added uber ride to get from Caribbean beach to MK. We could take the bus but idk. I guess that's an option. So unless the food looks REALLY REALLY good, I'll probably stick with Kona.
Head to MK - FP Mine Train 3:55PM-4:55PM Space Mountain 4:55PM-5:55PM You know what I don't like about them kicking everyone out at 6? Is that the party starts at 7 but you can't get a FP for anytime between 6 and 7. So now you can basically only get two FP before the party! I'm hoping we can use the Space Mtn FP early enough and will be able to refresh for a Buzz FP or something!
MVMCP - hot cocoa, cookies, fireworks, second parade, jingle cruise and all of the mountains!
Dinner - I'm not sure what we'll do for dinner. We'll have to eat something and right now I have The Plaza booked at 6:45 but idk if I want to waste party time to sit down and eat. So that may change!
Minnie Van back to resort - Im HOPING there will still be one available after the party to get us back to our resort. I've heard they stop running at 12:30. If not we'll take the bus or walk to the Contemporary and fetch an uber from there. I know Minnie Vans are more expensive now but I ALMOST convinced myself into a night at CR just to have convince after the party lol so a Minnie Van will be MUCH cheaper!

Monday 12/17 -
EPCOT - FP Spaceship Earth 11:10-12:10, Test Track 12:15-1:15, Living with the Land 2:10-3:10
Lunch - Rose and Crown CP Package 1:10
Candlelight Processional 5:00PM
Monorail to TTC - either take monorail around to MK and take boat to the Wilderness Lodge. Or we'll just uber from EPCOT to Wilderness Lodge this will depend on how late we stay at EPCOT or how cold it is. OR we could just hop on the bus to WL. We shall see! (we really don't love buses so we try to avoid them at all costs! Not that the monorail or boats are any more reliable! lol)
7:00PM Storybook Dining - I am SO happy I was able to get this reservation!
Uber back to POFQ to pick up our luggage and uber to Hyatt at the airport (doesn't matter what time this happens! So happy we changed our flight to early the next day!)

Tuesday 12/18 -
Flight home - 8:25AM, land at 11AM, home by noon to snuggle our dog!

I am so happy DH was up for changing our flight! I tried once before and he said it didn't really make sense so idk what the difference was this time! lol

Reactions: DLo
So I booked our fastpasses on Monday for December. Unfortunately I couldn't get anything for SDD (ill admit I woke up 5 minutes late so it could have been entirely my fault) but I will try up until the trip to find one for us!

So I know you already have a LOT planned, plus a late night on Sunday, but have you considered doing TSL Early Morning Magic at Hollywood Studios on Monday morning? That would take care of you not getting a FP for SDD, and it’s over before your FPs start at Epcot, so you wouldn’t have to change any of your plans! Assuming you guys have park hoppers, that is. Anyway, just something I thought of! I hope you didn’t already mention it somewhere and I totally missed it :laughing: My sister and I are doing TSL EMM on 10/29 and we are super excited!

So I know you already have a LOT planned, plus a late night on Sunday, but have you considered doing TSL Early Morning Magic at Hollywood Studios on Monday morning? That would take care of you not getting a FP for SDD, and it’s over before your FPs start at Epcot, so you wouldn’t have to change any of your plans! Assuming you guys have park hoppers, that is. Anyway, just something I thought of! I hope you didn’t already mention it somewhere and I totally missed it :laughing: My sister and I are doing TSL EMM on 10/29 and we are super excited!

I actually forgot about those! It's definitely something to consider if we decide to upgrade Dan's ticket to a hopper! I ended up just getting a 1 day park ticket for him because it felt like we would be rushing around too much if we had a hopper plus the cost difference is kinda crazy between the two! lol plus we aren't really morning people :rotfl:Thankfully we did get to ride it twice when we went in July! If I can't manage to get a FP for it between now and then we'll probably just wait in line for it at the end of the night!

Your plans sound great! Glad you were able to stay the extra night for a minimal cost!

Thanks! I know it will fly by too fast but I'm so happy we could add the extra night! It's hard for me to not add another night at a Disney resort but it definitely makes the most sense financially to go with this!

Omg omg omg! Checking FP availabilty daily DEFINITELY pays off! So I was pretty bummed when I wasn't able to get a SDD FP for our HS day but I figured I would just keep trying and hopefully something would pop up. Well! Saturday night after I had finished helping my Mom put up her tree I decided to check and magically a 6:20PM FP popped up! Not the time I ideally wanted but hey! Beggers cannot be choosers! So I just snatched it up and decided to keep looking.

