2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay - we'll be there September 15-25 for our first ever trip as well as our first F&W Festival!

When is the rumoured change for Illuminations expected? I was hoping we would see it in September...

If they don't set up a system to "police" this it's all pointless as nothing will change regarding people abusing the resort parking lots to access the parks. The only ones being affected with these excessive new parking fees are the already overcharged resort guests who will now have to pay through the nose for the privilege of having a car on property.

Read on another thread that people visiting a resort for dining etc will be given or are given a ticket at the guard booth with a time limit and when they drive out if they have exceeded the time limit they will be charged for parking. I do not know how valid that statement is or not.

On a happier note....I for one hope that Mac and cheese is back for another year!:cool1:

I wish they would announce event dates earlier, even if they don't go on sale until July. I really want to do Party for the Senses for our 20th anniversary but I have to gamble on the date and plan the rest of the trip now. I am rarely lucky when I gamble...

I wish they would announce event dates earlier, even if they don't go on sale until July. I really want to do Party for the Senses for our 20th anniversary but I have to gamble on the date and plan the rest of the trip now. I am rarely lucky when I gamble...

Agreed! I know its always been this way since we've been doing this for years. I did like it the year that ADRs were made only 90 days out instead of 180.

We're trying to figure out our plan for the Food & Wine portions of our trips in September/November. I have a feeling my mother and I will end up dropping V&A or California Grill Brunch depending on the events opening weekend.

For my trip with my husband - we're going to ignore special events during Wine & Dine and then hope for lots of fun Monday thru Saturday afterwards!

I'm 90% sure this will turn into the Mission Space Restaurant announced at D23.

I don't believe so. I don't remember if it was said at D23 or if it came about after but I have in my head that the restaurant is suppose to go somewhere between Mission: Mars and Test Track (don't quote me though :upsidedow). Seems like a huge space too if it had 2 attractions inside of it.

I do hope there is still some kind of festival center this year though. It was nice to get into an air conditioned space last year and some of the art displays in there were really really awesome!

I am just too impatient for this. I hate waiting to see what the menus at the booths are! We won't do the special events since our time is so limited this year so the booths are a huge deal!

I am just too impatient for this. I hate waiting to see what the menus at the booths are! We won't do the special events since our time is so limited this year so the booths are a huge deal!

I need as much heads up on what is at the booths so I can make sure my stationary bike riding and work outs with weights will burn the fat I have so i can add it back in October !:rotfl2:

DW and I will be there 11/10 thru 11/12. Hope booths do not run out of items. We heard last year some selections were not available the last few days. Anyone know if that is true?

DW and I will be there 11/10 thru 11/12. Hope booths do not run out of items. We heard last year some selections were not available the last few days. Anyone know if that is true?
Usually it would be some of the special edition beers that run out

Yes, it's true they do run out of some items. We always go for about the last two weekends through the last day. Last year they were out of the Salmon at I believe the Scotland booth for most of the final week although they did have it on the last day but hadn't removed the "sold out" sticker from the menu board. A few years back I tried to get the Pork Belly in Brazil on the last afternoon & they had run out. Another year I tried to get the Griddled Greek Cheese the final weekend and it was sold out. Last year was strange as quite a few items were "sold out" on some days but available again a day or two later. It's possible they were having supply issues due to all the hurricane activity last fall not just what actually hit FL. Towards they end they are definitely out of some of the special beers and some of the wines.

We'll be there Sept. 15-23 -- can't wait. We go every year for F&W and MNSSHP. This trip will be doubly special, as it's DH's 50th! Really looking forward to doing the Parisian breakfast again. Yum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!