My Universal Photo Packages

Oh, and at Volcano Bay you connect your TapuTapu to your account, and it does pics on various slides that are automatically added. There are also automated photo spots at VB.

Oh, and at Volcano Bay you connect your TapuTapu to your account, and it does pics on various slides that are automatically added. There are also automated photo spots at VB.

How do you connect the TapuTapu to your photo account?

I asked on the way out, and they did it for me easily. Can't remember where, but right near the entry walkway. I'm sure you could do it on the way in also, we just didn't want to waste morning time. Make sure all your group's TapuTapus end up added, so you get the on slide photos.

I asked on the way out, and they did it for me easily. Can't remember where, but right near the entry walkway. I'm sure you could do it on the way in also, we just didn't want to waste morning time. Make sure all your group's TapuTapus end up added, so you get the on slide photos.

Sounds good. Thanks for your help

How do you connect the TapuTapu to your photo account?

Hi if you go by the stores to the left as you enter into the main park there is an amazing pictures stand. They will set you up when you have your tapu tapu. It worked great for us this trip and loved the pics we got. I did have the summer package special so I was pleased.

I only have to purchase 1 card for my family, correct? I have the option to purchase multiple cards... why? I understand 1 day/3 day... but why multiple quantities?

and does the 3-day have to be used within 3 consecutive days, meaning Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday. Or can it be used Monday, Wednesday, Friday?

Thanks!

Consecutive days. The one photo package covers your family. The photo company sets you up an account, and you carry a card to add photos to the account. You can be using multiple cards attached to your account, so if you split up both parties can collect their photos.

I purchased the summer special which they said (before purchasing) is good for WHENEVER is want to use it (I'm going in Sept). i am new to the DISBOARDS but have been posting at the Unofficial boards TOURING GUIDES sites for a bit. What I have learned is that the "specials" come frequently. When one ends it's just a matter of weeks until the next one starts. Grab them at one of these specials! I have talked with people at the Amazing Pictures and they have assured me when you purchase, it's good for whenever you activate it. So the "summer" special is good when I go in Sept! Having never used it, I don;t know a lot of details, but I plan to activate ASAP when I arrive at the parks (rope drops be damned!) and then putting each and every photo opportunity on it! From a lot of the responses here, it seems there are knowledgeable people who will tell me any details on that day and I am banking on that!

GRAB ONE OF THE DISCOUNT DEALS for $60 bucks for 5 days! (if that works for you). i don't see how you can go wrong! And it seems like Universal is adding photographers to make this packages worth more and more! I buy ride photos all the time and even if I just get the ride photos on my account it'll be worth it! After I go in Sept, I'll let you know if there are any glitches!

Last edited:
Yes, it appears the summer special is over. But unless you need it right away, just keep checking for the next special. This is the link I used and it appeared as one of the choices on this page:

https://presale.amazingpictures.com/universalflorida.aspx

You could also call them to get details (go to their webpage for the phone number) but realize you usually have to leave a message they call you back (which can be inconvenient when you don't know WHEN they'll call back!)

Is anyone aware of any photo package sales? we go next week. I only see 3 day for $89 which I assume is $10 off in park price. Bummed because we will be there 4 days. Don't want to spend $139 for the extra day.

Is anyone aware of any photo package sales? we go next week. I only see 3 day for $89 which I assume is $10 off in park price. Bummed because we will be there 4 days. Don't want to spend $139 for the extra day.

Add the 4th day in the park if you decide you want it. It won't be $139. It should be half that - maybe less. We had to do that ourselves as well as we are usually there for 4 days. Adding the day was easy - did it at FJ. We had more of an issue of pictures never showing up on account.

Having just returned from my trip and having purchased the photo package ON SALE, I have these comments and this advice to offer:
- We got 32 pictures for our $69 sale price
- I am a scrapbooker and buy lots of ride photos so this was worth it to me (and a bargain)
- We were in the parks in September during crowd days rated 3/10.
- There were not a lot pf photographers around, and when there was one, they took 4-5 different poses of us.
- we have been to Universal before so we really didn't go on everything and just hit the attractions we wanted to do. We were in the parks for 5-7 hours each day.
- Overall, I am glad I bought the package but I would not do it again unless it has been a long time since I last went to Universal.
- It was worth it ONLY because of the sale price. I would be highly disappointed if I paid full price for this package.
- There are some unique opportunities to get photos with great borders and backgrounds (Gringott's Bank ride and Spiderman)
- Without and photo package, I could have done almost as well with my own camera - with the exception of ride photos.

