2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
October 19-26...just me and my two daughters (13 and 15)

My younger daughter and I did the Parisian Afternoon event in 2016 and she loved it. She wants to do it again and I told DD15 that she's going to have to go too. She is a very picky eater and I hope she will at least TRY the offerings...she may be pleasantly surprised. DD15 actually enjoyed her last visit to F&W and I was so happy to see her trying different foods. I told both of the girls that since the portions are "small", if we order one item, they only need to try one bite. If they don't like it, fine...we can toss it if nobody likes it. Between the three of us, half of it will be gone anyways if we each take one bite! This will be a great way for all of us to try a bunch of new things without getting too filled up. I have about $200 budgeted for the booths and honestly, I think we will run out of time before we run out of money.

When does Eat to the Beat usually get posted?

Usually the full schedule should be out by July, but certain acts can start trickling in around May or so. Typically people start hearing dates from the bands before anything official is announced

@Dis_Yoda are you still saying you're done with PFTS?

Just chiming in on PFTS ... Although I've enjoyed it previous years (didn't attend last year), I've heard from many people that PFTS senses was not worth it last year to say the least.

I'm going to be down during the Swolphin food event, so I'm leaning towards attending the Swolphin fest on Friday 10/26. The ticket price doesn't look too bad for the main event + the beer garden. Would this be a decent alternative to PFTS?

Usually the full schedule should be out by July, but certain acts can start trickling in around May or so. Typically people start hearing dates from the bands before anything official is announced

Just chiming in on PFTS ... Although I've enjoyed it previous years (didn't attend last year), I've heard from many people that PFTS senses was not worth it last year to say the least.

I'm going to be down during the Swolphin food event, so I'm leaning towards attending the Swolphin fest on Friday 10/26. The ticket price doesn't look too bad for the main event + the beer garden. Would this be a decent alternative to PFTS?

I am one who has done PFTS for years and loved it. I too am done after last year. Just a big let down

I went last year during the 3rd week of October; gingerbread at the Germany kiosk was already sold out for the remainder of the festival.
Thank you hopefully they will be better prepared this year. We love the gingerbread.

I feel like I should know this...but what is PFTS?
Party for the Senses. I've never been but I believe it is a ticketed party with a variety of food and drinks available. And live music. Others can weigh in more though, I'm sure.

Party for the Senses. I've never been but I believe it is a ticketed party with a variety of food and drinks available. And live music. Others can weigh in more though, I'm sure.
Thank you! It was driving me nuts trying to figure out what it meant!

I wish they would announce event dates earlier, even if they don't go on sale until July. I really want to do Party for the Senses for our 20th anniversary but I have to gamble on the date and plan the rest of the trip now. I am rarely lucky when I gamble...
I wish they would post dates earlier too. The one event I don’t want to miss is the French Family Meal. We did it last year and it was much fun. Sadly if the dates are similar to last year, our APs will end right before the first Sunday. :sad: I’d love to justify something else or do something in its place. Right now I’m feeling empty.

I wish they would post dates earlier too. The one event I don’t want to miss is the French Family Meal. We did it last year and it was much fun. Sadly if the dates are similar to last year, our APs will end right before the first Sunday. :sad: I’d love to justify something else or do something in its place. Right now I’m feeling empty.

Fingers crossed they increase the number of times it's offered. I was eyeing that one too, actually, it would be new to us. I went ahead and booked over two weekends to hedge my bets.m

Okay I was busy last fall having a baby instead of following along with F&W news, so catch me up on why everyone hated PFTS last year.

Okay I was busy last fall having a baby instead of following along with F&W news, so catch me up on why everyone hated PFTS last year.

Congratulations! I guess I need this info too because we went in August last year and I avoided F&W info because it made me sad I was missing out.

Does anyone have handy a link to the F&W events offered in 2017? Things like the pairing lunches & dinners.

Thank you!

I don’t think I have posted here before, but when I discovered that we would be there during F&W, I was delighted - a very happy accident!

Does anyone know how far in advance they usually release information about special events like cooking classes? My DVC-owning friend has attended a few and said I would enjoy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!