2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone briefly explain any costs for food and the festival? Or point me to a thread that explains everything.

Thanks!

Admission to the festival is included in your park ticket. So walking around and looking at the booths or poking around the festival center (if there’s a festival center this year) is all included. Anything else is pay as you go, including sampling items at booths. Items at the booths average ~$8 (some qualify as snack credits on dining plan) - see the 2017 detail here but keep in mind this year could be totally different. Any special events are also separately priced.

Woo so excited! We planned our November trip in the hopes that we would catch the tail end of the festival and that is exactly when we will be there! Excited for the opportunity of discounted merch and of course all the amazing food!

Thanks crazy4wdw for starting and monitoring the thread!:cheer2:

If you haven't booked your resort for your upcoming Food and Wine trip, consider doing it this week if you're planning to drive. Disney is implementing an overnight guest parking charge for reservations starting March 21, 2018:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/parking/

This just sucks! Since DH and I are dvc it won’t affect us except for the few times we make a wdw hotel reservation. Wonder why they are charging so much when you can’t park at hotels unless you are a guests or have a dining reservation.

Yes, but rumor has it that Illuminations will be replaced sometime later this year. Also on Fridays & Saturdays during the F & W festival EPCOT remains open until 10PM so Illuminations is at 10PM on those nights.

Oh that’s a good reminder about the time - thanks!

Joining in! We will be arriving Nov 10 so we will be there just in time for the end. We attended in 2015 and I'm excited to go again!

hoping to go in late September or early October. waiting for some discounts. :)

This just sucks! Since DH and I are dvc it won’t affect us except for the few times we make a wdw hotel reservation. Wonder why they are charging so much when you can’t park at hotels unless you are a guests or have a dining reservation.

According to the WDW website, "day guests" will be allowed to park in order to visit "select" dining, shopping, entertainment or recreation at resorts. Probably requiring a validation or a time limit although we don't know yet.

According to the WDW website, "day guests" will be allowed to park in order to visit "select" dining, shopping, entertainment or recreation at resorts. Probably requiring a validation or a time limit although we don't know yet.
If they don't set up a system to "police" this it's all pointless as nothing will change regarding people abusing the resort parking lots to access the parks. The only ones being affected with these excessive new parking fees are the already overcharged resort guests who will now have to pay through the nose for the privilege of having a car on property.

Been to F&W many times, question.... Is there a pass that allows you to not have to pay at the kiosk? almost like a all inclusive card? if so whats the cost?

First time going to F&W and sooooo super excited. Traveling without kids for our early anniversary celebration and can not wait! I made a reservation at Rose & Crown for the evening we're going and it says "Special and Unique" experience with the time highlighted differently... does anyone have any idea what this might be?

Been to F&W many times, question.... Is there a pass that allows you to not have to pay at the kiosk? almost like a all inclusive card? if so whats the cost?

There is usually a "tasting sampler," but it's not a great deal unless you use it for cocktails or champagne. I usually buy one per year to get the pin and use it on my various visits for a cocktail.

Between May and F&W I usually load up a few Disney gift cards for use at the kiosks. I look at it as 'pre-paying' as the booth-grazing can get very $$$ and add up quickly. By doing multiple gift cards I sort of have a way to watch my budgeting and spend rate.

Last year we were there over Labor Day Weekend and then went back for the last weekend of the Festival in November. Just booked yesterday for November 10-14 so we can get in the last couple of days again. Trying to convince DH that we need to go again in September. Right now he says no because we are going in June. Wonder if I can convince him to squeeze in another trip?

This will be our second time at the festival. We will be there at the end of September for 10 days to celebrate when we honeymooned 20 years ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!