I appreciate you sharing your experiences with the photo program

Your price was decent and better than the normal sale amount

Hope your trip was great

Update on our experience with the package...I bought it on line before we went (unfortunately not on sale) for 3 days. Had a heck of a time getting it activated... i can't print at home right now but had my email. They finally got it and I was able to add some temporary cards we had collected through out the morning. At the end of the 3rd day I inquired about adding another day and they wanted $59 which is crazy...the employee then told me that the package was good until noon the next day (since we hadn't activated it until around noon the first day). So I decided to not purchase the additional day as we just needed a Hulk picture, some superhero pics and the water rides. Well at Hulk I was informed that it had expired (9:30am). I guess I whined and told them that was not what I was told the day before and my daughter looked disappointed enough that the girl extended it for the rest of the day at no charge since it was our last day. She also informed me we had 2 credits left...I told her we had gotten our 2 pics the night before but she said no you still have two more. So I ended up with over 40 pics for $89. My only complaint is that the superman photo doesn't have the special effects despite them printing that one and showing it to me with the special effects.

I will say that every morning there were a few photographers at the front but unless you asked they didn't even attempt to take your picture. One of our better pictures the photographer had us hold our hands in a certain way (i assumed to place something in them later) but nothing is edited. So it looks kind of funny. Now that I'm thinking about it we had a picture taken on the bridge in CW in front of the globe and it never showed up. As far as photographers around at character meets....there were very few...unless they were in a shop (superman and sponge bob) none at the marvel characters etc. While I was waiting for the issue with activation to be corrected I did here 2 managers discussing the fact that they didn't have enough photographers to cover all the areas and that one of them was going to have to go to a spot because there was nobody there and the spot was radioing them to hurry.

Next time I will start watching for a sale long before we travel...

If you're only there for two days and don't do any thrill rides is the photo package worth it?

If there's not alot of photographers around I can't imagine it would be worth the price :confused3

I went back and looked and we had about 9 none thrill ride photo's across for days...I know we missed a few as they were characters my kids didn't care about.

Out of 88 photos over 4 days, 27 of mine are ride photos. Other than rides, there were 27 different places we were photographed at. Most places had multiple shots, some in different poses and some just about the same.

Some of the photos that require the package are the Spiderman meet, the ET shots (on the bike and in the closet), in the Seuss trolly line (a Seuss background), in the Gringotts line (in front of a goblin at the bank), and the auto-camera spots which add in background effects (like the Back to the Future car and the Jurassic Park car).

You can ask the roaming photographers to take a shot with different scenery. We had them take shots overlooking the IOA lake from before the Seuss arch, and one of us under the Hogsmeade arch.

Out of 88 photos over 4 days, 27 of mine are ride photos. Other than rides, there were 27 different places we were photographed at. Most places had multiple shots, some in different poses and some just about the same.

Some of the photos that require the package are the Spiderman meet, the ET shots (on the bike and in the closet), in the Seuss trolly line (a Seuss background), in the Gringotts line (in front of a goblin at the bank), and the auto-camera spots which add in background effects (like the Back to the Future car and the Jurassic Park car).

You can ask the roaming photographers to take a shot with different scenery. We had them take shots overlooking the IOA lake from before the Seuss arch, and one of us under the Hogsmeade arch.
Can you get pictures in the Gringotts line if you're not doing the ride?

Also can you meet the minions without doing their ride? Is their ride a stimulator I'm not sure if it would make us sick, ratatouille in Paris made us a little queasy with the motion. I know it's not the same but we tend to stay away from anything that might make us queasy :sick::rotfl2:

Can you get pictures in the Gringotts line if you're not doing the ride?

Also can you meet the minions without doing their ride? Is their ride a stimulator

You should be able to get the Gringotts photo and exit before the ride.

I don't know about meeting the Minions, someone else should know though. The ride is a theater with seats that move along with the 3D movie on the screen. Or there is a row of motionless seats available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter