2018 Free Dining

Wow, really? Geez what a crummy promo for them.o_O

Not the best deal for Value but for a UK traveler you're looking at on average 14 nights.

So for the moderates and Deluxe that's better value, as 14 days worth of either the Quick Service or the Disney Dining is a big saving (albeit a lot of food).

Also with our packages, at least through next year, we still get free parking at the Disney Hotels, Free Memory Maker and a $200 gift card per room.

Last edited:

Good Luck everyone one :thumbsup2

Also sending virtual hugs and support to all the Dream's Reps, on what in no doubt will turn into a super busy day :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Logged on at 5am eastern and FD was offered, called my daughter right away (who is booking her family trip at the same time..) and we both got what we wanted, took 1 hour and multiple attempts to get everything right..
Hoping when things settle down we can get in and add 2 days before and 2 days after the free dining trip... done a split stay last year but never split 3 trips together.? trying for arriving thanksgiving day and staying 10 days??

Crazy Morning

pop

So .. if SWGE opens up anytime before October 2019 ... is this the last year of Free Dining?

Considering that the offer is available for about three weeks after the end of September this year, (signaling they don't need a promotion (at that scale) to draw people to the parks in Oct/Nov/Dec), why would they need the promotion at all next year SWGE opens in August or Sept?

For the dates I want there are only three resorts with availability right now at 11:15am and wouldn't do those resorts. Like I said before values were gone for my dates.

I don't go to Disney World; unless, I have the free dining offer. We have 2 adults with 2 kids in one room and 3 adults in another.

Dollywood here we come instead.

Good luck and congrats to those that secured their dates! I have been booked for mid October for a few months - my dates are non negotiable and not eligible. I do remember those mornings awaiting the success happy dance when the TA called or I was able to get through and book. Happy Planning!

They just opened up more dates for the Disney Visa Cardholders...Aug 2-Aug 19. Of course, because, you know, we leave Disney on 8/2 lol

I had no issues getting through at 6:30, but can't even get to the page now. I'm very glad I didn't wait. I was able to get exactly what I wanted.

I also managed to get a Cars suite for my sister's family and our parents at 10am. Cars suites were the only ones left, which is lucky as my nephew is a complete Cars nut.

There are a few openings appearing here and there as people make changes or cancel at the values. I would keep looking today and tomorrow for the possibility.

I've decided against DW even with the free dining. I can't justify the cost.

For the dates I want there are only three resorts with availability right now at 11:15am and wouldn't do those resorts. Like I said before values were gone for my dates.

I don't go to Disney World; unless, I have the free dining offer. We have 2 adults with 2 kids in one room and 3 adults in another.

Dollywood here we come instead.

If cost is a factor, which it seems like it is based on the statement "I don't go to Disney World without free dining", then cutting a day or two from a planned trip to WDW could save as much money as you would save getting free dining. Short trips to WDW are affordable without free dining.

Dollywood, of course, will be significantly cheaper as it is smaller theme park and definitely a good middle of the country alternative to a family with kids.

If cost is a factor, which it seems like it is based on the statement "I don't go to Disney World without free dining", then cutting a day or two from a planned trip to WDW could save as much money as you would save getting free dining. Short trips to WDW are affordable without free dining.

Dollywood, of course, will be significantly cheaper as it is smaller theme park and definitely a good middle of the country alternative to a family with kids.
Also one could stay offsite and really save a bunch. With the size of family the OP travels with, they could rent a nearby house for way less than at WDW and pay OOP for meals and still come out ahead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!