Well today on a whim I decided to look and a FP for 2:25PM popped up! The EXACT time I wanted. Like literally my RNR FP starts at 3:30! I am so pumped. I was definitely worried about having such a late SDD FP since we probably wouldn't be able to modify for any other FPs but now we should definitely be able to get a TSM FP at some point, too! Woo! And to think I considered paying $200 for Dan and I to try out HS After hours that night! Glad I didn't!

And on that point, as much fun as it probably would be (I mean I definitely considered it) doing the party would mean giving up our late dinner at California Grill that we are both looking forward to. Plus, Dans not really much for riding the same rides over and over so I don't know that he'd really like doing a party where there aren't many options. So overall, I'm glad with this decision!

Updated Itinerary -

Friday 12/14 -
Land at ~7:30 - take the Magical Express to Port Orleans French Quarter
Take boat to Disney Springs - Christmas Tree Trail/Chef Art Smith's Homecoming 10:30PM (hopefully there will be less of a boat issue this time than our last experience. If its taking too long we'll just uber but I'm hoping we won't have to since this is the major benefit of staying at POFQ!)
Drinks at Raglan Road and The Edison
Uber back to resort

Saturday 12/15 -
Take boat to Disney Springs
12:15PM The Void - Wreck it Ralph - already bought our tickets!
Lunch at 1:15PM at Morimoto Asia (I think Dan will LOVE this place. We go to a local sushi place all the time that is very good and hard to beat and Morimotos definitely competes!)
Uber to DHS - FP SDD 2:25PM-3:25PM, RNR 3:25PM-4:25PM, TOT 4:25PM-5:25PM
Probably will grab a midday snack at Baseline Taphouse
See all of the Christmas decorations and shows on TOT
Dinner at Cali Grill at 9:10

Sunday 12/16 -
Decided on Grand Floridian Cafe for Lunch this day. As much as the food looks good at Sebastians I don't really want to be ubering all over the place. So we will just uber to the Grand Floridian Cafe and look at the Christmas decorations there.
Head to MK - FP Mine Train 3:55PM-4:55PM Space Mountain 4:55PM-5:55PM
MVMCP - hot cocoa, cookies, fireworks, second parade, jingle cruise and all of the mountains!
Dinner - I think we're just going to grab a light dinner at Columbia Harbor House. I would rather try some party snacks and eat cookies and hot cocoa than fill up on dinner!
Minnie Van back to resort - Im HOPING there will still be one available after the party to get us back to our resort. I've heard they stop running at 12:30. If not we'll take the bus or walk to the Contemporary and fetch an uber from there. I know Minnie Vans are more expensive now but I ALMOST convinced myself into a night at CR just to have convince after the party lol so a Minnie Van will be MUCH cheaper!

Monday 12/17 -
EPCOT - FP Spaceship Earth 11:10-12:10, Test Track 12:15-1:15, Living with the Land 2:10-3:10
Lunch - Rose and Crown CP Package 1:10
Candlelight Processional 5:00PM
Monorail to TTC - either take monorail around to MK and take boat to the Wilderness Lodge. Or we'll just uber from EPCOT to Wilderness Lodge this will depend on how late we stay at EPCOT or how cold it is. OR we could just hop on the bus to WL. We shall see! (we really don't love buses so we try to avoid them at all costs! Not that the monorail or boats are any more reliable! lol)
7:00PM Storybook Dining - I am SO happy I was able to get this reservation!
Uber back to POFQ to pick up our luggage and uber to Hyatt at the airport (doesn't matter what time this happens! So happy we changed our flight to early the next day!)

Tuesday 12/18 -
Flight home - 8:25AM, land at 11AM, home by noon to snuggle our dog!

Its coming up so soon! I need to get my butt in gear and get all of my ears made and plan my outfits! 32 days!!

YAY! You sound so excited for your upcoming trip, and I can't say that I blame you. I have to wait until May (Epic Girl's trip)...:P

You will have to let me know how Storybook Dining is. I just booked it for me and my husband during our May trip as well...:D

So cool the SDD FP worked out for you!!!!

YAY! You sound so excited for your upcoming trip, and I can't say that I blame you. I have to wait until May (Epic Girl's trip)...:P

You will have to let me know how Storybook Dining is. I just booked it for me and my husband during our May trip as well...:D

So cool the SDD FP worked out for you!!!!

I am! Although Im trying to not wish the next month away because I do love Christmastime! We'll see how that goes lol May will be here before you know it! That will probably be such a fun trip, too!

I definitely will! I'm hoping the food will be decent, mostly going just to see the characters because I don't know that I could ever do the two hour party waits!

I was so excited for that FP!

That's awesome that you got a SDD FP for the time you wanted!

Thanks! I feel like that never happens where its the exact time you want! Plus, I was able to modify the other two to be back to back with this one now so I am very happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!