2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by crazy4wdw, Mar 12, 2018.

1. TeresaWen

TeresaWen DIS Veteran

While the information may be still fresh I'm planning for 2019.

Question - was an annual pass voucher enough for early booking of the events? My plan would be to purchase the voucher early in 2019 but most likely not activate until we go in October of 2019. Given all our current plans it is unlikely we well be back in WDW before then so we let our current pass expire.

2. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Yes, all over Epcot they have small booklets called Festival Passports that show what is sold at each location (food and beverage) and a brief description of the food item. You can pick them up at almost any cash register in the park. Or at the entrance when you arrive.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. dachsie

dachsie DIS Veteran

Yes - I booked with my voucher for this year. I did not activate it until I got there in Sept.

TeresaWen likes this.
  5. TeresaWen

TeresaWen DIS Veteran

Thank you! Time to start planning :)

6. randumb0

randumb0 Party at Mickey's

Today I was disappointed as i fully expected to see a sale of the F&W merchandise and there was none. I spoke with a CM and they stated that they dont expect to see a sale this year as sales have been pretty strong. At this time last year all items were on sale.

7. 2xcited2sleep

2xcited2sleep DIS Veteran

Just curious if anyone has attended one of the cheese seminars this year? We’re going tomorrow and wondered what to expect.

8. randumb0

I haven't but I am anxious to hear about it. Only 3 days left of F&W

9. NicoleLarson

NicoleLarson DIS Veteran

I'm thinking about going tomorrow to the last day of F&W. Are the culinary demos in the same place as they have been in years past? I wanted to watch the Alex Guarnaschelli demo but I didn't know if it was still in the open space where you could still watch it even though you didn't pay for the demo or if they changed it so that it's more closed off.

10. randumb0

Today is the last day :(

TeresaWen likes this.
  11. TeresaWen

TeresaWen DIS Veteran

Time to start dreaming & planning for 2019!

Tess likes this.
  12. Tess

Tess DIS Veteran - 1997

We are already booked! :flower1:

TeresaWen likes this.
  13. 2xcited2sleep

2xcited2sleep DIS Veteran

Maybe we can wrap the festival up with some 2018 superlative awards? Would love to know your votes in any of the following categories (don't have to answer all ... & feel free to add more categories too!)

• Best "booth" overall:
    • Favorite savory item:
    • Favorite sweet item:
    • Favorite cocktail:
    • Favorite beer/flight:
    • Favorite wine/flight:
    • Best new item:
    • Most missed item of years past:
    • Best special event:
    • Biggest surprise:
    • Biggest disappointment:
    • Most likely to have multiple times over the course of your visit (food or beverage):
    • Item I most want the recipe for:
    • Advice you'd give the planning team for next year:

DisHmsklMom and Chisoxcollector like this.
  14. dachsie

dachsie DIS Veteran

2xcited2sleep likes this.
  15. karrit2000

karrit2000 DIS Veteran

• Best "booth" overall: Ireland
    • Favorite savory item: Fritto Misto
    • Favorite sweet item: Warm Chocolate Pudding
    • Favorite cocktail: Guinness Bailey's Shake
    • Favorite beer/flight: Craft Drafts Flight #1
    • Favorite wine/flight: Didn't care for any I tried they were unimpressive
    • Best new item:Fritto Misto
    • Most missed item of years past: Goat Cheese Tart in France & the Chicken & Rice dish they used to serve in Morocco.
    • Best special event: Tequila Lunch
    • Biggest surprise: Gift at the Tequila Lunch
    • Biggest disappointment: the Wine Flights & Spinach & Artichoke dip
    • Most likely to have multiple times over the course of your visit (food or beverage): Fritto Misto
    • Item I most want the recipe for:
    • Advice you'd give the planning team for next year: Make sure you have enough specialty items like the Shake Glasses in Ireland & the Flasks at the Light Lab & the Remy Prizes to last the entire length of the festival. Come up with some exciting new events that are moderately priced. The festival is getting stale and way too expensive. Every Booth should have a dessert. Australia needs a menu overhaul (at least a new version of both the Shrimp and Lamb but not the junk cut of lamb they served last year) & Canada needs another item or two but please not the Salmon. Better Variety of Cheeses please but no more Blue Cheeses.
    I had an enjoyable time during my two visits but the running out of specialty items so early in the festival shows extremely poor planning. I was fortunate enough to hunt down all 4 of the Remy Tumblers at the beginning of October. Was very disappointed they ran out of the Ireland Cups because I was hoping to get another one so I would have a pair. It was inexcusable that they ran out of the Flasks at Light Lab less than 2 weeks into the festival. While I enjoyed the special events I attended I had hoped for something new. Was a bit disappointed for the first time in the Italian Wine vs. Beer Pairing I attended at Via Napoli. The Appetizer was the best I've ever had there but the meal was mediocre after that. Had a hard time getting refills on the wines & the main course was uninspired & cold. I wish they'd go back to offering just a Wine Pairing meal at Via Napoli. I also wish they would scale back on the Asian booths & excessive use of heavy spices. Unless there is a major overhaul I'll be skipping next year. May plan a quick trip just to visit a few food booths before my AP expires but I'm bored with the same old events & mostly same old booth menus.

16. Chisoxcollector

Chisoxcollector Mouseketeer

• Best "booth" overall: Islands of the Caribbean
    • Favorite savory item: Fritto Misto
    • Favorite sweet item: Banana Almond Soft Serve Sundae
    • Favorite cocktail: Frozen Mimosa
    • Favorite beer/flight: N/A
    • Favorite wine/flight: N/A
    • Best new item: Fritto Misto
    • Most missed item of years past: Griddled Greek Cheese
    • Best special event: Mexican Tequila Lunch
    • Biggest surprise: Fritto Misto
    • Biggest disappointment: Teriyaki Chicken Bun
    • Most likely to have multiple times over the course of your visit (food or beverage): Banana Almond Soft Serve Sundae
    • Item I most want the recipe for: Spicy Ethiopian Red Lentil Stew
    • Advice you'd give the planning team for next year: Bring back the signature meals at various restaurants, and events at the hotels like the Trader Sams event.

Dis_Yoda likes this.
  17. randumb0

Chisoxcollector likes this.